The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #2401
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Albert doesn't have any baggage.

He's spent two seasons at the top of the pass blocking efficiency ratings for left tackles, so he's got a lot of value.
Bob's your Information Minister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #2402
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post

He's spent two seasons at the top of the pass blocking efficiency ratings for left tackles, so he's got a lot of value.
No contract= not elite.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #2403
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post

Think of it this way, he was on a 2 win team and the new coach does not want to invest in him. What does that tell you?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #2404
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
What baggage does he have? He's been medically cleared. Passed his physical with no back problems at all. They said no long term problems are there so I'm confused?

Albert is being rumored to go to Miami for their 2nd round pick, which seems very possible since they are in "win now" mode, Jeff Ireland's job is on the line and they would most likely have to trade up to get one of the 3 OT's.
Well back problems aren't that simple. It's good that he's been cleared but believe me, for a GM, that's still a concern if you're going to trade a high pick and give him a new contract.

Don't get me wrong, I said it was a great move for KC to tag him. I think most of KC's recent moves have been great except for Alex Smith. This is a draft loaded with OTs, even the ones outside of the top three should still be good players. IMO it would be foolish for Ireland to make that move.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #2405
FearLanier

After reading this I'm convinced that Branden Albert is gone.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...medium=twitter

I think he's heading to Miami and we'll get their 2nd and possibly another pick in return.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #2406
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

I think he's heading to Miami and we'll get their 2nd and possibly another pick in return.
yah maybe, you all might get that second round pick back... then the only question will be which LT will kc take?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #2407
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
yah maybe, you all might get that second round pick back... then the only question will be which LT will kc take?
Probably Joeckel.

It would be incredible if we got a trade with the Eagles, picked up more picks and then took Joeckel at 4, but I doubt that happens.

Can't hurt to dream though
Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #2408
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:

Sounds like kFc is content to tread water and not strengthen their team this year. This will be the 2nd position they addressed but didn't upgrade. Deuwayne Bow and now unloading Albert, who despite never making a Pro Bowl Boob and Sheepstud considered equal or better than Clady.

If you have an LT tagged why not draft another position of need on the OL rather than replace a guy, who if not spectacular, is productive? Don't they need a G, C, G, RT too?

This will be fun watching this play out, too bad kFc didn't still have Pioli and Romeo running this draft that could have been licensed out to Comedy Central for a reality show!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #2409
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Sounds like kFc is content to tread water and not strengthen their team this year. This will be the 2nd position they addressed but didn't upgrade. Deuwayne Bow and now unloading Albert, who despite never making a Pro Bowl Boob and Sheepstud considered equal or better than Clady.

If you have an LT tagged why not draft another position of need on the OL rather than replace a guy, who if not spectacular, is productive? Don't they need a G, C, G, RT too?

This will be fun watching this play out, too bad kFc didn't still have Pioli and Romeo running this draft that could have been licensed out to Comedy Central for a reality show!
This will be decided later after the draft is over. Schefter reported we are looking to get a 2nd this year and another additional pick next year.

Sounds like this is their attempt to get back some of that compensation to get Alex Smith.

They are also looking to trade down and have already talked to a few teams about it. It would be great if we got a 2nd this year and another pick next year for Albert and traded down to get another 2nd this year and a high pick next year while getting Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #2410
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
This will be decided later after the draft is over. Schefter reported we are looking to get a 2nd this year and another additional pick next year.

Sounds like this is their attempt to get back some of that compensation to get Alex Smith.

They are also looking to trade down and have already talked to a few teams about it. It would be great if we got a 2nd this year and another pick next year for Albert and traded down to get another 2nd this year and a high pick next year while getting Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson.
I think trading down is the best option you could still get a top 2 OT and pick up some picks. I would be surprised to see anyone give a 2nd for a guy who has a history of back issues. Maybe someone offers a low pick this year and a comp pick next year?

Still cracks me up that Reid locked up Bowie for big money when there was a large quality FA class of WR's available. At some point they are going to need to start addressing the positions they have less than average players at and upgrading those.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #2411
FearLanier

Quote:
I think trading down is the best option you could still get a top 2 OT and pick up some picks. I would be surprised to see anyone give a 2nd for a guy who has a history of back issues. Maybe someone offers a low pick this year and a comp pick next year?

Still cracks me up that Reid locked up Bowie for big money when there was a large quality FA class of WR's available. At some point they are going to need to start addressing the positions they have less than average players at and upgrading those.
I don't get your logic here broncosteven. What WR should the Chiefs have signed instead of Bowe?

Percy Harvin is a nutcase cancer to any team, Greg Jennings is coming off a major injury that sidelined him most of last year, the Dolphins threw the house at Mike Wallace, Wes Welker is old and not an outside WR (his strength is in the slot on the inside).

Bowe is in the top 20 WR's all time for receiving yards in 6 seasons played. He's been a 1,000 caliber WR his entire career and look at what QB's he's been given?

Signing him was a great move and a must. Plus this draft is extremely deep with talented WR's. There's about 12-14 WR's who could really make an impact on a team this year.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #2412
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
I don't get your logic here broncosteven. What WR should the Chiefs have signed instead of Bowe?

Percy Harvin is a nutcase cancer to any team, Greg Jennings is coming off a major injury that sidelined him most of last year, the Dolphins threw the house at Mike Wallace, Wes Welker is old and not an outside WR (his strength is in the slot on the inside).

Bowe is in the top 20 WR's all time for receiving yards in 6 seasons played. He's been a 1,000 caliber WR his entire career and look at what QB's he's been given?

Signing him was a great move and a must. Plus this draft is extremely deep with talented WR's. There's about 12-14 WR's who could really make an impact on a team this year.
Good points, I also forgot that Smith likely wouldn't be able to chuck it 40 yards or more deep to Wallace. Maybe having a big guy outside who is old and misses out on targeted passes because he is not where he should be is a better option than taking a chance on Jennings or even Amendola.

You guys have the short little fast guy who is not really an RB and not an everydown WR to play slot. He will get alot of zero yard passes from Smith and expected to make YAC.

Terrible year to try to get better when all you can piece together is Smith, Dropsy Bowe and an LT TBD and no one wants to trade down with you...
Old 03-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #2413
FearLanier

Quote:
Good points, I also forgot that Smith likely wouldn't be able to chuck it 40 yards or more deep to Wallace. Maybe having a big guy outside who is old and misses out on targeted passes because he is not where he should be is a better option than taking a chance on Jennings or even Amendola.

You guys have the short little fast guy who is not really an RB and not an everydown WR to play slot. He will get alot of zero yard passes from Smith and expected to make YAC.

Terrible year to try to get better when all you can piece together is Smith, Dropsy Bowe and an LT TBD and no one wants to trade down with you...
Well our GM did say he's had more than 1 team talk to him about a trade. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen. We'll see. Can't trust any GM this time of the year!

I think our plan is to trade down and take Lane Johnson, who is just as good of a pass blocker as Joeckel or Fisher.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #2414
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Why Yes the Chiefs do SUCK!!!
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #2415
Rolandftw

Chiefs can set themselves up pretty good for the future if they are able to acquire a second for 2014 in the Albert trade, and another 2nd rounder in a trade down from #1.

Having three 2nd rounders for 2014 potentially would help them to trade up for their QBOTF once they realize that Chase Daniel is awful, and never should have been signed.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #2416
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Well our GM did say he's had more than 1 team talk to him about a trade. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen. We'll see. Can't trust any GM this time of the year!

I think our plan is to trade down and take Lane Johnson, who is just as good of a pass blocker as Joeckel or Fisher.
You don't need the best Tackle in the draft just a guy who fits your system, trading down would be the smart move. You better hope someone falls in love with Geno.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:45 AM   #2417
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Chiefs can set themselves up pretty good for the future if they are able to acquire a second for 2014 in the Albert trade, and another 2nd rounder in a trade down from #1.

Having three 2nd rounders for 2014 potentially would help them to trade up for their QBOTF once they realize that Chase Daniel is awful, and never should have been signed.
Chiefs trade up to draft a franchise QB?? That'll be the day!

And who says they won't have the #1 pick again next year?
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #2418
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Chiefs trade up to draft a franchise QB?? That'll be the day!

And who says they won't have the #1 pick again next year?
Well, it's what they should do. They're not going to be relevant with Alex Smith unless they are basically the best everywhere else.

Unfortunately for them, getting rid of Crennel probably wins 1-2 more games for them. Would be surprised if they're picking #1 again anytime soon.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #2419
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Well, it's what they should do. They're not going to be relevant with Alex Smith unless they are basically the best everywhere else.

Unfortunately for them, getting rid of Crennel probably wins 1-2 more games for them. Would be surprised if they're picking #1 again anytime soon.
This just doesn't seem like the year to do get a QB.

I'm okay with Alex Smith for now because he's the best possible option, but I expect us to draft a guy to replace him in the future.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #2420
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

How bad do the chefs suck, well look at their timing when it comes to drafting a QB:

2014 projected mock draft: http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

and we know what happened in 2012.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #2421
Rolandftw

Quote:
This just doesn't seem like the year to do get a QB.

I'm okay with Alex Smith for now because he's the best possible option, but I expect us to draft a guy to replace him in the future.
The problem is, you guys are unlikely to draft anyone to replace him, at least this year. I agree that they shouldn't have spent the #1 pick on Geno, but to make Chase Daniel the likely backup seems to be a big middle finger to those that have been championing KC to draft a QB high for years. I find it very hard to believe that Chase Daniel has a higher ceiling, or even more immediate value then the top 5 QB's in this years class.

Guess Smith was your best option this year, but longterm KC would have been a lot better off taking a gamble in the draft.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #2422
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
How bad do the chefs suck, well look at their timing when it comes to drafting a QB:

They DO have us losing to the Seattle Seahawks, in the 2014 Super Bowl. That is SOMEWHAT positive...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #2423
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

You think Johnny Football is going to be a franchise QB?

That guy is so overrated. He's barely 6 feet tall and scrawnier than Brodie Croyle.

Plus he has attitude problems and he's an a-hole.

Teddy Bridgewater looks awesome though if he can build. He seems to be the only "franchise QB" prospect next year as of right now.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #2424
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You think Johnny Football is going to be a franchise QB?

That guy is so overrated. He's barely 6 feet tall and scrawnier than Brodie Croyle.

Plus he has attitude problems and he's an a-hole.

Teddy Bridgewater looks awesome though if he can build. He seems to be the only "franchise QB" prospect next year as of right now.
They are projecting 4 QBs taken in the top 10, that's the point. This year they are trying to justify 1 QB taken in the top 10. This year is not only weak at the QB position, it's extremely weak. It's almost a anomoly for how bad the QBs are, like once in 10 years bad.

Last year was a once and 10 years high, this year it's just the opposite. Congrats, loser.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #2425
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

The Chiefs will be bad enough in 2013 to have their shot at an excellent class of QBs coming out in 2014. I was really hoping they would blow it and draft one of the turds this year.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote