The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #26
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I am an engineer with a large telecom company and basically do glorified tech support.

Get used to people lying. And update your resume frequently.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #27
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Don't try to invent some plausible story about how something became stuck in your rectum. We have heard it all before, and don't believe you anyway.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #28
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Don't waste your time shopping around for the best cruise/vacation price. They are all going to be the same everywhere (including any internet site). Instead shop around for the smartest travel agency. It will be harder because most are very stupid, but once you find a smart one you'll get the same or better rate and you can thank me over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
underrated29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #29
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Auto Broker:

A CARFAX isn't the end all be all. Accident listed? A bad car fax can be something as simple as a 5mph parking lot crunch, where they replaced a bumper cover. Conversely, not everything gets reported to CARFAX, so check for things like: frame damage, painted areas, irregular tread wear on tires, etc. Services that have been performed don't always show up, so ask if there are any records. And don't just take "it's a clean CARFAX" to mean that it's all copacetic, because if it was wrecked, someone could have just simply not reported it, and gotten it fixed by a third party.

If you're searching for a used car, go with a reputable company. If you have any hesitations at all about the vehicle, ask to take it to a trusted mechanic.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #30
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Train your employees to have a cup of hot coffee on your desk within one minute of your arrival in the morning.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #31
kappys
Ring of Famer

It will be of little avail to the

Just because you can't remember your PCP or meth fueled rampage the rest of haven't forgotten.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #32
kappys
Ring of Famer

It will be of little avail to the

No one will believe you if you say you were minding your own business when 2 guys jumped you out of nowhere. Invent something funny, if we get a laugh out of it you'll get treated better
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #33
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Most people either right out of HS or college have the mentality they are going to go find a job and work for somebody else. Very few of us go the route of doing something where you can be self-employed. I would highly suggest at some point in your life, you give it a serious shot. It's scary as heck when you first try it. But you can't beat it. I've worked my ass off at companies only to have my job outsourced or the company sold itself and I was laid off. There is NOTHING better then being your own boss and having control over everything.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #34
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

plan your work and then work your plan.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #35
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Craft and stick to a schedule that fits all aspects of your life. Find out and come to terms with you being good or bad at handling multiple duties at once and or multitasking. Create a priority system. Work before play.

If you're in creative media, especially games or film, realize that the industry is largely about connections...in fact many industries are. Even dating the best friend of the daughter of an executive can lead to a job. Who you know is just as important as how good you are at your craft. Once you're in though, don't be cynical and remember that every friendship you make could pay dividends down the road. Don't be an a-hole if you're that kind of person. Only the people on top have the leverage to get away with it. The world is politics and favors those with foresight.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #36
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Craft and stick to a schedule that fits all aspects of your life. Find out and come to terms with you being good or bad at handling multiple duties at once and or multitasking. Create a priority system. Work before play.

If you're in creative media, especially games or film, realize that the industry is largely about connections...in fact many industries are. Even dating the best friend of the daughter of an executive can lead to a job. Who you know is just as important as how good you are at your craft. Once you're in though, don't be cynical and remember that every friendship you make could pay dividends down the road. Don't be an a-hole if you're that kind of person. Only the people on top have the leverage to get away with it. The world is politics and favors those with foresight.
Yep, its sadly all connections and being at the right place at the right time. If youre not a networker, good luck.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #37
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Don't ask fat women when they're due.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #38
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

i before e except after c
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #39
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Don't eat yellow snow.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #40
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Most people either right out of HS or college have the mentality they are going to go find a job and work for somebody else. Very few of us go the route of doing something where you can be self-employed. I would highly suggest at some point in your life, you give it a serious shot. It's scary as heck when you first try it. But you can't beat it. I've worked my ass off at companies only to have my job outsourced or the company sold itself and I was laid off. There is NOTHING better then being your own boss and having control over everything.
And what is your self employment good sir?
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #41
DenverDynamite

In the United States airing films during the daytime hours with graphic violence is preferable to ones that might have a brief shot of pubic hair.

---broadcasting
Old 03-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #42
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

If a door opens up seriously consider walking thourgh it. You probably won't get to the corner office this way (if that was your goal) but your career and life will be a lot more interesting.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #43
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
I work at a hotel on the las vegas strip. Just make sure your guests are always happy. They will b**** a lot but do what you have to do to make sure that they come back and dont stay somewhere else on their next visit.
I had a bad experience at your hotel, I think I should be given a 3 nights stay in an upgraded room to make up for my horrible time!!!!

what hotel do you work at, PM me!
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #44
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

All bleeding stops eventually.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #45
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

spit dont swallow
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #46
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Don't read and post on the mane while driving

(10 year) UPS Driver
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #47
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

If you find yourself in a dicey situation some night with cops around, resist the temptation to explain things. In fact speak as little as possible ... short answers to direct questions only.

Never ever allow a cop into your home ... ever. Speak through a closed door when possible. Don't worry, you won't hurt his feelings.

Traffic ... Driving on an expired driver license is a fix-it ticket, driving on a suspended license is a CRIME. Try to remember the difference.

Parking tickets cite cars, not people ... they're "in rem" actions. There will never be a warrant issued for too many parking tickets, and your license will never lose points or be suspended. Car might get towed or cost hundreds to re-register, but you'll be fine.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #48
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Local TV news is less about news, more about manipulating your time. Producers and their rundowns are more preoccupied with dragging your eyeballs across the finish line into the next segment than they are with providing information.

Stories are teased and bumpered so much within a newscast, often the total time of a story's teases exceeds the story itself.

It's true that "Lives of the Neilsen Families" is the highest rated TV show ever, but don't knock yourself out looking it up, it would bore you.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #49
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

1-Work the hardest at figuring out how not to work hard.
2-"Buy Land, they aren't making any more of it." -Twain
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #50
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Im a graphic designer. When Im designing a badass wedding invitation, they usually ask "Do you have any suggestions?" I want to say "Don't get married" but instead I just tell them to use purple ink.
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote