The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #26
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
You can never predict injuries but I think with Brady throwing to him, he won't take as many big shots as he did with Bradford throwing to him.
welker took as many big hits as any wr in the game. it's why the dude is so good. durability. amendola is a princess.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #27
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
You can never predict injuries but I think with Brady throwing to him, he won't take as many big shots as he did with Bradford throwing to him.
Any player can get injured but you can see a pattern on players that tend to get injured a lot. Amendola has a history of injuries and isn't as good as Welker. To switch these two players for roughly the same price is surprising to me.

I thought Pats would keep Welker and sign someone like Wallace or Jennings. True they would be overpaying probably but I thought that is why brady did it. Amendola just has never really put together back to back good years. He could still blossom and have a great run but IMO it's not a sure fire thing.

This whole move has McDaniels written all over it. When he runs an offense good players seem to move on first couple years. Pats IMO just made a big mistake.

Manning has so many weapons now if the oline improves we will be scoring 30 plus every week. How will Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs keep up?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #28
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Welker took plenty of shots running around underneath, and Amendola will too. What other WR's do they have for defenses to really focus on?

DT & Decker are as good as any other combo out there, including Jones & White, which will keep defenses honest with Welker. For now anyway, Amendola only has the two TE's that defenses really focus on.

Brandon Lloyd was 2nd among WR's on that team in receptions with 74, and the WR after that is Edelman with 21, or to put it another way, Welker had more receptions last year than every other WR on that roster combined.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #29
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Manning has so many weapons now if the oline improves we will be scoring 30 plus every week. How will Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs keep up?
They won't. Raiders are in terrible shape, the Chiefs appear to be in "win-now" mode but I think they're making a bunch of bad moves and while I think the Chargers are waiting in free agency, this could be more of a rebuilding year. I'll giftwrap the division to the Broncos right now.

Looking past the division though, I think Denver should be bolstering their defense, not their offense, especially since it looks like Dumervil might be cut. But we'll see what other moves they make.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #30
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
They won't. Raiders are in terrible shape, the Chiefs appear to be in "win-now" mode but I think they're making a bunch of bad moves and while I think the Chargers are waiting in free agency, this could be more of a rebuilding year. I'll giftwrap the division to the Broncos right now.

Looking past the division though, I think Denver should be bolstering their defense, not their offense, especially since it looks like Dumervil might be cut. But we'll see what other moves they make.
I assume we're far from done in FA.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #31
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

They will need to add a pass rusher if Doom leaves i agree. Also they need a starting CB imo. Then icing on the top would be a better safety to pair with Moore who could use the help.

Hard to do everything in one offseason though. Especially since they sort of still need a RB to be a complete offense.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #32
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

The Raiders are quickly heading towards being my early favourites to draft number 1 overall next year. I think the Chiefs underperformed last season and have improved with Smith over Cassel, but the roster as a whole still has significant problems, particularly they lack a complementary threat in the passing game and the defensive line and secondary are outright bad. The Chargers are difficult to read, they clearly lack a receiving threat and the offensive line was just woeful last season, however the coaching change might be good for Rivers so I am not ready to write them off completely yet.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #33
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Nice signings by Denver to get Welker and the Pats to get Amendola.

Pats won't miss a beat.
until China Doll Amendola is out stretches of time and they can't bring Welker back to the starting role like they did when Edelman went down last year.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #34
jgraves31
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Injury-prone players tend to get injured.
One of best quotes i've read.
jgraves31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #35
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Watch him get 1,000 yards and 7 TD's.

Everyone will be focused on the TE's and he'll get his stats. The system will make him look good.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #36
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post

Everyone will be focused on the TE's and he'll get his stats. The system will make him look good.
Maybe but the move seems more about a personality conflict between Welker and Billicheck more then a pure football or salary cap move. Bonus for the Broncos Welker will come with a wealth of knowledge for our defense to pick from.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #37
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
The Raiders are quickly heading towards being my early favourites to draft number 1 overall next year. I think the Chiefs underperformed last season and have improved with Smith over Cassel, but the roster as a whole still has significant problems, particularly they lack a complementary threat in the passing game and the defensive line and secondary are outright bad. The Chargers are difficult to read, they clearly lack a receiving threat and the offensive line was just woeful last season, however the coaching change might be good for Rivers so I am not ready to write them off completely yet.
I'm fine with a rebuilding year. It's an acceptable trade off for getting rid of Norv.

It all hinges on what they do with the offensive line. I know they're going to go heavy on it in the draft but will a LT fall to #11 or will they make a move to trade up. At this very moment, with Vasquez gone, they're in even worse shape then they were last season, which is almost unbelievable. They only have Clary, who is average at best (and that's being kind) and Hardwick, who is still a nice player but certainly getting past his prime. And they desperately need another running back. I wish they would have made an effort for Reggie Bush but oh well.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #38
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I think Bolts can get a decent OT at 11. They can probably get a decent guard in the 2nd. From what i read there are lots of young olineman going in first 2-3 rounds. Not all of them will be good obviously but Chargers probably will have to select a couple olineman just to have the bodies.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #39
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post

We shall see. If he can stay healthy that kind of production should expected honestly, but I doubt he plays the number of games needed to make it happen.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #40
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I really enjoyed watching Amendola play the 2 games I saw him play. I don't get to watch Rams games much because they suck and I am usually watching AFC games on the Ticket if the Broncos aren't on.

I remembered his name and even posted here last year early in the season that I would love to have him if he became a FA but the dude didn't finish the 2nd game I saw him play. He is younger and has great hands, he reminds me of Lloyd in his ability to make the circus catch. He might have pulled down that pass Welker dropped in the SB but would he have been healthy enough to play in that game?

mCd does know WR's. It is about the only thing he is good at in the NFL besides taking Belly's orders. Thing is you can't count on a guy being healthy.

I think this will be an OK move for them just like the Lloyd signing was OK, just that Lloyd didn't get them over the hump or really make them better. They have issues with their TE's getting hurt, now they are bringing in a guy with an injury history to play the spot Brady targets the most. Really how many slot WR's are targeted 170+ times in a year?

They will be able to move the ball and beat up on the below avg teams like always but the rust is starting to show and they haven't been able to hit on replacing guys like they used to be able to do. Belly had an all D draft (almost) last couple years to make his pass rush better and it has yet to pay off. Now they lose the guy as important as their QB.

Maybe mCd plans on rotating Edelman in with Amendola to keep both guys fresh and Amendola healthy? I don't really care. I think the balance of power has shifted and if Belly really wanted Amendola all along they would have signed him outright.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #41
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Raiders have Zero talent, I guess McFadden is their best player but that is not saying much at this point in his career. KM had just about as good a season as McFadden last year.

Palmer is over the hill and has no one to throw it to. I am not sure what McKensie(sp?) and Allen are trying to build around there. They must be trying to build through the draft but they didn't have any early round picks last year which hurt. They are talking about using their supplemental draft QB (cannot remember his name to save my life) in certain packages this year.

They could cripple the franchise for another 5 years if they use their high pick to reach on any of the QB's this year and miss.

kFc should have won 7-8 games last year but they hired Romeo as their HC. I expect them to improve to 6-7 wins, maybe give their fanbase some hope and get to 9 wins if Charles thrives and Smith throws more TD's than INT's. Commentators keep talking about how accurate Smith was the last couple years but look at his TD to INT stats, it was only over the last 2 years that he started throwing less INT's and it took him 4 years before he threw more TD's than INT's. I could see him reverting and struggling again if Reid can't get him to work his short game in their system. Bowe is not going to fight for balls, he drops balls that guys like DT or Boldin make. Avery would be a 3rd WR anywhere else. kFc will have to use their 1st pick on a CB to counter our move today so they will be drafting for need instead of BPA or trading down.

SD is a wild card. I don't think Rivers is as bad as he was the last 2 years, I think he wanted Norv gone and quit on him or at least zoned him out without knowing it. They don't have a consistent run game and should not have let Jackson go to TB. They need WR's, OL, RB's, and lots of D but should be able to win 6-7 games as well if Rivers clicks again.

I am still dumbfounded by Oakland lack of interest to get better in a quality FA class this year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #42
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
So I know most of you play fantasy. How do you value Bronco WR now?
I personally will not touch them unless they are good value in the later rounds. Now my opinion of Amendola signing with NE I would consider him now in the right round. I will possibly put Amendola higher on my list versus the Bronco WR for value.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #43
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

To add: 3 WR's is overkill on one team. Also I wouldn't touch the Bronco TE's. Still have to see how the rest of FA and the draft plays out.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #44
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
If you ask me, this is proof they didn't want to lose him. Otherwise they could have done this yesterday
Yeah this isn't a "bad" signing per se, but it stinks of desperation to save face. Everything I'm hearing is that Boston and Brady are pissed and this is a huge blow to morale - not just because they lost Welker, but because they lost him to Manning for so little.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #45
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Also I'm surprised he got that much coin(Amendola). Isn't Gibson still out there?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #46
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It wouldn't worry you his best yr was about 700 yrds and he's always hurt? To get a deal on the same level as one of the best slot/underneath WR of all time? Who is best friends with your QB? Seems to me like a very risky move and they most certainly will miss a beat.

Your the same one telling me last yr how meachum would make up some for Vincent Jackson? Or was that 400hz? Either way Amendola for around what Welker got seems like a stupid move. Why replace 100 catches a yr with a guy who has been made of glass? The better go sign Jennings as well or brady gave up money for nothing.

hell they haven't even signed Vollmer yet have they? What the hell?
Nice call out Cut!
There were a lot of posters here on both sides claiming that VJ didn't make that offense go. Whatever. There are a lot of dumb asses on this board. How'd that Meachum signing go for SD and that offense? Stupid ****s don't know ****. And like you said. Why replace him with a dude that
breaks easily? They will miss a beat actually. Just watch.

And to that b**** that called BS to my Doom post. Haha. OMG if we lose Doom...We're Doomed. We can't compete with the other 31 teams in this league. How could we? They will double up on Von and we will have no answer!
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #47
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
To add: 3 WR's is overkill on one team. Also I wouldn't touch the Bronco TE's. Still have to see how the rest of FA and the draft plays out.
I tend to try and make my teams easy to manage. So like you said 3 WR on Broncos makes me want to sit out unless i get a great deal on them. But....you can elevate Manning now. How high do you rank him. Just below Rodgers/Brady? Or do the running guys Rg3 and newton still slip in above him? What about Brees for 2013 who would you rather have him or Manning.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:42 AM   #48
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
Nice call out Cut!
There were a lot of posters here on both sides claiming that VJ didn't make that offense go. Whatever. There are a lot of dumb asses on this board. How'd that Meachum signing go for SD and that offense? Stupid ****s don't know ****. And like you said. Why replace him with a dude that
breaks easily? They will miss a beat actually. Just watch.

And to that b**** that called BS to my Doom post. Haha. OMG if we lose Doom...We're Doomed. We can't compete with the other 31 teams in this league. How could we? They will double up on Von and we will have no answer!
Last yr I was amazed how Vincent Jackson was being downgraded by Charger fans. I thought that was one of the best FA signings the Bucs did. By the way I think Tampa Bay is going to be really tough this yr. I love that RB they drafted last yr. Trying to compare Mechum to Jackson is actually worst then Welker and Amendola comparison. At least those two share same skill set.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #49
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah this isn't a "bad" signing per se, but it stinks of desperation to save face. Everything I'm hearing is that Boston and Brady are pissed and this is a huge blow to morale - not just because they lost Welker, but because they lost him to Manning for so little.
If people would have said Amendola gets more then Welker, or even the same deal I would have said they were crazy. Seriously had i argued Welker could be had for 5-6 mil a season don't you think you would have said Cut is in fantasyland? I was thinking he would get more like 4 yrs 30 million. Something like that. I didn't think he would be willing to sign a 2 yr deal considering this is his last one. You would have thought he could get a 3 yr deal with a 4th on it if he was still playing well.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:53 AM   #50
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I personally will not touch them unless they are good value in the later rounds. Now my opinion of Amendola signing with NE I would consider him now in the right round. I will possibly put Amendola higher on my list versus the Bronco WR for value.
WRONG. Thomas is EVEN BETTER now. Thomas is a superstud. Decker will still be solid too.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote