The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Ok what is your point? If Denver would have scored on that possession they would have won the game.

I never even hinted it was Manning's fault Rabb is the one saying that. I was just wondering if the cold weather affected Manning's arm>
I'm sure it affected every single player on the field. Cept trindon Holliday. He got tiger blood
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #27
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

I think this is an issue that is known. Beyond 25/30 yards his throws will be less accurate and he definitely threw some wobblers last season.

This is why Welker is so dangerous for us as an offensive weapon. We don't need a burner type WR, if we can slice and dice teams to death the windows will be there. I am not too worried.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #28
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Well that is fine but look at his argument. Manning never threw deep. Ravens started playing up close to the LOS.

The guy might have a point. It was frigging cold and maybe that affected his arm.

Manning's arm should be even better this year but maybe worth keeping an eye on how he plays in cold weather.
It wasn't just cold, it was bone-crunching cold. And, yes I think that had something to do with it.

That said, if it's just cold, I think Peyton is more than fine, every time.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #29
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Ok what is your point? If Denver would have scored on that possession they would have won the game.

I never even hinted it was Manning's fault Rabb is the one saying that. I was just wondering if the cold weather affected Manning's arm>
Trying to score and trying to run the clock out are two different things. Also Denver had 4 possessions after they scored a TD last of of which was the kneel down. So that article is WAY wrong.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #30
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

Trying to score and trying to run the clock out are two different things. Also Denver had 4 possessions after they scored a TD last of of which was the kneel down. So that article is WAY wrong.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #31
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
I think this is an issue that is known. Beyond 25/30 yards his throws will be less accurate and he definitely threw some wobblers last season.

This is why Welker is so dangerous for us as an offensive weapon. We don't need a burner type WR, if we can slice and dice teams to death the windows will be there. I am not too worried.
I think a whole another off-season of conditioning and training will more that rectify that.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #32
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:

other than, you know...me saying this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Not bagging on you OP...
I get the cold weather aspect and all of that, my point is the article tends to tie the arm strength view with us losing that game. I am merely saying, that is false.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #33
CEH
Ring of Famer

I'm curious why Manning is wearing a glove in Hawaii

Does he now like the glove or does it help him grip the ball better because of his neck issue
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #34
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I'm curious why Manning is wearing a glove in Hawaii

Does he now like the glove or does it help him grip the ball better because of his neck issue
He made some comment about how he likes it, if I recall. Gets a better grip or something.

Why the hell are we still worrying about his neck after we all just watched him put up an MVP season.

Why can't people just be content?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #35
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I wouldn't be surprised if the cold affected his play especially considering he couldn't hold a football 8 months prior to that game.

That being said, we just added another possession WR to get open AND the doctors say that he should only improve upon his health this coming year, with another year removed from the surgeries.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #36
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I think his arm was done at the end of that game, and was saying so out loud to people in the room. We were doing a lot more running then than I would have liked. I won't lie - it concerns me.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #37
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think his arm was done at the end of that game, and was saying so out loud to people in the room. We were doing a lot more running then than I would have liked. I won't lie - it concerns me.
Like -- he can't throw anymore?

You don't think he can?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #38
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
His arm should be stronger in 2013 and with Welker on the team those 5 yard passes will actually be AWESOME!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #39
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

Don't forget where the Super Bowl is this year...cold weather...yeah
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #40
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
Don't forget where the Super Bowl is this year...cold weather...yeah
He was perfectly fine in "cold weather" a couple of weeks before. That wasn't just "cold weather," that was BONE CHILLING cold and an epically long time to stand in it.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #41
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
He was perfectly fine in "cold weather" a couple of weeks before. That wasn't just "cold weather," that was BONE CHILLING cold and an epically long time to stand in it.
Denver vs Atlanta in the Superbowl
Old 03-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #42
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Shouldda done what I did and downed 4 or 5 Orange Thunders. Only downside.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #43
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
When you watch that game, there is no question that Manning wasn't right. I don't know what happened, but despite the stats Manning just wasn't himself. His ball placement wasn't very good (a few throws aside) and his balls clearly lacked the normal velocity he had shown throughout the season.

I think there is some concern here.
I'll agree with this. I would say it had way more to do with feeling in his hands then arm strength though. It was way cold and he lost all feeling but still managed to put up point and yards so I don't know that it is a huge concern.
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #44
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I think Manning screwed himself when he started worring about the temp a week or 2 before the season ended by playing with a glove.

He needs to play his game. He knows he can throw with a glove if he needs to. He either needs to wear a glove all the time or not play with it when it gets cold. Put a couple hand heater packets in his pockets and keep his hand warm all game. I would hope he has those air activated back warmers taped to his back and shoulder during cold games also.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #45
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think Manning screwed himself when he started worring about the temp a week or 2 before the season ended by playing with a glove.

He needs to play his game. He knows he can throw with a glove if he needs to. He either needs to wear a glove all the time or not play with it when it gets cold. Put a couple hand heater packets in his pockets and keep his hand warm all game. I would hope he has those air activated back warmers taped to his back and shoulder during cold games also.
It was just unfortunate that his first home playoff game had to be like that. Back in Jan. '06 when we played NE at home, it was probably 60 degrees that day. And the PIT game last January was crisp, but pretty tolerable. That was the coldest Broncos game I've ever seen by far.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #46
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Not bagging on you OP, but I love that he threw for almost 300 yards and 3 TDs, and despite a BS interception...still should have won that game. But yeah, let's look at his arm strength, had to be his arm strength.

The Ravens were being more brazen once they realized they could ****ing mug people and get away with it.
Exactly
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #47
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

It was the famous Costanza shrinkage factor that came into play on a cold day. Mannings's arm shrunk a good four inches or so, "turtled up" as it were, went to his forehead for storage and cerebral warmth. He knew what he wanted tio do with the ball, he just couldn't perform!

Flacco just had more to work with, even after shrinkage he was still a good two inches longer than Manning and could still throw the deep ball.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #48
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm not too concerned about his arm strength. But I do think the cold bothered him. He has said that one of the biggest problems with his recovery has been his grip and when it's that cold your grip is compromised all the more. Which is why he "practiced" playing with gloves in the second halfs for a few weeks leading up to the playoffs.
Manning is a f-ing headcase. Not saying I'm not, be he definitely is too.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #49
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
That was a good article. Dude said "not including the kneel downs". One for 8, not including the kneel downs.

And certainly there were some wobblers by Peyton, and certainly he didn't go downfield except the one time when Thomas was leg-whipped. Baltimore offered him the underneath and tackled really well, so the article was correct, there was no real challenge downfield in the passing game. Balt played cover one, cover two, kept everything underneath, tackled fast and swarmed.

And Denver got out-coached by Baltimore's Offense. Denver on D did everything different from the reg season when they whooped Baltimore. Champ in the slot? Really? Tony Carter playing LCB? What? Von Miller dropping into coverage instead of pressuring Flacco? Baltimore attacked the left side of the defense all day long and had great success, Denver's coaches never countered it. The infamous Rahim play, Champ was in the left slot, Tony Carter playing LCB covering the guy that ties the game and sends it into overtime. WTF? Tony Carter playing LCB instead of Champ?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #50
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Not bagging on you OP, but I love that he threw for almost 300 yards and 3 TDs, and despite a BS interception...still should have won that game. But yeah, let's look at his arm strength, had to be his arm strength.

The Ravens were being more brazen once they realized they could ****ing mug people and get away with it.
quality reply right there - rep
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote