The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #51
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Typical desk job.

It's obvious it has more cons than pros, I was just seeing if it had not turned out poorly for anyone.

We shall see how things progress.
Honestly man, I'd steer clear of that. It almost never ends the way one of you wants, and then you've got to see them at work. Woof.

But do what you're gonna. There's also the chance that if she's interested as well, you could discuss one of you moving on to make it a bit more palatable.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #52
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Within a department, or in a smaller company, probably not a good idea. In a larger company, particularly if you're in different departments, probably fine.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #53
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Yolo
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #54
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Within a department, or in a smaller company, probably not a good idea. In a larger company, particularly if you're in different departments, probably fine.
Exactly. It's just like living in a small town. If everybody in the town knows about it, it's probably not a good idea...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #55
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Dammit req
Old 03-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #56
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Grudge f#%k becomes next level awesome at work.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #57
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Don't **** where you eat.
This is good advice, the corrolary to this is that it is perfectly to fine to **** where other people eat, seriously do it at Mcdonalds, on your neighbors dining table and definitely do it on the counter in the lunch room at work - just remember to eat at your desk from then on.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #58
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

What I don't understand is the highest (or used to be) percentage of meeting your spouse is through work. Pretty sure that means people started at the very lease casual dating then.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #59
Evenrude
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I met my wife through work almost 20 years ago... 3 kids and 17 years of marriage later I would say it worked well. It was not a long term job though... I was managing a restaurant, on hiatus from school while I tried to get my stuff together. She was a waitress working an after school job.

If there is an obvious chemistry... or you think she might be "the one" the I say go for it. If it's just a **** buddy then your probably better off going elsewhere IMO.
Evenrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #60
glennst
Rookie

A few thoughts
  • Don't ask for relationship advice. You should be able to make up your own mind about this kind of thing. You know what will make you happy; go for that.
  • If you are going to ask for advice, an internet forum is probably the worst place to do it. How can you trust some anonymous text that claims to be the voice of experience. Half of these "players" are probably unemployed, fat guys who have never touched a woman. The other half are bitter about their own failed/miserable relationships and are happy to feed you bad advice.
  • I met my wife at work. We even shared the same office and worked together for a few years. We have been married 6 years and are very happy.
  • It does not matter WHERE you meet someone, only WHO they are.
glennst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #61
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

It's a bad idea. You might have some good experiences or stories sprinkled in but it's going to end up in dramatic bull**** at some point.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #62
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
It's a bad idea. You might have some good experiences or stories sprinkled in but it's going to end up in dramatic bull**** at some point.
This was one of my experiences over the summer. It was fun for a few months, but when drunk girls start puking spaghetti and meatballs in your back yard and you are having to hold their hair back. . . it gets old in a hurry.

I guess McDMan you have to do what you want. If you think she is worth pursuing go for it. Make the first move. If she says no, who the **** cares? You got your answer and deal with it. You never know if you don't try.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #63
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

It's only worth it if she's the cleaning lady.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #64
B-Large

I met my wife at work, together 7 years.

Prior to that, I dated a few girls from work, never got sexually involved unless I thought it was going somewhere. There were no dirty look from having a nice dinner, seeing a movie then simply moving on...

Its was hard, I work at a place that is 85% women, most 23-35, Nurses.. so much young trim around here it was hard to resist trying to become a serial thumper... but like someone else said, don't **** where you eat.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #65
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I understand that this is a question about a relationship and not about getting your dick wet. No one can or should tell you what decisions to make at this point in your life. You know the risks and need to decide for yourself wether the potential rewards are worth it.

Its like all relationships - there are pitfalls and mines scattered throughout it. The thing to remember is that dating a girl at work can have a bigger explosion than dating one outside of work.

If you can keep your head, be vigilant of signs of possessiveness/psychoness, and have a good running communication with her about the potential problems that can arise at work, then you've done your best to minimize the pitfalls. Worst case scenario, you break up and need to find a new job. Best case scenario you're still together when you die.

My parents met at work and are still together after 35 years. My wife and I currently work together (not the same). It can be done successfully.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #66
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I met my wonderful wife at work and I certainly felt more comfortable with that option verses meeting a woman at a bar or dating service.

Later we stated our own business and we have been married for 36 years and are still business partners, so yes it can workout just fine.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #67
DENVERDUI55

I think you should just bang her and get over it. Down the road you both will probably change jobs and you will wish you did. As long as your upfront about your intentions it won't get wierd. From your posts you want to bang her and it sounds like it will happen regardless of whether it's a good idea or not. The only way I wouldn't do it is if either one of you are married.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #68
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennst View Post
A few thoughts
  • Don't ask for relationship advice. You should be able to make up your own mind about this kind of thing. You know what will make you happy; go for that.
  • If you are going to ask for advice, an internet forum is probably the worst place to do it. How can you trust some anonymous text that claims to be the voice of experience. Half of these "players" are probably unemployed, fat guys who have never touched a woman. The other half are bitter about their own failed/miserable relationships and are happy to feed you bad advice.
  • I met my wife at work. We even shared the same office and worked together for a few years. We have been married 6 years and are very happy.
Solid advice. My girlfriend and I are in our ninth year of living together (we're in the not married since there are no kids but we might as well be married category) after dating for two years before that.

** She was my boss when we met and started dating. **

As you say, it was WHO we are and not the where or what that brought us together - we both knew that we were sincerely looking for someone long-term and not just a casual good time. That made it possible for the relationship to work.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #69
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I say NEVER **** where you eat.

But definitely try to plow every female within 26 square cubicles of your desk.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #70
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Met my wife at work. We now have out first child on the way. If I works great but if it doesn't it could get ugly.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #71
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
A typical desk job is a great place to put your typical penis inside her typical vagina.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #72
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
A few thoughts
Hey! I work at three jobs; and I'm just big-boned!

I met my wife at work and we've been married for seven years - eight in May - and we have three kids. I've met a number of girlfriends in the past through workplace relationships. Some ended awkwardly, others just ended. There are a lot of variables that factor in, so a blanket response of what to do is pretty much invalid. At the most, you may just want to read everyone's anectdotes and learn through other peoples experiences, but you're still going to be the best judge of what to do.
huh?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #73
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
A few thoughts
Meh. I was bored and it has been a good discussion. There has actually been quite a few good points too.

Probably won't try and ask her out. If we all go out as a group and end up hooking up. Cool.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #74
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
A typical desk job is a great place to put your typical penis inside her typical vagina.
My stedding penis is anything but typical.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #75
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I've never seen a relationship at work that didn't end with one of the parties leaving the company.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote