The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #1251
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
i was praying he would fall to me with my 5th... ahh well plan b
He would have been my draft pick had it not been for a gay rule change. I guess I will take my full draft time to make my next two picks
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #1252
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Really happy to get Gooden. He's been my top rated player available since about halfway through the 3rd Round. I had him with a 2nd round grade.

The Bengals will plug him in at WILL, Burfict will switch to MIKE, Ogletree will start at SAM, and Maualuga will provide depth and fetch the productive LBs high quality H2O. Gooden and Ogletree will give the Bengals two of the more dynamic nickel LBs in the entire NFL as well, both having excellent athleticism and understanding of coverage concepts, being former safeties.

What was arguably the team's biggest weakness entering the offseason is now a position of strength for the foreseeable future. Couple that with one of the NFL's youngest and most dominating D-lines, and a talented secondary, and this is one of the most complete defenses in the NFL.
Good job on the trade up. I thought maybe you would have not been interested after Rey got signed for two more years, but I can't argue against the value. He was my top rated guy too and has been for a while. I think he will be a 2C/3A selection in the draft, but could go around the area Lavonte David did last year if a team falls in love with him.

That is a pretty interesting LB corps and with Gooden being added, it definitely changes up how I would have done things. Regardless, there are a bunch of ways those guys can get on the field and it definitely helps improve an area with the Bengals that they struggled in last year -- which was pass coverage from their LBs.

What do you have left for picks then? Three sevenths? Camp fodder, camp fodder!

(1) Ogletree, (2A|B) Hopkins & Cyprien (3) Bernard and (4) Gooden. WET DREAM.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #1253
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Good job on the trade up. I thought maybe you would have not been interested after Rey got signed for two more years, but I can't argue against the value. He was my top rated guy too and has been for a while. I think he will be a 2C/3A selection in the draft, but could go around the area Lavonte David did last year if a team falls in love with him.

That is a pretty interesting LB corps and with Gooden being added, it definitely changes up how I would have done things. Regardless, there are a bunch of ways those guys can get on the field and it definitely helps improve an area with the Bengals that they struggled in last year -- which was pass coverage from their LBs.

What do you have left for picks then? Three sevenths? Camp fodder, camp fodder!

(1) Ogletree, (2A|B) Hopkins & Cyprien (3) Bernard and (4) Gooden. WET DREAM.

The Bengals can only hope for a draft this pretty. But yeah, three 7th's. I plan on keeping those and just have some fun picking players, but if someone drops that I really value at a position we need some depth at, I'll see what can be done. Figure no matter what, I'm definitely out of the 5th Round though, so I'll reaccess the prospects remaining around the start of the 6th.

There are some great values out there still though, this is a really deep draft. Gooden was the only guy I was willing to give up my 5th and 6th for.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #1254
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I like DUI's pick of Kwame Geathers here. The 49ers desperately needed a NT, I'm not sure anyone is buying the rumors that Dorsey will start there. I can see him playing on passing downs. But, Geathers gives them a nice 1-2 punch with second year man Ian Williams, whom was mostly dealing with a college injury last season.

Not the best available player, but this is about the draft range, late 4-5th round that I expect him to go in. He's a behemoth, and those are rare in and of themselves, and fills possibly the biggest team need for the 49ers.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #1255
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He would have been my draft pick had it not been for a gay rule change. I guess I will take my full draft time to make my next two picks
lol, what rule change? Trading of compensatory selections?

I love that rule!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #1256
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I just wish this would get moving.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #1257
Bmore Manning

Brandon Jenkins ran a 5.0 40yard dash at his pro day.. That's not good..
Old 03-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #1258
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Damn it, Your plan B was my plan A. Great pick of Jelani Jenkins. I was hoping he would fall to me top of the 5th.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #1259
BroncosfanGuy

fantastic pick by jebures, imo. He's the guy I had lined up for Buffalo's next pick, but I assumed he'd be taken here within the next 10 picks. I think Stills is going to be a good slot WR and fills a bit of the big void left behind by Harvin. nicely done.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #1260
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Brandon Jenkins ran a 5.0 40yard dash at his pro day.. That's not good..
wut? My draft pick? You are thinking of the wrong Jenkins. The one I drafted played at Florida and ran any a 4.5 or 4.7 depending on the report you read.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #1261
Bmore Manning

Quote:
wut? My draft pick? You are thinking of the wrong Jenkins. The one I drafted played at Florida and ran any a 4.5 or 4.7 depending on the report you read.
No, not Jelani, Brandon Jenkins.. my draft pick. And I almost took Jelani because he's physical enough for a 3-4, but I traded down. Not knocking your pick.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #1262
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
No, not Jelani, Brandon Jenkins.. my draft pick. And I almost took Jelani because he's physical enough for a 3-4, but I traded down. Not knocking your pick.
Oh OK ha ha. I wanted Brandon thank the lord you drafted him My Jenkins comes with his own problems He was the number one OLB coming out of HS by both scout and rivals, means squat if you are hurt though.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #1263
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Jenkins selection was decent. Good player, I do like him in a 43 much better than a 34. Seems to be knicked up quite a bit. He's not my favorite LB remaining, but I think the draft value was about right. He was on my list for Round 5 to consider if I wasn't able to get Gooden.

If the guy could have stayed healthy this year and had he remained for his Senior year, while producing like he did as a redshirt fresh and Soph, he had the potential to go much higher next draft.

As it is, it's an upside selection at solid draft value.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #1264
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Really liked the Kenny Stills selection, was my #2 rated player remaining. Like his toughness, his swagger, his elite speed, and his hands. I think he has a good chance to go in the mid-late 3rd Round. A steal at this point to me.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #1265
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Really liked the Kenny Stills selection, was my #2 rated player remaining. Like his toughness, his swagger, his elite speed, and his hands. I think he has a good chance to go in the mid-late 3rd Round. A steal at this point to me.
gracias
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #1266
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I got Ryan Broyles in the 6th round last year... I love me some Oklahoma WR's
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #1267
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

DUI loading up on the OTs. Williams has some talent. I have him pegged as a 5th Round guy, so the value was about right. The labrum tear is a little concerning, sometimes the college guys get hurt, have a surgery, and then reinjure the same thing in camp because the surgery wasn't performed perfectly.

If I'm drafting Williams, I'm planning on stashing on IR for this season, but he does have some excellent upside for down the road.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #1268
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I planned on grabbing him. I thought no way Minny grabs him before me. Whoops.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #1269
Shananahan

Quote:
Really happy to get Gooden. He's been my top rated player available since about halfway through the 3rd Round. I had him with a 2nd round grade.

The Bengals will plug him in at WILL, Burfict will switch to MIKE, Ogletree will start at SAM, and Maualuga will provide depth and fetch the productive LBs high quality H2O. Gooden and Ogletree will give the Bengals two of the more dynamic nickel LBs in the entire NFL as well, both having excellent athleticism and understanding of coverage concepts, being former safeties.
I'm a Mizzou fan, and he's a great pick where you got him. However, I couldn't help but notice this part of your writeup:
Quote:
And as a three year starter in the SEC, after having moved to LB from Safety, he's won numerous SEC recognition awards over the years.
Missouri joined the SEC last year...
Old 03-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #1270
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I'm a Mizzou fan, and he's a great pick where you got him. However, I couldn't help but notice this part of your writeup:

Missouri joined the SEC last year...
Whoops. Only had three minutes to get the write up done after the trade before someone could leap me. Had the Combine and Senior Bowl info handy, did a Google search for any awards, saw some SEC and Butkus Watch mentions, and threw them in real quick. Completely slipped my mind that Missouri was in the Big 12 in 2011. Also missed that he was a Team Captain last year as well.

I'll edit in some awards and Bio info now that I have some time. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #1271
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I planned on grabbing him. I thought no way Minny grabs him before me. Whoops.
He's done that twice now then. Montori Hughes was the original target in the late 4th, but he snagged him the pick before SF was up.

Jebures is crafty. Watch out for him. He has a mole inside the 49ers organization.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #1272
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

So isn't this the second time ColoradoBuff missed the full 12 hour time?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #1273
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Yes... yes it is....

Last edited by BowlenBall; 03-20-2013 at 08:50 AM..
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #1274
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I think his turns have been coming up at night. He must go to sleep early and get up late.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #1275
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Someone pick for him as was done for me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: