The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #76
Lolad
Ring of Famer
 
Fan

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,799

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

this thread is laughable.... now Doom is a run stopper?

Remember when Orton used to rack up his garbage stats at the end of games when it didn't matter?

Our great pass rusher Elvis Dumervil produced more than half his sack production with less than 2 minutes to play.

1.5 of his sacks were vs. Colt Mccoy in the browns game. Which we know was over in the 1st qt.

My only argument is he is not worth 12 million. Who seriously believes he deserves 12?
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #77
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
this thread is laughable.... now Doom is a run stopper?

Remember when Orton used to rack up his garbage stats at the end of games when it didn't matter?

Our great pass rusher Elvis Dumervil produced more than half his sack production with less than 2 minutes to play.

1.5 of his sacks were vs. Colt Mccoy in the browns game. Which we know was over in the 1st qt.

My only argument is he is not worth 12 million. Who seriously believes he deserves 12?
So now a sack can be meaningless after the 1st quarter??
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #78
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
My only argument is he is not worth 12 million. Who seriously believes he deserves 12?
He's not. And the Broncos clearly don't think so either. That said, I hope they figure out a way to keep him.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #79
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Connor Barwin is on our radar to replace Doom.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #80
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Connor Barwin is on our radar to replace Doom.
Reminds me of Howie long
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #81
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He's not. And the Broncos clearly don't think so either. That said, I hope they figure out a way to keep him.
No one is this year. The fact that many FA pass rushers haven't even been signed and Avril took a modest amount shows there's more supply than demand. Are teams waiting for dumervil to be released and avoiding the current FAs available? Or is the position just devalued after the new CBA
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #82
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Connor Barwin is on our radar to replace Doom.
Ugh. There's better out there than a 3 sack guy who's only produced one FF his entire career. Take dumervils FFs out and we lose a couple games. FFs are highly underrated on this site it seems
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #83
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Reminds me of Howie long
Not sure if you are serious but, Connor Barwin and Micheal Bennett would be the only two FA's that would ease the blow of losing Doom for me long term.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #84
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,154
Default

Love Doom but, he is not worth 12 million. I just wish he would notice he's on a SB contender. Maybe he's hurt beyond repair.

I wanted to see what Doom could be with better DT's in place before I could let him walk. I do think in 2 yrs we'll purge if Manning retires.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 03-14-2013 at 10:35 AM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #85
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Not sure if you are serious but, Connor Barwin and Micheal Bennett would be the only two FA's that would ease the blow of losing Doom for me long term.
Id much rather have Bennett. Even umenyiora
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #86
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,654

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
No one is this year. The fact that many FA pass rushers haven't even been signed and Avril took a modest amount shows there's more supply than demand. Are teams waiting for dumervil to be released and avoiding the current FAs available? Or is the position just devalued after the new CBA
Worth and what people are willing to pay go hand in hand, this is just how any market works. I can say I am worth 150k a year, but if no company is willing to pay me more than 80k a year...guess what I am worth? I don't even think it's a supply and demand situation to be honest. If Dumervil is as good as some think, then his demand would trump anything else right? Teams would have been beating our doors down for a trade. Instead, they are going to look for value...which is exactly what they will get if this doesn't get resolved by Saturday.

To your point though, the fact that the first couple pass rushers (and I know everyone hates comparing Kruger and Avril to the almighty Doom...so please save it) off the board took less than everyone, including them, expected says it all. Could be just the needs this year, but teams aren't overpaying for something like this right now. Avril took a modest amount because he bet on himself, and lost...so he took the best he could get. Don't think for a second the Dumervil camp didn't pay attention to that one while Elway swirled his scotch on the rocks and snickered.

I am sure there are in fact teams waiting to see what happens with Dumervil, but they won't likely pay more than what the market has already dictated. It just isn't smart business.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #87
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,654

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Id much rather have Bennett. Even umenyiora
I would love to get Osi here
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #88
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Love Doom but, he is not worth 12 million. I just wish he would notice he's on a SB contender. Maybe he's hurt beyond repair.
So long as they were willing to go up to 8 or 9 and Doom balked, I'll be disappointed but understanding. If they continually kicked him in the nuts with an offer of 6, they're flat out retarded, and deserving of every bit as much scorn as the Empire is getting over Welkah.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #89
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Ugh. There's better out there than a 3 sack guy who's only produced one FF his entire career. Take dumervils FFs out and we lose a couple games. FFs are highly underrated on this site it seems
He had 11.5 the year before with 12 TFLs. He also had 14 TFLs last year. Plus he knocks passes down at the line 14 over the last two years.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #90
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,154
Default

Freeney ugh
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #91
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Worth and what people are willing to pay go hand in hand, this is just how any market works. I can say I am worth 150k a year, but if no company is willing to pay me more than 80k a year...guess what I am worth? I don't even think it's a supply and demand situation to be honest. If Dumervil is as good as some think, then his demand would trump anything else right? Teams would have been beating our doors down for a trade. Instead, they are going to look for value...which is exactly what they will get if this doesn't get resolved by Saturday.

To your point though, the fact that the first couple pass rushers (and I know everyone hates comparing Kruger and Avril to the almighty Doom...so please save it) off the board took less than everyone, including them, expected says it all. Could be just the needs this year, but teams aren't overpaying for something like this right now. Avril took a modest amount because he bet on himself, and lost...so he took the best he could get. Don't think for a second the Dumervil camp didn't pay attention to that one while Elway swirled his scotch on the rocks and snickered.

I am sure there are in fact teams waiting to see what happens with Dumervil, but they won't likely pay more than what the market has already dictated. It just isn't smart business.

Great post
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #92
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
So long as they were willing to go up to 8 or 9 and Doom balked, I'll be disappointed but understanding. If they continually kicked him in the nuts with an offer of 6, they're flat out retarded, and deserving of every bit as much scorn as the Empire is getting over Welkah.
Agree but, imo its over now I think 6-7 is max for Doom to stay.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #93
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Reminds me of Howie long
....without the hall of fame career.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:34 AM   #94
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
So long as they were willing to go up to 8 or 9 and Doom balked, I'll be disappointed but understanding. If they continually kicked him in the nuts with an offer of 6, they're flat out retarded, and deserving of every bit as much scorn as the Empire is getting over Welkah.
Elway said it was a 35% cut. 35% of $12 million is $7.8 million. If that's the number, then that's very reasonable. He won't get much more than that on the open market. Maybe not even that much given the timing. Teams looking to spend big on pass rushers have already done so, and for less lucrative deals than were expected.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #95
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Elway said it was a 35% cut. 35% of $12 million is $7.8 million. If that's the number, then that's very reasonable. He won't get much more than that on the open market. Maybe not even that much given the timing. Teams looking to spend big on pass rushers have already done so, and for less lucrative deals than were expected.
Yup, Kizla reports this in the same article (linked below) where Elway says Doom's contract is "out of whack". Hopefully pride won't keep Doom from doing the smart thing here.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...icking-broncos
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #96
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Elway said it was a 35% cut. 35% of $12 million is $7.8 million. If that's the number, then that's very reasonable. He won't get much more than that on the open market. Maybe not even that much given the timing. Teams looking to spend big on pass rushers have already done so, and for less lucrative deals than were expected.
I hadn't heard the 35% thing before. I guess we'll see what shakes out today.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Denver Broncos