The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #26
yerner
Ring of Famer

welker.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #27
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I love AP...but, there wouldn't be enough carries for him in this offense.

He was the MVP last year.......becasue the Vikes suck!

I would taek J.J. Watt because I think he is the most dominant defensive player in the league right now.

JJ Watt
Willis
Revis
AP/Rice

For the 2013/14 Broncos my biggest concern is leadership. Manning provides it on offense from a top down approach. But, don't underestimate Stokely's contribution to our recieving crew or Kuper in the locker room. Not to mention a guy like Koppen on the line.

On defense...where's it at? I think Doom may have provided a spark, and Brooking really helped out from a leadership standpoint.

This team next to Manning, and somewhat Champ....is gravely deplete of leadership.

The Ravens were only average in my book...but, lewis and Reed lead them to a superbowl championship!!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #28
extralife
Ring of Famer

Revis

Don't want him in real life because of the contract, picks, etc. But if we're just plucking someone from a roster and dumping him into our fantasy Broncos, he's my guy.

Watt and AP are 2 and 3, in that order.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #29
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I love AP...but, there wouldn't be enough carries for him in this offense.

He was the MVP last year.......becasue the Vikes suck!

I would taek J.J. Watt because I think he is the most dominant defensive player in the league right now.

JJ Watt
Willis
Revis
AP/Rice

For the 2013/14 Broncos my biggest concern is leadership. Manning provides it on offense from a top down approach. But, don't underestimate Stokely's contribution to our recieving crew or Kuper in the locker room. Not to mention a guy like Koppen on the line.

On defense...where's it at? I think Doom may have provided a spark, and Brooking really helped out from a leadership standpoint.

This team next to Manning, and somewhat Champ....is gravely deplete of leadership.

The Ravens were only average in my book...but, lewis and Reed lead them to a superbowl championship!!

I see a lot of leadership potential in Woodyard. The team loves him and rallies around him both on and off the field (He also won the Darrent Williams award picked by local media).

Last year seemed to be a real coming out party for him as a playmaker, and I see him maturing in JDR's scheme.

He gets my vote for defensive leader along w/Champ.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #30
canadianbroncosfan

Terrell Pryor
Old 03-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #31
jerseyboiler120

Bob Kraft. Put him on special teams and have him run out of bounds every kick just to make sure he doesn't get hurt. Anyone who can pull of the tuck rule and spygate and still get 3 rings has got it on the nfl, not to mention enabling his DBs to rape the other teams receivers for over 10 years and to get flagged would solve all our secondary concerns. He could wear number 0, and have the name "hehateme" on his jersey.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #32
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

AP all day
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #33
jerseyboiler120

Second choice - ray Lewis. Make him announce his retirement right before the playoffs and the refs will give us every call and every non-call. We win.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #34
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
I see a lot of leadership potential in Woodyard. The team loves him and rallies around him both on and off the field (He also won the Darrent Williams award picked by local media).

Last year seemed to be a real coming out party for him as a playmaker, and I see him maturing in JDR's scheme.

He gets my vote for defensive leader along w/Champ.
speaking of Woodyard. you wanna know something real jacked up.
i have a co-worker who knows i'm a rabid Broncos fan and he casually brings up the fact that he and Wesley are friends and have been for years.

i asked him how the crap could he not tell me that considering i talk about the Broncos on a regular basis.
i was pissed.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #35
SlyEli

Why not pick a guy like luck? Manning only has a couple years left and you'd be set with a franchise qb for the next ten years. Any current stars like AP only have a few years left in their prime
Old 03-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #36
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Patrick Willis because we need a stud ILB.
Tempting, but with Willis you run smack into 'TheReverend Paradox."

TheReverend Paradox: (so named for TheReverend, who endlessly argues for another coverage LB, but never addresses the Paradox): Say the Broncos sign an every-down stud Mike LB. Now, who goes to the sidelines on passing downs? Not Wesley Woodyard, rated the best pass overage 4-3 LB in the league. And certainly not Von Miller, no explanation required. Might get 3 LB on the field in some nickel situations, but the reality is three every-down LBs doesn't fit, we're better off spending resources on a DT or Safety.

