The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #26
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I cannot wait until they are without Brady. This generation of Pats fans are the most egotistical and spoiled group of idiots on the planet. They either don't know of or are forgetting just how terrible they were for a while.

Last edited by Rabb; 03-14-2013 at 06:54 AM..
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #27
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #28
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I cannot wait until they are without Brady. This generation of Pats fans are the most egotistical and spoiled group of idiots on the planet. They either don't remember or are forgetting just how terrible they were for a while.
They can say what they want but they one thing they can't argue is that they are 0-2 in SBs since they were caught cheating.

I hear rumblings that Brady doesn't throw deep very well anymore. His arm has lost something. If that is true teams will start crowding the LOS more making it easier to take away the slot and TEs.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #29
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Yep. Gronk and Hernandez are made of china and can't get on the field together for more than a game or two at a time. The other WRs are underwhelming. Now he's replaced Welker with another guy who can't stay on the field (Amendola's missed 20 games the last two seasons). Belichick's hubris is going to bite him on the ass on this one.
Amendola has played in 65% of his games to Welker's 98% due to injury.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #30
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamChowdah View Post
I remember they said the same about Deion Branch when he was traded to Seattle.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...ghlight=branch
Old 03-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #31
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Yeah, cause belichick has never made a bad personnel decision before...I'd say poor clam, but it's just bob being a dick
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #32
lolcopter

Ban clamchowdah

Pats suck
Chiefs suck
Brady sucks
Old 03-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #33
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why?

We didn't want him we had an opportunity to match the 2 years/$12m, i trust Belichick he is the one who has taken us to 5 Super Bowls and *won 3 of them.

I'm not a fan who thinks i know more about football than a HOF coach.

10 years in a row of winning 10 or more games, i trust my coach!
There fixed... yup he won 3 of them, but after the spygate nothing was the same.

Sure... Welker was the lone reason you guys lost the superbowl. In both loses how much did you score? 14 and 17 points.. something like that? Belicheat was outwitted on both.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #34
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Yes they did he had just won a Super Bowl MVP, what would you know anyway about the Boston media 7 years ago?

Do you remember 7 year old articles from the Boston Herald?
I remember 7 years ago that the Globe and Herald were miffed... some pro-Branch some anti-Branch. As I recall, Branch was a hold out in 2006 into September and then was traded to Seattle... At that time, Brady hadn't restructured his own contract to keep Branch and Branch was under contract. Slightly different scenario. The reporters were not as irked as they currently are, though they did think it would be worse not to keep the super bowl MVP than to keep him.

Here, Welker wasn't a hold out, has been extremely healthy and is one of the reasons Brady restructured. This is the Pats essentially telling off their center-piece and thats what many Boston fans and sports media see. For us outsiders, it just appears to be the way that the Pats do business.

The biggest thing to note though, is that since the Branch trade, there hasn't been another Pats ring. I'm not claiming the Broncos were better... well we were the year Branch was traded, but probably not since. And Welker doesn't have a ring either... So don't get your tizzies in a panty.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #35
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Pat fans are true idiots, and delusional, if they seriously believe losing Welker is a great move and that he won't be missed in the least.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #36
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
There fixed... yup he won 3 of them, but after the spygate nothing was the same.

Sure... Welker was the lone reason you guys lost the superbowl. In both loses how much did you score? 14 and 17 points.. something like that? Belicheat was outwitted on both.
You know I think that secretly videoing teams practice could help your team win games they might not have won. CHEATERS
Old 03-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #37
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Wait until they find out what Belichick is like without Brady.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #38
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Wait until they find out what Belichick is like without Brady.
Cleveland Browns Circa 1993?
Old 03-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #39
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Well then Broncos fans are deluded because Peyton has a history of choking in the playoffs and playing awful in cold weather and you think he is suddenly going to change?
I just want to thank you for fulfilling my perception and confirming stereotypes of Boston sports fans.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #40
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

even peter king is pissed

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...?sct=uk_t11_a5
Old 03-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #41
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Honestly, I think what happened here is that Belichick is such an incredibly petty person that he wanted Welker gone because Wes made the comment about "...stick it in Bill's face..." last season. Yes, he is that petty.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #42
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Gotta agree with him.

Quote:
I'll ask the same question I asked about Anquan Boldin the other day: On what football planet are Boldin and Welker not worth $6 million a year to winning teams like Baltimore and New England?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #43
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Gotta agree with him.
yep...and in the same breath I feel the same way about Doom. Hopefully the Broncos are able to work somethng out.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #44
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
yep...and in the same breath I feel the same way about Doom. Hopefully the Broncos are able to work somethng out.
Except the Pats didn't have to eat $5 million bucks to watch Welker switch sides.

Hopefully they're just playing some negotiating hardball to get the best deal last minute.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #45
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Except the Pats didn't have to eat $5 million bucks to watch Welker switch sides.

Hopefully they're just playing some negotiating hardball to get the best deal last minute.
also, if it was the Pats, Doom would have been cut on Tuesday. At least the Ravens traded Boldin to a great situation and the Broncos have let Doom shop around.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #46
Bacchus

Not just leverage: Welker spurns Patriots, signs with Broncos

You have to admit, 'Wes Welker wings west' kind of has a ring to it. The Broncos are hoping it's a big shiny ring, and comes with a parade.

It's a hands-down, win-win for Denver. The Broncos get to add the game's best slot receiver to a receiving corps that already features the promising tandem of Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker, and it leaves the rival Patriots with some serious work to do in order to replace the NFL-record 110-plus balls that Welker caught in five of the past six seasons.

It's tempting to wonder if the balance of power in the AFC just shifted these past two days. Super Bowl champion Baltimore suffered multiple early losses in free agency, and now New England must deal with a major defection to its pace-setting offense. Both the Ravens and Patriots beat the Broncos last season, so the gap looks considerably narrowed from this vantage point.

But it's too soon to know how much ground Denver might have made up on its chief AFC rivals. Again, it's mid-March and the early days of free agency are no time to make final assessments. The Broncos, like the Ravens and Patriots, remain a work in progress. What their roster resembles in late summer and early fall is what really matters.

Still, stealing the first-down machine that is Welker from New England is a clear-cut coup for Manning, football czar John Elway and the rest of Denver's Super Bowl-dreaming Broncos. They got a bargain and a proven, record-setting playmaker, and left the Patriots with a void.

Welker may well be a "system'' receiver, but it's a system that works with him in it. And Denver and Manning will be wise enough to exploit it -- the same way Brady and the Patriots have the past six years. It'll be surprising if Welker is any less effective a weapon as a Bronco than he was in New England. He has merely changed sides in the best quarterback rivalry the NFL has ever known. Money aside, I suppose that makes him one of Wednesday's biggest winners.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #47
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Report: Wes Welker Was Unmoved by Call From Robert Kraft, Knew Patriots Already Had Deal With Danny Amendola

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/03/report-wes-w...anny-amendola/
Old 03-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #48
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
also, if it was the Pats, Doom would have been cut on Tuesday. At least the Ravens traded Boldin to a great situation and the Broncos have let Doom shop around.
Yeah, it's a pretty dick move if they do really wait that long and then unceremoniously chop him. Will be disappointing if we find out they drew a hard line on $6mil that whole time, and then held him hostage as long as they could.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #49
Bacchus

1) New England Patriots are the biggest losers

A source warned me before free agency that Wes Welker has felt disrespected for a few years in New England and "if team X offered him 100 bucks and the Patriots offered him 100 dollars, he would leave New England." I filed that away in the mental rolodex, but I never thought he would find a comparable offer to whatever the Pats gave him, nor did I think Welker could find a legendary quarterback equal to Tom Brady. Neither did the Patriots. They gambled and lost -- big time.

Losing Welker to Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos is akin to a kick to the groin. Replacing Welker with Danny Amendola is like swapping a Rolex for Casio watch.
It is a rare moment when you write the following: The New England Patriots totally botched this.

Our friend Tom Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England reported that a source close to Tom Brady was "beyond enraged" over the terms of Welker's deal. I would be livid if I was Brady, especially after signing a team-friendly extension.

I would also be livid that Welker has been replaced with the oft-injured Amendola. The former St. Louis Rams receiver was on my list of the riskiest free agents because he just can't stay healthy. Welker is a rock, missing a grand total of three games during his six-year tenure with the Pats. Welker is better and more reliable. Not to mention, he had a fantastic rapport with Brady.

This can't be overlooked. It will take time for that to develop between Brady and Amendola, assuming the latter can actually stay on the field. The Patriots foolishly gave Amendola a five-year, $31 million deal. Josh McDaniels had Amendola in St. Louis, and some around the league believe the offensive coordinator was a driving force here.

Anyone remember when McDaniels ran Denver into the ground?

Rest of article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ng-free-agency
Old 03-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #50
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Another great "Josh" move.