The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #401
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Wow I'm excited and all short term. But I hope it doesn't mean we lose Doom this year and Deck next year because of this signing in the long run!
If the Broncos win the SB this upcoming season, you're gonna see several players retire, like Brooking, Welker, Bailey, McGahee, and perhaps Manning.....I'm sure we'll have plenty of money to keep Decker.

As for Doom, we still have no clue as to where he and the Broncos stand yet...but he hasn't been released yet, which should be a good sign. And for all the Freeney talk, keep in mind Del Rio might be thinking Freeney and Doom on the flanks.....who knows?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #402
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
**** you pats! Although rumor has it they are after Danny Amendola from the Rams.

I cringe at that. They can turn him into the next welker. He has all the tools and we know what that type of environment does for a player.
Yeah, but he's also injury prone.....Welker is very durable having missed about 3-5 games over his entire career.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #403
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Suddenly, every pass rush in the league looks impotent. I'm not sure how teams are going to attack us now. I think we have the best offense in the league bar none.
Hopefully this time when you say bar none it doesn't end up under achieving ...
Old 03-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #404
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yeah, but he's also injury prone.....Welker is very durable having missed about 3-5 games over his entire career.
No doubt.

I hope he stays that way. However if he stays healthy, I think we will look back at the pats making out fine.

Don't get me wrong, I would still take Welker 100/100 times but just saying this move has the potential to be a good one for pats (not letting welker go but rather quickly snatching up amendola)
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #405
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Great pickup for the Broncos. Welker is a better WR than Stokley and will take his spot rather easily. Stokley had his moments for sure, but the passing game just got even better IMO.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #406
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hell ****ing yeah. This is the kind of move I expect to see when you are gearing short-term. Brilliant stuff, though a total headscratcher from the Pats' perspective.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #407
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Manning has his toys hehehe
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #408
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #409
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Broncos | Few incentives for Wes Welker
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 21:08:14 -0700

The deal signed by Denver Broncos WR Wes Welker has $150,000 in incentives for each year he catches 90 or more passes, but no other incentives

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2NUIrxgJu
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #410
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Great pickup for the Broncos. Welker is a better WR than Stokley and will take his spot rather easily. Stokley had his moments for sure, but the passing game just got even better IMO.
I think in everyone's opinion.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #411
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Broncos | Few incentives for Wes Welker
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 21:08:14 -0700

The deal signed by Denver Broncos WR Wes Welker has $150,000 in incentives for each year he catches 90 or more passes, but no other incentives

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2NUIrxgJu
That's amazing. He must really want to play with Manning...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #412
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I think he knows that there is only one QB who is likely to use him the way Brady has. So yes, he really wants to play with Manning.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #413
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Only one more piece...

Really, no reason not to take a RB in the first round Montre Ball anyone? He is a big back, good receiver and NEVER fumbles.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #414
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Or, everyone just realized that there's probably no way that he's going to get the numbers he had in New England with Thomas, Decker, Tamme, and Dreesen being here.

So let's review our offense here:

Upgraded OL
Upgraded WR drastically (hard to do in the first place but we did it)
TE was already solid
QB is unupgradeable

It looks to me like our only offensive issue is an RB.
Things have really gone 180 from the Denver Teams of old. I'm inclined to think that it really doesn't even matter who runs the ball anymore as long as they don't fumble and tend to get positive yardage. Maybe find a guy that is talented at the goal line stuff.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #415
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
I'm sure he would have loved to stay and play with Brady but the writing was on the wall. Remember early in the season when he wasn't being targeted that much. Only when they had a TE injury did they target him more often. He felt, according to some on NFL Network, that he was being phased out somewhat in NE. The 2 TE set they love to use ate up alot of his normal working space being the slot WR and all. I think he feels like with the Broncos, not using near as much double TE sets as NE, he has more room to work the middle short stuff. And he felt good about the chances of winning coming here. And they even said some stuff that he loves CO. He got married in Vail or some place like that.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #416
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

According to ESPN Boston, Wes Welker turned down a two-year deal worth close to $15 million from another AFC team before accepting the Broncos' two-year, $12 million offer.
Per reporter Mike Reiss, Welker didn't seriously consider the offer because "the club isn't viewed as a contender." According to Reiss, talks with the Patriots reached a "breaking point" just before Tuesday's official start of free agency. The Pats offered a two-year, $10 million deal that could be worth up to $16 million through incentives, but Welker turned it down because he believed the sweeteners would be "extremely difficult to reach." The whole article is worth a read, and can be found at the link.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #417
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Or, everyone just realized that there's probably no way that he's going to get the numbers he had in New England with Thomas, Decker, Tamme, and Dreesen being here.

So let's review our offense here:

Upgraded OL
Upgraded WR drastically (hard to do in the first place but we did it)
TE was already solid
QB is unupgradeable

It looks to me like our only offensive issue is an RB.
Things have really gone 180 from the Denver Teams of old. I'm inclined to think that it really doesn't even matter who runs the ball anymore as long as they don't fumble and tend to get positive yardage. Maybe find a guy that is talented at the goal line stuff.
A power runner is what is needed. Not just for goal line situations, but for getting the tough yards in general and closing out games. This is why I find myself wanting Le'veon Bell more and more. His value is looking like its right around our 2nd rounder (or close enough it won't take too much to trade up to him), and for what we need at the position he looks to be a perfect fit.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 03-14-2013 at 12:15 AM..
Old 03-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #418
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Really, no reason not to take a RB in the first round Montre Ball anyone? He is a big back, good receiver and NEVER fumbles.
I wouldn't mind Ball...if we don't draft a running back until the 3rd or 4th round. He is not even remotely close to being worthy of a 1st round pick.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #419
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

1. This gives the Broncos a true #1WR, who can get open and catch the ball in ANY situation.
2. Welker caught 1/3 of his passes on the outside in 2012.
3. The Broncos can choose to let Decker walk in 2014 if his price is too high.
4. Severely weakens the Pats (regardless of Amendola).
5. Broncos now know Pats entire Offensive/Defensive playbook.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #420
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

The Welker deal simply doesn't happen if Peyton Manning wasn't a Bronco. When we all were talking last year about how Peyton Manning is a FA draw, this is exactly what we meant. The best slot receiver in the league is now paired with the best QB. Can't wait to see the magic!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #421
SteveTensi13
GIVE ME SOME MORE ORANGE

OLD SCHOOL BRONCO

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Stokley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I think he knows that there is only one QB who is likely to use him the way Brady has. So yes, he really wants to play with Manning.
There's no way he gets 100+ receptions this season. With DT and Decker on the outside, his numbers will be down from his previous seasons. I say he gets closer to 60-70 pass receptions.
SteveTensi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #422
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
The Welker deal simply doesn't happen if Peyton Manning wasn't a Bronco. When we all were talking last year about how Peyton Manning is a FA draw, this is exactly what we meant. The best slot receiver in the league is now paired with the best QB. Can't wait to see the magic!
I think having a GM who is so respected as a player helps also. Broncos feel like a family again and the dysfunction is over. I also can't wait to see the offense. Last year teams exploited our problems at guard and center when we suffered injuries there. Hopefully this year we have that problem solved. I don't think WR was a weak spot but now it's insane. It's insane! The 3 Amigos ride again!

Who knows who it will be each week that gets the 100 yrds recieving but i don't see how people stop the Broncos offense. DT already a nightmare to cover. Decker not a total physical stud but has good hands and chemistry with manning. Now we have the best slot/underneath WR in football. If it's 3-5 how do you cover them all?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:57 AM   #423
Bacchus

Quote:
Are you saying Welker wouldn't have signed with Denver if Ozweiler was the QB?
Old 03-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #424
SteveTensi13
GIVE ME SOME MORE ORANGE

OLD SCHOOL BRONCO

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Stokley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Are you saying Welker wouldn't have signed with Denver if Ozweiler was the QB?
I think TJ is right about that. I highly doubt Welker signs with Denver if Tebow was still under center and we had a run first offense.
SteveTensi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #425
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTensi13 View Post
I think TJ is right about that. I highly doubt Welker signs with Denver if Tebow was still under center and we had a run first offense.
oh yeah I am sure I forgot the sarcasm smiley on that one.