Obviously can't argue with Peterson or Watt, but that's too easy. Of course Watt. But I think we'd benefit most with an upgrade at safety, a young guy with Patrick Willis leadership. Ed Reed too old, Earl Thomas not a leader. My choice would be a 1982 Dennis Smith, 91 Steve Atwater, or a young Ed Reed or John Lynch.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #37
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
Why not pick a guy like luck? Manning only has a couple years left and you'd be set with a franchise qb for the next ten years. Any current stars like AP only have a few years left in their prime
The problem with that suggestion is that the OP asked us to add a player to our CURRENT roster. Unless you are wanting to dump Manning now, quarterbacks shouldn't be part of the conversation...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #38
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Patrick Willis. dude would solve just about all issues on the D.
Hear, hear.

Him or Darelle Revis.

Edit - throw in JJ Watt, too.

Last edited by Swedish Extrovert; 03-19-2013 at 12:12 AM..
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #39
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

JJ Watt or a healthy Suggs
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #40
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Jared Allen 69
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #41
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Since this is the Orangemane, You were the Broncos GM and you were able to pick any 1 player on any team to put the Broncos over the top and win a superbowl, Who would you pick and why.

Forget how long said player might be under contract or how much he costs. Is there 1 player that would win us a Superbowl if he was a Bronco, with our current roster.

I will go first. Without a doubt this guy would do it. He can run like no other RB in football. He is a threat everytime he touches the ball. He can block okay, catch passes and makes a ton out of nothing.

Yes, Adrian Peterson would be that player.
Jay Cutler
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #42
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

TheReverend Paradox: (so named for TheReverend, who endlessly argues for another coverage LB, but never addresses the Paradox): Say the Broncos sign an every-down stud Mike LB. Now, who goes to the sidelines on passing downs? Not Wesley Woodyard, rated the best pass overage 4-3 LB in the league. And certainly not Von Miller, no explanation required. Might get 3 LB on the field in some nickel situations, but the reality is three every-down LBs doesn't fit, we're better off spending resources on a DT or Safety.

Obviously can't argue with Peterson or Watt, but that's too easy. Of course Watt. But I think we'd benefit most with an upgrade at safety, a young guy with Patrick Willis leadership. Ed Reed too old, Earl Thomas not a leader. My choice would be a 1982 Dennis Smith, 91 Steve Atwater, or a young Ed Reed or John Lynch.
You're aware that on passing downs Von becomes a DE, right?

In the nickel our LB's are Woodyard + A.N Other. Last year that other guy was a mix of Mays/Brooking/Trevathan/DJ. That's the spot that Willis would take, he'd play every single doand wouldn't take a single snap from Von or WW.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #43
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Adrian Peterson. The NFL MVP who had 2100 yards last season and has always been amazing. Any other choice is just trying to be cute.

My Cute Choice is a recently announced retirement Ray Lewis.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #44
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
You're aware that on passing downs Von becomes a DE, right?
Knew he lined up there, didn't think of him as a DE. I'm not saying 3 every-down LBs can't be done, it's just a poor utilization of resources. Safety, DT, even CB are more needy. I think safety is a big glaring hole right now.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #45
B-Large

CJ Spiller-

Less miles than Peterson, catch catch out of the backfield, he's shifty, quick, fast, gritty... if the BIlls are too retarded to get CJ the ball more, I would love to see what he can do behind our O-line, with Manning, Welker, Thomas and Decker all to give him room to run... I think he'd be unstoppable.... frankly, I think he'd be sick.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #46
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

1. JJ Watt
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Patrick Willis
4. Patrick Peterson
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #47
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

I've explained this to your stupid ass 1000 times but apparently you still don't understand...

In DENVER'S nickel packages, Von becomes a pass rusher. We still have Von AND Wesley on the field AS WELL AS Trevathan (this past season).

Also, you're an annoying douche bag and you look like the elephant boy.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #48
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I am the elephant boy, dumass.

Still don't get your attitude ... I've seen you go postal on other guys, but I thought we co-existed okay, you always seemed bemused at my ramblings. But here, you really lost control on this issue, Rev ... all I said was I didn't want to see Miller or WW coming off the field no matter who we signed. You spun that into ten kinds of angry, none of which had any nexus to me.

At least when Popps or Alec start grinding away, there's some thread you can trace, maybe get an inkling how the angry started. You though, you called me a "small child in an ugly old body" because I supposedly didn't know Von rushed the QB. Whatever.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #49
NickStixx

Adrian Peterson and it's a done deal.

After him I'd go:
Patrick Willis
JJ Watt
Gronk
Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #50
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
1. JJ Watt
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Patrick Willis
4. Patrick Peterson
Those last two are just on there because you share a first name with them. We all know you don't really care for either.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote