The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #1151
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
so are we paused?

and why did you go and take Kasa there, guy? Totally had my eyes on him in the early 5th. Nice pick.
I don't think so. Bmore made his pick at 11:30 this morning, Champ and Requiem have been on the clock all day. GoHam/Schaaf can start picking in two and a half hours though.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #1152
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

is this the 2nd time 24champ took the full 12 hours? grounds for a beatin'
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #1153
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Pick will be in soon. Me and Req were debating between 2 players.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #1154
Shananahan

Pretty good pick, dudes. I really almost grabbed him with my last pick despite taking Rambo earlier. Jefferson has some versatility that I think would suit Washington's secondary. Couldn't ignore the line any longer, though. Good value there.

edit: I mean, take my analysis/opinion for what it's worth, but I like him. I watch Oklahoma play out of pure hatred and begrudged respect for Stoops with the hope that they lose every game possible (I'm a Missouri fan). I don't have the time to analyize and develop the rankings and the boards that some here do, nor do I possess the eye for talent obvious in some of the other members here, but Jefferson is a guy I liked. In summary, I don't know **** about scouting but good pick.

Last edited by Shananahan; 03-14-2013 at 10:30 PM..
Old 03-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #1155
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I agree with Shananahan.

I had Jefferson as one of the Top 5 players left on my board. I think the fact he pulled his hammy on his 40 and hasn't been able to run has put him out of the public eye. He had a stellar season and is a good all-around safety. I think he'll be in the late 3rd-4th round mix once he gets healthy and works out. Rock solid draft value here late in the 4th.

As for Joseph Randle, I think it's around the right draft value for him. I like some of the other RBs remaining better, particularly for the Broncos, since his game is pretty similar to Hillman, but this was decent value and he's a quality player.

I'm just glad people are picking again! What a slow day.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:04 AM   #1156
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Really like the Alvin Bailey selection too. Had him at #9 on my remaining prospects list. I don't think he's gotten nearly enough hype for how good he can be. Probably because he's a Junior and because he's an OG. I think he has a good shot to go in the 3rd round, but will probably go early 4th. Excellent draft value here.

These recent selections have been quite good. You guys are definitely getting some of the best players remaining, and at likely great draft value.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #1157
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I was feeling sick yesterday after work and slept for like 4 hours until 24champ and I picked a player. Sorry!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #1158
Bmore Manning

Are fourth round comp picks going to be put up??
Old 03-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #1159
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

The owner's meeting is the 18th through the 20th. We are going to pause the draft until they are announced. We will have plenty of time to finish provided we keep the to the pace we have established.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #1160
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
The owner's meeting is the 18th through the 20th. We are going to pause the draft until they are announced. We will have plenty of time to finish provided we keep the to the pace we have established.
I'm confused, how did we know 3rd round compensatory pick order and not 4th round order..?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #1161
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

I looked at several projections for the 3rds and they all said those three teams would have them. I took a chance they would be right so as not to stall the draft so early.

If those three teams gained a third when they didn't actually get one, they got lucky. If a team got cheated out of a third, I will give them an extra 7th to make up for it.

The end.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #1162
Bmore Manning

There goes my NT prospect... That I was taking with my next pick..
Old 03-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #1163
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

none of my prospects off the board that i wanted in the 5th.... praying i dont jinx myself!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #1164
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Really like the Alvin Bailey selection too. Had him at #9 on my remaining prospects list. I don't think he's gotten nearly enough hype for how good he can be. Probably because he's a Junior and because he's an OG. I think he has a good shot to go in the 3rd round, but will probably go early 4th. Excellent draft value here.

These recent selections have been quite good. You guys are definitely getting some of the best players remaining, and at likely great draft value.
Thanks man, I appreciate the positive feedback. As with Barrett Jones, I felt that Bailey checked off all my personal K.P.I.'s for an offensive lineman:

A) starter since freshman year (45+ game starter over four seasons);

B) highest level of competition (SEC);

C) above-average measureables

Because he was an early entrant offensive lineman, I suspect that he's very underrated by the national media at this point. My guess is that he's no later than a 3rd rounder in April.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #1165
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
I looked at several projections for the 3rds and they all said those three teams would have them. I took a chance they would be right so as not to stall the draft so early.

If those three teams gained a third when they didn't actually get one, they got lucky. If a team got cheated out of a third, I will give them an extra 7th to make up for it.

The end.
The Lions have a comp 4th coming so I'm taking it
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #1166
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Thanks man, I appreciate the positive feedback. As with Barrett Jones, I felt that Bailey checked off all my personal K.P.I.'s for an offensive lineman:

A) starter since freshman year (45+ game starter over four seasons);

B) highest level of competition (SEC);

C) above-average measureables

Because he was an early entrant offensive lineman, I suspect that he's very underrated by the national media at this point. My guess is that he's no later than a 3rd rounder in April.
If I had to do it over again now that Backus retired I would have went Fisher first and Bailey with my 4th.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #1167
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
If I had to do it over again now that Backus retired I would have went Fisher first and Bailey with my 4th.
And, You lost Cherilus to INDY. Basically, DET has no Starting OT's on its roster....
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #1168
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
And, You lost Cherilus to INDY. Basically, DET has no Starting OT's on its roster....
I knew he was gone before then draft. I think he is done I can't believe Indy paid him that much with him going to Germany to have work done to his knee.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #1169
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Love the Montori Hughes selection. Had him at #5 on my top available. I'm going to have to make a new list already, the last few picks have pillaged my board. The collective knowledge on this site is great.

There's a little bit of risk with him, but he's very talented and has plus size. The 4th Round is where I see him going in this deep DT draft. Very good pick.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #1170
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Well...love the Matt Scott selection even more. What a perfect schematic fit, fills a dire team need at backup QB for four years, especially with how many hits Kaepernick takes. I had Scott as a Late 2nd - Early 3rd round value, so this was a steal to me, as all of the QBs have been in this draft.

I think Sirhycennek pinch hit a home run with this pick.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #1171
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Really like the Chris Harper pick, especially for Baltimore needing to replace Anquan Boldin. There's some good WR talent still available, but I thought this was a really strong selection based on what Harper brings to the table. There aren't a lot of prospects with his skillset and size. He's still pretty raw having been a QB even while at KSU, so he's made huge strides as a WR the last few years and with his athleticism, his upside is massive. I see a prototype #2 WR.

As for draft value, I think this is rock solid. His upside makes his draft value fluid, could go a lot higher. I think late 4th-5th round is about right. And the cool thing with this pick is that in real life Baltimore has been all over this guy.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #1172
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Since we've got a few days to cool our heels, let's evaluate each other's picks thus far. (constructive & destructive criticism equally welcome)

Pittsburgh's draft -- hot or not?

1-15 (15): Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
2-18 (48): Barrett Jones, OC/OG/OT, Alabama
4-15 (112): Earl Wolff, S, NC State
4-17 (115): Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
4-29 (126): Alvin Bailey, OG/OT, Arkansas
Old 03-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #1173
BroncosfanGuy

Good idea, BB.

Bills:
1.8 Ziggy Ansah OLB/DE, BYU
1.29 Geno Smith QB, WVU
3.07 Da'Rick Rogers WR, Tenn Tech U

Boom or bust draft, which wasn't my initial intention. But I think from a talent standpoint it's an upgrade at each position. I feel like I came out of the 1st 4 rounds with 3 guys who can start right out of the gate.
  • Ansah can play 3-4 rush OLB or line up as a DE in an even front and replaces Mark Anderson opposite Mario Williams.
  • Geno Smith replaces Fitzpatrick. Traded 2nd rounder and 4th rounder to Pats to move up to get him. I think Smith will end up going higher in April because he's a QB, but I think his value is right around the 20s and 30s.
  • Rogers replaces Donald Jones opposite Stevie Johnson. I debated between the WR from MArshall and Rogers. If I could do that pick over again, I'd probably take the Marshall WR over Rogers based on Roger's character concerns.

Pass? Fail? Meh?

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 03-16-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #1174
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Since we've got a few days to cool our heels, let's evaluate each other's picks thus far. (constructive & destructive criticism equally welcome)

Pittsburgh's draft -- hot or not?

1-15 (15): Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
2-18 (48): Barrett Jones, OC/OG/OT, Alabama
4-15 (112): Earl Wolff, S, NC State
4-17 (115): Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
4-29 (126): Alvin Bailey, OG/OT, Arkansas
Jarvis Jones, Nassib, and Bailey all looke likt very good values, imo. I think all 3 could go a lot higher in April--esp. Nassib. I hope the Stillers draft looks nothing like this because that's a solid haul through 4 rounds.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #1175
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Good idea, BB.

Bills:
1.8 Ziggy Ansah OLB/DE, BYU
1.29 Geno Smith QB, WVU
3.07 Da'Rick Rogers WR, Tenn Tech U

Boom or bust draft, which wasn't my initial intention. But I think from a talent standpoint it's an upgrade at each position. I feel like I came out of the 1st 4 rounds with 3 guys who can start right out of the gate.
  • Ansah can play 3-4 rush OLB or line up as a DE in an even front and replaces Mark Anderson opposite Mario Williams.
  • Geno Smith replaces Fitzpatrick. Traded 2nd rounder and 4th rounder to Pats to move up to get him. I think Smith will end up going higher in April because he's a QB, but I think his value is right around the 20s and 30s.
  • Rogers replaces Donald Jones opposite Stevie Johnson. I debated between the WR from MArshall and Rogers. If I could do that pick over again, I'd probably take the Marshall WR over Rogers based on Roger's character concerns.

Pass? Fail? Meh?
Both Ansah & Geno Smith should be great picks for Buffalo IF they're given a year of on-the-job training first. However, I think Smith in particular could be ruined (a la Blaine Gabbert) if he's thrown to the wolves too early in his career. I like his game a lot though -- he doesn't get enough credit for being a pinpoint-accurate passer and a leader of men.

Da'rick Rogers? Meh. I've got five receivers still on the board who are rated more highly than him -- he's a physical talent, for sure, but waaaaaaay too many red flags for my liking.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: