The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Default CPAC Craziness

Post the loony right comments here
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

"There are only two reasons to compile list of gun owners: to tax them or to take them."

"Why build a list of all the good people? As if that would somehow make us safer from violent criminals or homicidal maniacs! ... What's the point of registering lawful gun owners anyway?"

-National Rifle Association's Wayne LaPierre
Old 03-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

In response to questioning from Media Matters' Joe Strupp at a press conference, Cardenas said that despite Trump's history of racially inflammatory remarks and ongoing promotion of conspiracy theories about President Obama's birthplace, Trump had been invited to speak because "we can't have thirty people saying the same thing with the same backgrounds."

Cardenas praised Trump as "a billionaire who creates jobs" and is "not afraid to talk about the failures of the Obama administration." He said that Trump, who has spoken previously at CPAC, is "a persuasive speaker" who was brought "back by public demand" and that "the crowd here loves him."

Old 03-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Santorum accused the president of wanting to “close the deal” on a transformation of America 100 years in the making. He said Obama “wants to replace the ‘why’ of American Revolution for ‘why’ of French revolution –- a society that is Godless without faith,” that is “anti clerical, anti-God, where the government is the center, and they are the ones who care for us. This is President Obama’s New Deal.”
Old 03-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I was listening to a program on NPR about the Southern Sudan today. The average income there is $1 per day. The government wants to start an austerity program.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Santorum accused the president of wanting to “close the deal” on a transformation of America 100 years in the making. He said Obama “wants to replace the ‘why’ of American Revolution for ‘why’ of French revolution –- a society that is Godless without faith,” that is “anti clerical, anti-God, where the government is the center, and they are the ones who care for us. This is President Obama’s New Deal.”
ladies and gentleman, student of history, Mr. Rick Santorum.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Turd blossom taking on caribou barbie:

“I appreciate her encouragement that I’d go home to Texas and run for office,” he quipped.  “I would say this, though, I don’t think I’m a particularly good candidate, sort of a balding fat guy.  And second of all, I’d say if I did run for office and won, I’d serve out my term.  I wouldn’t leave office mid-Term.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Freeeeeedoooooom!!!

Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
El Minion
Ring of Famer

From Little Green Footballs:

Quote:
The session, entitled “Trump The Race Card: Are You Sick And Tired Of Being Called A Racist When You Know You’re Not One?” was led by K. Carl Smith, a black conservative who mostly urged attendees to deflect racism charges by calling themselves “Frederick Douglass Republicans.”

Disruptions began when he started accusing Democrats of still being the party of the Confederacy — a common talking point on the right.

“I don’t care how much the KKK improved,” he said. “I’m not going to join the KKK. The Democratic Party founded the KKK.”
Things got heated…

Quote:
Scott Terry of North Carolina, accompanied by a Confederate-flag-clad attendee, Matthew Heimbach, rose to say he took offense to the event’s take on slavery. (Heimbach founded the White Students Union at Towson University and is described as a “white nationalist” by the Southern Poverty Law Center.)

It seems to be that you’re reaching out to voters at the expense of young white Southern males,” Terry said, adding he “came to love my people and culture” who were “being systematically disenfranchised.”

Smith responded that Douglass forgave his slavemaster.

“For giving him shelter? And food?” Terry said

Scott Terry is owner of the website Shotgun Barrel Straight | Truth, Justice and Southern Fire. Here are some screen shots of his website.

More
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote