The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #26
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
take a chance on Lattimore in the 4th or 3rd round?
if it wasn't a win now situation in Denver i would agree, but regardless of how quickly that rehab is coming there is no guarantee he is ready when the season begins. need to go healthy with a RB pick.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #27
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
Top RB Deals of the 2013 Draft:

1) Stephon Jefferson - Nevada. #2 leading rusher in the nation. 24 TD's 1800+ rush yds
2) Kenjon Barner - Oregon. #4 overall rusher in the nation. Undersize, but looking great in combines
3) Jonathan Franklin - UCLA. 6.15 yds per rush. Impressive in combines and Senior Bowl
I wouldn't bet on any of those guys being able to make the immediate impact we need from a rookie RB. And really they are all too similar to Hillman if you ask me. Assuming Fox and Elway are confident Hillman can be their change-of-pace guy, they need a bigger back to compliment him and take the punishment inside.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #28
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache Glades View Post
How about our 2nd for Fred Jackson? Boom. Splash.

No.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #29
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

In the end, I think you draft Le'Veon Bell at the bottom of the 3rd round and try to pair him with Ronnie Hillman for a little bit of thunder and lighting.

Keep Moreno around as a receiving back and for depth.

I think you probably want to bring in one more veteran guy (Benson?) on a short term deal as well.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #30
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I still want Khaseem Greene
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #31
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
In the end, I think you draft Le'Veon Bell at the bottom of the 3rd round and try to pair him with Ronnie Hillman for a little bit of thunder and lighting.

I think you probably want to bring in one more veteran guy (Benson?) on a short term deal as well.
I think we need two new guys in the rotation, hoping Leveon plus one. It concerns me they signed Lance Ball though.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #32
Agamemnon

Quote:
Might as well just keep McGahee in that case.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #33
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Bell wont be there at the end of the third.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #34
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, that's a heavy dose of wishful thinking right there.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #35
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Might as well just keep McGahee in that case.
Not at three mil a year. I think Moreno probably sticks around though. MOre versatile.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #36
Agamemnon

Quote:
Not at three mil a year. I think Moreno probably sticks around though. MOre versatile.
Then see if he will will restructure. I mean if you want a veteran presence and some solid depth, he's a perfect fit. It's not like he's going to get very much money anywhere else.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #37
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Then see if he will will restructure. I mean if you want a veteran presence and some solid depth, he's a perfect fit. It's not like he's going to get very much money anywhere else.
I dont disagree. I just wont cry if he leaves.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #38
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
No RB in the first round when you have a bunch you u can get in the 2-4th round!
I don't think you have to worry about that. I've seen no back even close to the 1st round on most of the major mock drafts. Doesn't mean it won't happen but I doubt any back this year goes 1st round.

I also like the idea of moving back if we can arrange it. It's not like we are sitting in the middle or top of the rounds so moving back to say #35-#40 we pick up a high 3rd most likely and drop back 10 spots or so and pick up Lacy. Use other 2nd to get a CB, DT and then you have two 3rds now so you could go DT, CB again or go with another RB.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #39
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

before we signed Welker i was certain we were going WR. now i just don't know. i think it depends on the BPA but my gut says RB or DE.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #40
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I don't think you have to worry about that. I've seen no back even close to the 1st round on most of the major mock drafts. Doesn't mean it won't happen but I doubt any back this year goes 1st round.

I also like the idea of moving back if we can arrange it. It's not like we are sitting in the middle or top of the rounds so moving back to say #35-#40 we pick up a high 3rd most likely and drop back 10 spots or so and pick up Lacy. Use other 2nd to get a CB, DT and then you have two 3rds now so you could go DT, CB again or go with another RB.
yeah but they thought that last year outside of Richardson and then two shot up the board and both did well.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #41
Bacchus

Might have to look at a DE in the first.

But I agree Best Play Available even if it is a WR. Take whats there.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #42
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
before we signed Welker i was certain we were going WR. now i just don't know. i think it depends on the BPA but my gut says RB or DE.
I don't think they'll go DE. They have Doom, Wolf, Hunter, Ayers and Jackson. I think they could get sneaky and take a LT. You don't know if Clady will be 100% and you don't know how the contract talks will go.

I do hope though by the time the draft comes around that this board is updated and faster. Trying to get in here today was insane. Draft day will be twice the hits.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #43
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
I think he might be. At least a few of the draft rags agree (drafttek for one).

They might address RB in the bottom of the 2nd round too if a Gio or Lacy drop that far.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #44
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Why not trade back to the middle of the second grab an extra 4th rounder, if we are lucky third rounder and draft Lacy or DT/MLB
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #45
Agamemnon

Quote:
I think he might be. At least a few of the draft rags agree (drafttek for one).

They might address RB in the bottom of the 2nd round too if a Gio or Lacy drop that far.
A lot of scouts are in love with Bell, and by all reports his stock is rising. I'll be shocked if he lasts until our third rounder.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #46
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
Why not trade back to the middle of the second grab an extra 4th rounder, if we are lucky third rounder and draft Lacy or DT/MLB
Lacy is going in the first - he may not be there at 28 even. I'd almost bet on it. I'd rather take best CB/DE/LB in the first and grab Bell in the second.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #47
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I don't think they'll go DE. They have Doom, Wolf, Hunter, Ayers and Jackson. I think they could get sneaky and take a LT. You don't know if Clady will be 100% and you don't know how the contract talks will go.

I do hope though by the time the draft comes around that this board is updated and faster. Trying to get in here today was insane. Draft day will be twice the hits.
i think there will be some serious DE talent that falls to us at #28, some guys will rise, some will fall and we're sitting pretty good to snatch one up.
i'm not a fan of Wolfe at DE, i think he should be a DT who stretches out to DE at times. but if Wolfe is to remain at DE and slide inside to DT on nickel downs then i definitely want a DT pick. even with Knighton signed and Vick back we still need improvement at DT.

but Lacy would be my main choice as of now for the pick. he's big, powerful and fast which is what we need at RB right now. i love Bernard the most but he's kinda similar to what we have now(albeit bigger than Hillman and faster than everyone else on the roster)
Old 03-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #48
Bacchus

If they get Stephen Jackson then they might as well trade their first rounder this year for a 3rd rounder and a 1st next year. To some sucky team of course.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:32 AM   #49
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The Broncos are trying to complete their roster so they can win a Super Bowl now. Drafting strictly based on BPA is likely to be counter-productive to that. That said they should definitely try to get the best value in the process of getting the guys they feel they need, so if they are targeting Lacy, for instance, they might be well-advised to trade down from the late 1st to the early or mid 2nd (wherever they are relatively confident he will fall).
They're completing that roster via FA. To me that sends a strong message that they want to win now, but they aren't going to deviate from their draft values just to fill short term holes.

I'd imagine the last piece we'll see signed is a free agent RB to take that off the board as well. Then they have worthwhile in-house options for every need going into the draft.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #50
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

Two pages in and no mention of Giovanni Bernard, I think he would be a steal in the 2nd and would be perfect in our offense.

Brian Westbrook type.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote