The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #1201
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
10. Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU
55. John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
70. Justin Pugh, G/OT, Syracuse
85. Brian Winters, G/OT, Kent State
97. Shawn Williams, S, Georgia

I liked my draft better before the Levitre signing, but still think I got 3-4 starters out of it.
Werner's stock is kind of up in the air. We'll see where he ends up going. For now, I think it's decent value, but I expect Tennessee to pass on him in the real draft.

Jenkins I absolutely love. I think he's a 1st round guy, so that looks like a steal to me. I do like him in a 34 more than a 43, but he can play both.

Pugh and Winters are rock solid selection values. You didn't know you'd be signing Levitre. And even having done so, you still needed a quality interior swing man.

Also think Shawn Williams was great value. I could see him going as early as the late 2nd round, but more likely in the 3rd.

B+ for me. Just not sure about Werner.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #1202
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
MUG, make some more moves for the Bengals and show these guys how a flawless draft works.
You've already done a flawless draft. Only thing I can do is muck it up. I'll try to keep it to a minimum though.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #1203
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
Very happy with how our draft has unfolded thus far. Majority of these guys were targets for us from the get go.

12: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
I LOVE Cooper. Wanted him in this spot and was glad he was there
42: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
I also Really like Wheaton. Maybe a bit early, but before the Mike Wallace signing the phins had NO ONE
54: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
A guy that seems to be moving up draft boards as of late. Big athletic WR
76: Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
One of targets when SSJ and I first talked. Doesn't block very well, but a good receiving TE
77: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
Again got pretty lucky that he was still there. We were happy with either Slay or Wilson being there(another guy we targeted from the start)
82: Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn
Just a guy that can get to the QB. Like him a LOT for where we got him.

SO, what do you think?
Still ahead a COMP 4th and a 7th
Pretty solid draft. Cooper is a great prospect, always tough to take an OG that early though. I agree Wheaton went a bit early, I think he's probably a 3rd round guy. Justin Hunter though has a strong chance to go late first. So, that was stellar. Escobar and Wilson were rock solid value. I don't think either were steals at that draft spot, that seems about right to me. Lemonier I really like and think he was extremely good value at that point.

I'd probably give it a solid B. I'm not sure Miami is good enough to have the luxury to take an OG that early, especially since Incognito played extremely well last year and Jerry is roughly average. I think Wheaton was probably a full round reach. Other than those nitpicks, a really strong draft.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #1204
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Philadelphia is going to a 3-4 or 4-3 under. There's a lot of speculation about what they are trying to do. They start by drafting three versatile defenders.

1-04 (04): Philadelphia (Arkie)- Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon
Athlete that can rush or drop back and cover all the bigger faster TEs becoming more popular

2-03 (35): Philadelphia (Arkie)- Matt Elam, SS, Florida
Ferocious hard hitting safety that can blitz and play the run, but also has the awareness to play deep and read the QB. The Eagles have been looking for a safety since Brian Dawkins left.

3-05 (67): Philadelphia (Arkie)- Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
Big, strong and agile lineman that can play anywhere from nose to 5 tech

4-04 (101): Philadelphia (Arkie)- Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
Tyler is a tough gunslinger, a great football player

Pretty good draft in terms of value. Maybe Williams went a little bit earlier than he likely will, but I think the 3rd Round is right. Wilson probably went later than he likely will, not sure about his fit in this system though. Matt Scott would have been better to me. Philly has been all over him in real life as well.

Still, for draft value, I'd give it an A.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #1205
Conklin
Ring of Famer

**** it, I'll take a beating about mine again. I'm drunk and need a good laugh:

1.1. Luke Joeckel
1.19. Sheldon Richardson
3.74. Darius Slay
3.96. Vance McDonald

Last edited by Conklin; 03-16-2013 at 08:19 PM..
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #1206
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebures View Post
When this mock is over, I will make my excel spreadsheet of 1050 players with size, hts, and wts plus last season's stats available to all who wants it. Many of them will have their rivals or "Phil Steele" recruiting ranks as well.
Sweet -- I'll definitely want a look at what you're doing. I migrated to the Google Docs spreadsheet for this year (easier to make tweaks from home or work), so I can probably send you the link for mine once we're done as well.

I hadn't thought of including the recruiting rankings as well -- always interesting to see how highly regarded the kids were coming out of high school....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #1207
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Philadelphia is going to a 3-4 or 4-3 under. There's a lot of speculation about what they are trying to do. They start by drafting three versatile defenders.

1-04 (04): Philadelphia (Arkie)- Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon
Athlete that can rush or drop back and cover all the bigger faster TEs becoming more popular

2-03 (35): Philadelphia (Arkie)- Matt Elam, SS, Florida
Ferocious hard hitting safety that can blitz and play the run, but also has the awareness to play deep and read the QB. The Eagles have been looking for a safety since Brian Dawkins left.

3-05 (67): Philadelphia (Arkie)- Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
Big, strong and agile lineman that can play anywhere from nose to 5 tech

4-04 (101): Philadelphia (Arkie)- Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
Tyler is a tough gunslinger, a great football player
I'm loving your entire draft so far -- I've already told you how much I like Williams as a prospect, and adding Jordan, Elam, and Williams to each level of the Eagles defense would be a pretty amazing upgrade.

Your 4th round selection is also very solid -- picking up Wilson in the 4th round is great value, and he's got a real chance to stick in the league for several years.

You, sir, get an A- (would have been higher, but I think you could have waited another round to pick a safety just as good as Elam).
Old 03-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #1208
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
10. Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU
55. John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
70. Justin Pugh, G/OT, Syracuse
85. Brian Winters, G/OT, Kent State
97. Shawn Williams, S, Georgia

I liked my draft better before the Levitre signing, but still think I got 3-4 starters out of it.
A solid draft -- all five of your players will play several years in the league IMO. However, I don't see any pro bowl potential on this list (with the possible exception of Williams on special teams) -- they're all just solid, good character, workmanlike players who have high floors but low ceilings.

A B+ so far, with a chance to get into the A range when all is said and done.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #1209
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conklin View Post

1.1. Luke Joeckel -- the chalk pick, but kudos for not getting cute here
1.19. Sheldon Richardson -- love the player, nice pick
3.74. Darius Slay -- yuck
3.96. Vance McDonald -- very nice pick, I would have taken him in the middle of the 4th if he'd continued to drop
3 hits and a miss -- you're batting .750 right now.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #1210
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
Very happy with how our draft has unfolded thus far. Majority of these guys were targets for us from the get go.

12: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
I LOVE Cooper. Wanted him in this spot and was glad he was there
42: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
I also Really like Wheaton. Maybe a bit early, but before the Mike Wallace signing the phins had NO ONE
54: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
A guy that seems to be moving up draft boards as of late. Big athletic WR
76: Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
One of targets when SSJ and I first talked. Doesn't block very well, but a good receiving TE
77: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
Again got pretty lucky that he was still there. We were happy with either Slay or Wilson being there(another guy we targeted from the start)
82: Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn
Just a guy that can get to the QB. Like him a LOT for where we got him.

SO, what do you think?
Still ahead a COMP 4th and a 7th
12: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina: Wonderful selection, possibly my favorite player in the draft

42: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State: He'll be a good player, but I didn't like the value of the pick -- there are still a number of receivers on the board in the 5th round who I like more than Wheaton.

54: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee: Hunter on the other hand -- yes. He has pro-bowl caliber potential.

76: Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State: Love him -- is rated higher than Ertz on my board.

77: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut: Very solid pick -- I actually like Gratz more than him, but I think both of them have a future in the league.

82: Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn: Sigh... how the hell did you get this kind of talent at the back half of the 3rd round?

With the possible exception of Wheaton, you're dominating right now.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #1211
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conklin View Post

1.1. Luke Joeckel
1.19. Sheldon Richardson
3.74. Darius Slay
3.96. Vance McDonald
I love this draft, I think it's arguably amongst the very best. Joeckel went where he will likely go. Richardson went around his value point, possibly a little later (and I really prefer him in a one gap 5 tech role). Slay was a steal and probably went a half-full round later than he will. Same thing with McDonald, whom looks like the TE with the highest upside after Eiffert.

I probably would have docked you a grade for trading up in this very deep draft, which seems counterproductive overall, but I think you nailed the selection with Richardson, and you got steals in the 3rd, which you easily could have taken in the 2nd.

A+ for me.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 AM   #1212
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I love this draft, I think it's arguably amongst the very best. Joeckel went where he will likely go. Richardson went around his value point, possibly a little later (and I really prefer him in a one gap 5 tech role). Slay was a steal and probably went a half-full round later than he will. Same thing with McDonald, whom looks like the TE with the highest upside after Eiffert.

I probably would have docked you a grade for trading up in this very deep draft, which seems counterproductive overall, but I think you nailed the selection with Richardson, and you got steals in the 3rd, which you easily could have taken in the 2nd.

A+ for me.
Can't agree on Slay, personally -- a one-year starter who also doesn't tick all the measurables boxes (aside from his height and his 40 time). Plus, his neck is too long.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #1213
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Can't agree on Slay, personally -- a one-year starter who also doesn't tick all the measurables boxes (aside from his height and his 40 time). Plus, his neck is too long.

lol, he does have a Merton Hanks neck. I'm only really trying to evaluate based on perceived draft value. I usually am fairly unique with the prospects I actually like, I figure those opinions would just enrage people.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #1214
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:

A+ for me.
I knew trading up as many times as I did was risky with this being a middle heavy draft, but I really wanted an impact DL player. Moving up again in the 3rd to get Slay was just because I had him ranked significantly higher than Wilson and didn't want to take the chance (which was a correct hunch) that he'd be drafted by Miami.
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #1215
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
lol, he does have a Merton Hanks neck. I'm only really trying to evaluate based on perceived draft value. I usually am fairly unique with the prospects I actually like, I figure those opinions would just enrage people.
The bobblehead company has design footage from Merton hanks turkey neck celebrations.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #1216
Drunken.Broncoholic

My EJ Manuel rising prediction is starting to take shape. Dude may get into the 1st round even. Buffalo needs to take this guy. If they were smart and SF agreed to a trade it would make perfect sense for buffalo to trade number 8 and 136 for SF 31 34 61. SF would get an impact player by taking advantage of all their picks, while buffalo trades down to a spot where EJ can be taken
Old 03-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #1217
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Be on the lookout for the Comp picks getting assigned over the next three days. Once they are announced, the next drafter is OTC!
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #1218
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

I will be looking, All ready to pick
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #1219
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

i already traded mine away....
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #1220
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

NFL | To announce compensatory picks Monday
Mon, 18 Mar 2013 07:55:11 -0700

The NFL is expected to announce 2013 compensatory draft picks Monday, March 18.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #1221
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

WowowowowOWoW. That is today!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #1222
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

woohoo!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #1223
MrPeepers
Ring of Famer

Remember Darrent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TBD

NY Jets Picks to this point

1-09 (09): NY Jets (MrPeepers)- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee (supplement injured Santonio Holmes.)

2-08 (39): NY Jets (MrPeepers)- Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A &M (To be used as OLB)

3-10 (72): NY Jets (MrPeepers)- Shamarko Thomas, SS, Syracuse (Safety position pretty thin right now, Landry expected to move)

4-09 (106): NY Jets (MrPeepers)- Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M (If this guy can stay healthy, will be a solid NFL back, shonn greene likely gone)
MrPeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #1224
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

1-23 (23): Atlanta (ludo21)- Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
2-30 (60): Atlanta (ludo22)- Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
3-30 (92): Atlanta (ludo21)- Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA

Decent hall so far. Now that they have SJax I may have gone a different route, but all in all I love all my picks.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #1225
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Hmmmm.....don't see it announced anywhere yet.....
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: