The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #26
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Lmfao. The drunk who made more stupid passes in his career than Tim Tebow or Jake Plummer could ever dream of and who hasn't done anything but luck into Peyton Manning is the "smartest guy in the room"?

Hilarious.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #27
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTensi13 View Post
Ravens are lucky to break .500 this year considering the way their defense has been gutted.
The only problem with that statement is that the Ravens didn't win on the road to the Superbowl because of their defense. We all know that first hand.

I don't think they're necessarily a favorite to win this next year, but I'm not going to underestimate them either.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #28
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Lmfao. The drunk who made more stupid passes in his career than Tim Tebow or Jake Plummer could ever dream of and who hasn't done anything but luck into Peyton Manning is the "smartest guy in the room"?

Hilarious.
That was an easy enough ban. I don't mind "enemy combatants," but this is just unproductive trolling. Get lost.

You want to talk some football, let's talk some football. Tell me about mistakes Elway has made. But this isn't talking football. This is diarrhea of the keyboard. And I'm pepto bismol.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #29
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
That was an easy enough ban. I don't mind "enemy combatants," but this is just unproductive trolling. Get lost.

You want to talk some football, let's talk some football. Tell me about mistakes Elway has made. But this isn't talking football. This is diarrhea of the keyboard. And I'm pepto bismol.
Amen.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #30
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I dunno ... he was loyal and re-signed here despite the fact his 3-4 blowup could've made him one of the highest paid FAs ever. We return that loyalty by publicly demanding a cut, Elway sniping at the guy?

I think Elvis is a stone-cold goner, and we better sign somebody.
I'd rather pass on Freeny and Abraham and just draft a DE in the first 3 rounds to add to the rotation.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:28 AM   #31
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The only problem with that statement is that the Ravens didn't win on the road to the Superbowl because of their defense. We all know that first hand.

I don't think they're necessarily a favorite to win this next year, but I'm not going to underestimate them either.
Apparently you missed the Patriots game.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #32
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:

Pretty sure you just banned Marty Shottenheimer.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:26 AM   #33
ol#7

Quote:

Its like Chritmas came early, first Lonestar, now this!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:27 AM   #34
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

But some guys on the Mane told me Belichick prevented Dooms agent from getting the fax off on time at knife point so he could sign him? This can't be!
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:28 AM   #35
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
I don't blame Elvis in the least. Get that money. You've got two Superbowl caliber teams bidding on you. Take the highest offer - just like anyone else would do.
TJ...on what planet is Balt a SB team...
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:29 AM   #36
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

If the Ravens are the other team involved, Doom probably isn't going to break the bank on this. It wouldn't surprise me if he's looking at a one year deal so he can hit FA on day one next season.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #37
LittleFloyd
Seasoned Veteran

Kick a$$ runner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
What is plan B
Don't forget about Jeremy Beal.
LittleFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #38
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #39
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
If the Ravens are the other team involved, Doom probably isn't going to break the bank on this. It wouldn't surprise me if he's looking at a one year deal so he can hit FA on day one next season.
I don't think we can afford him on a 1 yr deal. Best we can do is low-salary, big bonus, prorated over several years.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #40
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFloyd View Post
Don't forget about Jeremy Beal.
Who? That OU kid who never sees the field?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #41
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
If I made 39 million over the last two years.... and my choices are: make 5 million and stay in Denver... and lets say make 8 million and move to Baltimore - I'm staying in Denver.
Depends on how he has managed his money, heck he had to go to a Kinkos for Christ's sake.
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #42
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I don't think we can afford him on a 1 yr deal. Best we can do is low-salary, big bonus, prorated over several years.
Depends on what's being offered. The Ravens aren't exactly swimming in cash; they can't even keep their own players. He might not be able to do better than 1 year $5 million or something along those lines. It's more complicated on our end, though, because Doom had an agreement from the club to pay him $8 million this season. Would he be willing to take less now, even if it represented the best offer? I could see where the principle of the thing could lead him to accept a slightly lesser offer.

Anyway, I think something like this could get it done for us. 2 years, $15 million, $7 million signing bonus. First year base salary of $1 million + $7 million signing bonus= the $8 million figure Doom was supposed to get this year. The cap charge would be $4.5 million ($1 million base + $3.5 million half of the signing bonus). Added with the ~$4.8 million in dead money, his 2013 cap figure would be basically what it would have been had the paperwork been filed in time (~$9.3 million). In year two, he'd have a $10.5 cap figure ($7 million base + plus the remaing $3.5 million of the signing bonus). If that's too steep for Denver, Condon could put language in the contract stipulating that the base salary becomes guaranteed if he's on the roster the day before the start of FA. That'd leave Denver with a managable figure of $3.5 million in dead money, and Doom would be able to hit FA from day one next season. Or, of course, we could keep him.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 03-19-2013 at 07:18 AM..
Old 03-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #43
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Who knew Marty was holding on to so much white guilt?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #44
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Apparently you missed the Patriots game.
That defense made some very timely stops in the superbowl as well. Not to mention forcing the game winning interception against the Broncos.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #45
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

rule number one around here. NOBODY insults John Elway... EVER! seriously the man is like our team's messiah delivering us over and over and over from the clutches of defeat and josh mcdaniels.

I hope we get doom back though. He is a force when coming off the opposite edge of Von.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #46
TonyR
Franchise Poster

If this reported interest in Antwan Barnes is true, were the Broncos looking at him as a "replacement" for Doom?

https://mobile.twitter.com/RavensIns...76278954192896
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #47
Agamemnon

Quote:

Are you serious Taco? They don't even get to the Super Bowl if they don't shut down the Patriots offense the way they did. For that matter if they don't hold Manning an Co. to 21 points they don't get past Denver.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #48
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Correction: He has zero Super Bowl caliber teams bidding on him.
Im sure your team isn't.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #49
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
I don't blame Elvis in the least. Get that money. You've got two Superbowl caliber teams bidding on you. Take the highest offer - just like anyone else would do.
I'm with Pepto here.

There is such a finite window in which these guys can execute a money grab...they should jump at every chance they have.

Not only that, but Elvis did have what one would assume was a perfectly valid contract that the Donks also signed. They just got some buyer's remorse. This whole situation falls right on them.

Elway reneged on a square deal.

It's the way the NFL works, but that doesn't mean it's not bull****.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #50
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
I'm with Pepto here.

There is such a finite window in which these guys can execute a money grab...they should jump at every chance they have.

Not only that, but Elvis did have what one would assume was a perfectly valid contract that the Donks also signed. They just got some buyer's remorse. This whole situation falls right on them.

Elway reneged on a square deal.

It's the way the NFL works, but that doesn't mean it's not bull****.

Probably should get your half assed story straight. Elway wasn't even here when dumervils contract was made back then.