The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #1176
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

#30 WR Terence Williams Baylor 6-2 208 4.52
#52 WLB Khaseem Greene 6’1 241 4.71fficeffice" />
#83 QB Mike Glennon 6’7 224 4.94
#102 DE Mallicaih Goodman 6’4 273 4.69
#120 SLB/ILB Jonathan Bostic 6’1 245 4.61
#127 DT Montori Hughes 6’4 329 5.23

I think I got good value with everyone except for Terrence Williams, he will pry go mid 2nd...but I like the way he blocks (important with AP) and he does great with the ball in the air and on deep routes. Should fit nicely with Greg Jennings
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #1177
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Since we've got a few days to cool our heels, let's evaluate each other's picks thus far. (constructive & destructive criticism equally welcome)

Pittsburgh's draft -- hot or not?

1-15 (15): Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia (excellent value)
2-18 (48): Barrett Jones, OC/OG/OT, Alabama (about right)
4-15 (112): Earl Wolff, S, NC State (maybe a bit early, excellent combine tho)
4-17 (115): Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse (rediculous value, I considered him in round 3 but chose glennon over him)
4-29 (126): Alvin Bailey, OG/OT, Arkansas (u stole him right in front of me
pretty good
Old 03-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #1178
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebures View Post
#52 WLB Khaseem Greene 61 241 4.71fficeffice" />
#83 QB Mike Glennon 67 224 4.94
#102 DE Mallicaih Goodman 64 273 4.69
#120 SLB/ILB Jonathan Bostic 61 245 4.61
#127 DT Montori Hughes 64 329 5.23

I think I got good value with everyone except for Terrence Williams, he will pry go mid 2nd...but I like the way he blocks (important with AP) and he does great with the ball in the air and on deep routes. Should fit nicely with Greg Jennings
I normally like your picks in the OM mock drafts, jebures -- but I've got to be honest, NONE of your guys were targets for me in this year's draft. If the Broncos pulled the trigger on any of these guys in 2013, I'd be mighty disappointed.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, though -- if I'm wrong, feel free to bump this post and make me eat crow in the future!

Last edited by BowlenBall; 03-16-2013 at 09:48 AM..
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #1179
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I normally like your picks in the OM mock drafts, jebures -- but I've got to be honest, NONE of your guys were targets for me in this year's draft. If the Broncos pulled the trigger on any of these guys in 2013, I'd be mighty disappointed.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, though -- if I'm wrong, feel free to bump this post and make me eat crow in the future!
noted
Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #1180
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:

I like his Glennon pick--but I like most of the QB picks this draft. They seemed to fall for some reason. MN probably needs someone other than Cassell behind Ponder should Ponder not be the guy
Old 03-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #1181
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Rex Ryan was at Clemson's pro day to specifically see goodman, i doubt they send the HC unless they plan on spending a 2nd rounder on a guy
Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #1182
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

1-07 (07): Arizona (TheReverend)- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

-Big shot at going #1 over all, and nearly no chance of landing him at #7 in real life. Fills an immense need for the Cardinals

2-06 (38): Arizona (TheReverend)- Matt Barkley, QB, USC

-Way too much value to pass up. Cardinals have gushed about Barkley since the combine and USC has delayed their proday so he can participate healthy. When he does, his stock will skyrocket and potentially be selected at 7 overall, come April.

3-07 (69): Arizona (TheReverend)- Robert Alford, CB, SELU

-Love this guy. Big risk reward at the top of the third, but I had to have him. I think he's got a great shot at being a probowl starter on the outside. His game has everything, just needs to work on consistency making the tackle.

4-06 (103): Arizona (TheReverend)- David Bakhtiari, OT, Colorado

-I think he's a great prospect that will be kicked inside to OG at the professional level and be an extremely competent starter. Fringe 2nd rounder come April, imo.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #1183
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rams started with a trade:

Rams gave up pick 22 in the first round, their third rounder and sixth rounder.

Rams received from the Chiefs their second round pick at 34, their third round pick at 63, their fourth round pick at 99 and their sixth rounder.

So far, the Rams have:

16. DJ Fluker, RT
34. Jamar Taylor, FS
46. Robert Woods, WR
63. Dallas Thomas, LG
99. Travis Kelce, TE
113. Sean Porter, LB

Three picks left to go and no comps.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #1184
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

-Big shot at going #1 over all, and nearly no chance of landing him at #7 in real life. Fills an immense need for the Cardinals

-Way too much value to pass up. Cardinals have gushed about Barkley since the combine and USC has delayed their proday so he can participate healthy. When he does, his stock will skyrocket and potentially be selected at 7 overall, come April.

-Love this guy. Big risk reward at the top of the third, but I had to have him. I think he's got a great shot at being a probowl starter on the outside. His game has everything, just needs to work on consistency making the tackle.

-I think he's a great prospect that will be kicked inside to OG at the professional level and be an extremely competent starter. Fringe 2nd rounder come April, imo.
I'll give you a solid B+ so far.

Eric Fisher -- a no-brainer. But you don't get any extra credit for shooting fish in a barrel here.

Matt Barkley -- you just lost some of the good will from the Fisher pick. USC quarterbacks are always, always, always, always over-rated. (just like ALL Notre Dame players are).

Robert Alford -- damn you, Rev. Just when I think you don't know what you're doing, you go and take one of my guys. Love this pick with a passion.

David Bakhtiari -- I'm up in the air on this pick. I love his production throughout his college career, but he's missing that... je ne sais quoi whenever I see him play. I can go either way on this pick, but wouldn't have pulled the trigger until the 5th personally.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #1185
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post

Rams received from the Chiefs their second round pick at 34, their third round pick at 63, their fourth round pick at 99 and their sixth rounder.

So far, the Rams have:

16. DJ Fluker, RT
34. Jamar Taylor, FS
46. Robert Woods, WR
63. Dallas Thomas, LG
99. Travis Kelce, TE
113. Sean Porter, LB

Just a killer, killer first four selections -- thank God you completely blew it with Kelce and Porter!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #1186
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Just a killer, killer first four selections -- thank God you completely blew it with Kelce and Porter!
I don't know about "completely blew it." I figure once the fourth round starts the odds are against you finding starters. That's when you start taking gambles on players who might surprise you down the line. That was a good point to take a gamble on Kelce and I've seen people putting Porter as high as the second round.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #1187
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
I don't know about "completely blew it." I figure once the fourth round starts the odds are against you finding starters. That's when you start taking gambles on players who might surprise you down the line. That was a good point to take a gamble on Kelce and I've seen people putting Porter as high as the second round.

Just trying to stir things up... don't take it too personally

Honestly, I thought your first four picks were as good as you could have possibly done in those slots... and then your last two were completely meh. I think you need to have EITHER special production or special measurables (preferably both) to be taken in the first four rounds, and neither Kelce nor Porter displayed that for me.

Again, that's what makes the mock so fun -- bookmark this discussion and remind me of it if I'm wrong!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #1188
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

When this mock is over, I will make my excel spreadsheet of 1050 players with size, hts, and wts plus last season's stats available to all who wants it. Many of them will have their rivals or "Phil Steele" recruiting ranks as well.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #1189
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Oakland Raiders:

1st Round: Shariff Floyd DT
2nd Round: Traded by oakland for carson freekin palmer
3rd Round: Terron Armstead OT
4th Round: Cornelius Washington DE

I never knew how important a 2nd round pick was until this draft, Man did I miss out on a ton of great prospects... I personally hate everyone of you that not only had a 2nd round pick, but multiple picks

I think I have gone very safe in this draft. Oakland has more holes on their team than a dance club in Thailand on payday. Like many on here, I always feel the best way to get back on top is from the trenches and this draft so far has not been any different so far.

3 picks, 3 starters no doubt. Looks like I might have 2 6th round compensatory picks as well as my other picks still to go... I think I might be able to get atleast 1, maybe 2 more starters for the raiders.

Comments?
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #1190
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

10. Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU
55. John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
70. Justin Pugh, G/OT, Syracuse
85. Brian Winters, G/OT, Kent State
97. Shawn Williams, S, Georgia

I liked my draft better before the Levitre signing, but still think I got 3-4 starters out of it.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #1191
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I'll give you a solid B+ so far.

Eric Fisher -- a no-brainer. But you don't get any extra credit for shooting fish in a barrel here.

Matt Barkley -- you just lost some of the good will from the Fisher pick. USC quarterbacks are always, always, always, always over-rated. (just like ALL Notre Dame players are).

Robert Alford -- damn you, Rev. Just when I think you don't know what you're doing, you go and take one of my guys. Love this pick with a passion.

David Bakhtiari -- I'm up in the air on this pick. I love his production throughout his college career, but he's missing that... je ne sais quoi whenever I see him play. I can go either way on this pick, but wouldn't have pulled the trigger until the 5th personally.
Fully wrong
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #1192
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

MUG, make some more moves for the Bengals and show these guys how a flawless draft works.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #1193
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Since we've got a few days to cool our heels, let's evaluate each other's picks thus far. (constructive & destructive criticism equally welcome)

Pittsburgh's draft -- hot or not?

1-15 (15): Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
2-18 (48): Barrett Jones, OC/OG/OT, Alabama
4-15 (112): Earl Wolff, S, NC State
4-17 (115): Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
4-29 (126): Alvin Bailey, OG/OT, Arkansas

Jones was great value.

I'm not overly high on Barrett translating to the NFL as a dominant prospect. I buy into the theory that he's too unathletic for OC and not powerful enough for OG. I think he goes in the 3rd - 4th round area. His lis franc is concerning too. So, I thought this was a little early for him.

Wolff in the mid-4th is probably his earlier range. Good productive and athletic player. I liked some of the other Safeties remaining a bit more. There's definitely some upside potential though.

Nassib was a massive value.

Already talked about Bailey, thought that was a really strong selection.

3 good, two kind of meh, I'd give it a solid B right now.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #1194
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Good idea, BB.

Bills:
1.8 Ziggy Ansah OLB/DE, BYU
1.29 Geno Smith QB, WVU
3.07 Da'Rick Rogers WR, Tenn Tech U

Boom or bust draft, which wasn't my initial intention. But I think from a talent standpoint it's an upgrade at each position. I feel like I came out of the 1st 4 rounds with 3 guys who can start right out of the gate.
  • Ansah can play 3-4 rush OLB or line up as a DE in an even front and replaces Mark Anderson opposite Mario Williams.
  • Geno Smith replaces Fitzpatrick. Traded 2nd rounder and 4th rounder to Pats to move up to get him. I think Smith will end up going higher in April because he's a QB, but I think his value is right around the 20s and 30s.
  • Rogers replaces Donald Jones opposite Stevie Johnson. I debated between the WR from MArshall and Rogers. If I could do that pick over again, I'd probably take the Marshall WR over Rogers based on Roger's character concerns.

Pass? Fail? Meh?

Very strong draft largely because of your first two selections. Ansah was taken at the correct value, Geno is probably going to be a big steal in the late 1st. Needs were solid as well. Rogers was solid value at that point. I agree with your boom or bust draft.

Still for perceived draft value (mine), I'd give it an A.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #1195
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebures View Post
#52 WLB Khaseem Greene 61 241 4.71fficeffice" />
#83 QB Mike Glennon 67 224 4.94
#102 DE Mallicaih Goodman 64 273 4.69
#120 SLB/ILB Jonathan Bostic 61 245 4.61
#127 DT Montori Hughes 64 329 5.23

Yeah, Terrance Williams looks like a full round early, but a month ago, he was in that late first discussion. I like Greene in the Mid-Late 2nd, so that's solid value. Glennon is probably a steal at that point. Goodman I'm not overly high on, I think there are still some DEs available that are better value. I have Goodman as a 5th Round value, we'll see what happens in the real thing. Really think Bostic is a huge steal, and I think Hughes was extremely good draft value as well.

3 good, 2 meh, I'd give it a B for draft value.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #1196
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Fisher was a home run.

Barkley appears to be great draft value to me, I don't really buy the "gamesmanship" talk that he should be a 3rd or 4th round guy. I'm not sure his arm is the best for Arians' vertical scheme, but maybe it people can get him to plant his feet when he throws, he'll develop better torque.

Alford in the 3rd looks fine to me. Explosive prospect, stock is soaring right now.

Bakhtari is another guy that is getting talked about quite a bit now. I think he makes a lot of sense as an OC if he could make the transition. He's got the strength and athleticism for a pulling OG, might need to add some bulk. Another very solid draft value pick.

A for me. Good mix between elite prospects and quality guys with significant upside.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #1197
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Philadelphia is going to a 3-4 or 4-3 under. There's a lot of speculation about what they are trying to do. They start by drafting three versatile defenders.

1-04 (04): Philadelphia (Arkie)-Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon
Athlete that can rush or drop back and cover all the bigger faster TEs becoming more popular

2-03 (35): Philadelphia (Arkie)-Matt Elam, SS, Florida
Ferocious hard hitting safety that can blitz and play the run, but also has the awareness to play deep and read the QB. The Eagles have been looking for a safety since Brian Dawkins left.

3-05 (67): Philadelphia (Arkie)-Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
Big, strong and agile lineman that can play anywhere from nose to 5 tech

4-04 (101): Philadelphia (Arkie)-Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
Tyler is a tough gunslinger, a great football player
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #1198
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Very happy with how our draft has unfolded thus far. Majority of these guys were targets for us from the get go.

12: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
I LOVE Cooper. Wanted him in this spot and was glad he was there
42: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
I also Really like Wheaton. Maybe a bit early, but before the Mike Wallace signing the phins had NO ONE
54: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
A guy that seems to be moving up draft boards as of late. Big athletic WR
76: Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
One of targets when SSJ and I first talked. Doesn't block very well, but a good receiving TE
77: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
Again got pretty lucky that he was still there. We were happy with either Slay or Wilson being there(another guy we targeted from the start)
82: Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn
Just a guy that can get to the QB. Like him a LOT for where we got him.

SO, what do you think?
Still ahead a COMP 4th and a 7th
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #1199
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:

So far, the Rams have:

16. DJ Fluker, RT
34. Jamar Taylor, FS
46. Robert Woods, WR
63. Dallas Thomas, LG
99. Travis Kelce, TE
113. Sean Porter, LB

Just got back from the new Wizard of Oz movie, was surprisingly good. Figure I'll finish up my thoughts on some of these drafts.

Pretty solid draft to me. I think Fluker, Taylor, and Thomas probably went a little bit earlier than they will likely go, but not by much. I really thought you had solid value on Woods, Kelce, and Porter. And the trade back in a deep draft was probably the smart thing to do.

I'd probably give it an A.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #1200
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Oakland Raiders:

1st Round: Shariff Floyd DT
2nd Round: Traded by oakland for carson freekin palmer
3rd Round: Terron Armstead OT
4th Round: Cornelius Washington DE

I never knew how important a 2nd round pick was until this draft, Man did I miss out on a ton of great prospects... I personally hate everyone of you that not only had a 2nd round pick, but multiple picks

I think I have gone very safe in this draft. Oakland has more holes on their team than a dance club in Thailand on payday. Like many on here, I always feel the best way to get back on top is from the trenches and this draft so far has not been any different so far.

3 picks, 3 starters no doubt. Looks like I might have 2 6th round compensatory picks as well as my other picks still to go... I think I might be able to get atleast 1, maybe 2 more starters for the raiders.

Comments?

I'm not as big on Floyd as a top tier selection as others. I like Lotulelei and Richardson better. The thing with the Raiders though is that they already have this identical player in Lamarr Houston. I probably would have looked at Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones, the SAM LB in Allen's defense is a really dyamic player, and Wheeler, arguably their best player last year, signed elsewhere. But in terms of draft value, Floyd is reportedly a Top 5 guy, so that was solid.

Armstead was phenominal value in the 3rd round. Washington is more of a workout warrior type, probably would have gone a different direction in the early 4th. I think he's a 5th-6th round guy.

Definitely have to find some CBs though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: