The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #101
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You know we just got DRC to help shore up the secondary and will likely draft a CB and or S right?

Studesbaker is hitting the bottom of the barrel.

Didn't Elway draft a Safety? How did that work out?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #102
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Didn't Elway draft a Safety? How did that work out?
How did it work out for you when kFc pulled off a trade for the QB Before Smith?

What makes you think this one will work out any better?

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #103
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
How did it work out for you when kFc pulled off a trade for the QB Before Smith?

What makes you think this one will work out any better?

You really just compared Cassel to Smith?

Smith is hands down better than that clown.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #104
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

You really need to watch some 49er games.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #105
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:

Matt Cassel threw for 300 or more yards 3 times in 15 games as a Patriot. Alex smith also threw for 300 or more yards three times...in 77 starts.

Not sure how you can think Smith is hands down better than Cassel.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #106
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Not bad. Fasano is a legit top 7 TE in the NFL as well.
Kinda like this avery guy.
You didn't watch one single dolphin game did you, because that's clear from this post.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #107
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:

Doesn't his record when they other team scores some points scare you? I heard he has only won 2 games when opposing offense scores 23 or more points? Thats pretty scary.

I love the move though because Charles is my RB. Seriously Smith with be handing off and dink and dunking all over the place to Charles. I think 2000 all purpose yards in store for him again. Hopefully more tds though. Like go ahead and score a ton vs chargers and raiders etc etc. !

The problem is even a good defense may have trouble keeping manning under 24 points. Well problem for Ried not us. Broncos have improved the oline, the WR and the back end of the defense. Chiefs are going down again they just won't hang with the Broncos.

more then just talent Cheifs have a new coach, with a new qb. It could take a season for them to catch Denver just in terms of routine.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #108
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:

Look at Smith's 1st 4 years before he had a team built around him and the best D in the league. Dude was one season away from being a bust. What makes you think he will be able to keep progressing with less receiving options and a terrible OL? Do you guys even have a C and RT yet?

Going to enjoy watching Smith throwing INTS to our Secondary the next couple years, that is if he can get it that deep, he might be throwing them to the DL with his limp arm.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #109
Drunken.Broncoholic

This is all you need to know about Alex smith.

Since KCdud hasn't watched many 49er games, here's a summary of why he lost his job.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...sCA_3CSbXREpiw

The saddest part about KCdud is the fact he has to sugarcoat other teams trash. It seems to be on par that KC gobbles up another teams back up trash at the QB position

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 03-14-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Old 04-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #110
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

More proof that kFc over paid for Bowe:

Bowe feels no pressure to prove he's worthy of the mega-contract because he's already one of the NFL's finest receivers -- at least in his own eyes.

"Personally, I feel like I'm top five, most definitely," Bowe said to The Kansas City Star on Monday. "My play shows it. Running (with) the ball, blocking, all the (qualities) of a wide receiver, I have. Whatever category people want to put me in, to me I'm always going to be No. 1 on this team, and that's all that matters."

Bowe has padded his numbers in garbage time over the past few seasons, but he deserves credit for producing as a bonafide No. 1 receiver despite erratic quarterback play.

Is he truly a top-five NFL receiver, though?

Respected NFL Films senior producer Greg Cosell rated Johnson, Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, the Carolina Panthers' Steve Smith and A.J. Green as the NFL's five best receivers entering the 2012 season. If Smith drops off that list as he approaches his mid-30s, Bowe hardly would be among the top candidates to replace him.

Next on my list would be Percy Harvin, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas and Vincent Jackson. It's fair to place Bowe in the third tier with Michael Crabtree, Roddy White, Reggie Wayne and the New York Giants' duo of Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz.
More here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-a-top-five-wr
Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #111
FearLanier

Quote:
More proof that kFc over paid for Bowe:

Bowe feels no pressure to prove he's worthy of the mega-contract because he's already one of the NFL's finest receivers -- at least in his own eyes.

"Personally, I feel like I'm top five, most definitely," Bowe said to The Kansas City Star on Monday. "My play shows it. Running (with) the ball, blocking, all the (qualities) of a wide receiver, I have. Whatever category people want to put me in, to me I'm always going to be No. 1 on this team, and that's all that matters."

Bowe has padded his numbers in garbage time over the past few seasons, but he deserves credit for producing as a bonafide No. 1 receiver despite erratic quarterback play.

Is he truly a top-five NFL receiver, though?

Respected NFL Films senior producer Greg Cosell rated Johnson, Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, the Carolina Panthers' Steve Smith and A.J. Green as the NFL's five best receivers entering the 2012 season. If Smith drops off that list as he approaches his mid-30s, Bowe hardly would be among the top candidates to replace him.

Next on my list would be Percy Harvin, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas and Vincent Jackson. It's fair to place Bowe in the third tier with Michael Crabtree, Roddy White, Reggie Wayne and the New York Giants' duo of Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz.
More here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-a-top-five-wr
Well worth overpaying for. He's been the constant on the offense for years.

He's basically getting the same amount of money as Vincent Jackson, which is about right.

The Dolphins are the one's who overpaid. They gave Mike Wallace $60 million. He's not worth that much IMO.