The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #76
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

What do we do in FA now? I know it looks like Freeney if Doom is cut anything else?
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #77
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
What do we do in FA now? I know it looks like Freeney if Doom is cut anything else?
Freeney and a Safety?
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #78
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Bjoern Werner isn't going to last anywhere close to the 28th pick in the 1st round.
mcshay has him going 25th, kiper 30th. i've seen him in this range from a ton of mocks.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #79
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

dammit, only a 1 year deal? i wanted 3-4.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #80
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Freeney and a Safety?
I hope we get Huff. Play FS or CB if someone goes down. God, he'd be perfect.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #81
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Huff blows chunks
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #82
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
Huff blows chunks
He may not have been the best CB, but he was a solid FS. With the glut of veteran DB talent on the market, I could see him not finding a suitor until after the draft. I think he'd be great because he'd be cheap and he'd provide a decent option at FS and CB. He's depth at 3 spots on the field, basically. If he is unlucky enough to not find a home soon, we should scoop him up, let him compete for the FS starting spot.

Last edited by Killericon; 03-13-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #83
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Hey Killer, where you been recently?
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #84
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I know I'll get crucified for this, but I feel pretty happy at safety, at the moment. I don't care how big the play, you don't run a player out of town on one play. Raheem had improved so much from his first year to his second. I think he should at least be in the mix. Quinton Carter is another unknown. Has he been unlucky, or is this pretty much how is career is going to go? And I felt Mike Adams played competently.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #85
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
We just signed Vickerson and Knighton. I don't think DT is a priority. I DO think they will go BPA.

Hardly we need another young DT for the future............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #86
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I know I'll get crucified for this, but I feel pretty happy at safety, at the moment. I don't care how big the play, you don't run a player out of town on one play. Raheem had improved so much from his first year to his second. I think he should at least be in the mix. Quinton Carter is another unknown. Has he been unlucky, or is this pretty much how is career is going to go? And I felt Mike Adams played competently.
We could easily improve on Mike Adams. Otherwise I agree with you. Quinton Carter was pretty good his rookie year as I recall.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #87
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I like it! “Rodgers-Cromartie might be the most physically gifted corner in the NFL, but only plays that way 3 games a year.”- Greg Cosell, NFL Films. Let's hope those 3 games are divisional round, AFC Championship, and Super Bowl.
Well he'll be in a contract year so to speak so I'm sure he'll give it his best every game.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #88
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Well he'll be in a contract year so to speak so I'm sure he'll give it his best every game.
which is exactly why he got a one year deal
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #89
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
SS is my only concern. Adams should be a super sub, not a starter.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #90
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
ED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #91
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
John 11:35
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #92
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
We just signed Vickerson and Knighton. I don't think DT is a priority. I DO think they will go BPA.
And that is likely a major driving element to all this FA spending. The FO clearly saw a bunch of significant concerns that would force their hands in the draft if not resolved via free agency, and so as a result they've gone hard at the FA market to make that happen.

They're also getting some insanely good values on short term deals. Vasquez is now looking like the big money signing and he'll be barely 30 when his deal is up. Welker for 2/$12M and DRC for 1/$5M are crazy value signings.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:48 AM   #93
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
And that is likely a major driving element to all this FA spending. The FO clearly saw a bunch of significant concerns that would force their hands in the draft if not resolved via free agency, and so as a result they've gone hard at the FA market to make that happen.

They're also getting some insanely good values on short term deals. Vasquez is now looking like the big money signing and he'll be barely 30 when his deal is up. Welker for 2/$12M and DRC for 1/$5M are crazy value signings.
What the signing do, is allow any player that Denver draft to grow into the position and not be force into the starting lineup. That being said I could see them taking a CB in the first and boosting the receiving corp in the mid rounds.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:17 AM   #94
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

DRC is auditioning for a long term deal. Young guy with upside who under the right coaching can be our guy for a long time.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #95
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

God, we're the team everyone loves to hate. We're the new cowboys, I love it, but I hate it.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #96
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I was first in on DRC. What do I win? I at least get a mention in the footnotes, right? I'll tweet him and tell me he owes me a cut. Or at the very least a shout out for believing in him.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...RC#post3806732

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...RC#post3807669
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #97
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I like the DRC one year signing a lot, might have enjoyed it more if it was a 2 year along with some of our other ones but with what just happened with tracy Porter I can see their reasoning.

I agree that our safeties are in a pretty good spot where they are as long as quinton carter comes back healthy this year.

Even on the moore blown play against the Ravens it was as much the corner and other safeties fault as it was moores if I recall correctly. I think Moore came over from the opposite side of the field to cover on that play while Adams played short instead of taking the deep ball.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #98
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
He may not have been the best CB, but he was a solid FS. With the glut of veteran DB talent on the market, I could see him not finding a suitor until after the draft. I think he'd be great because he'd be cheap and he'd provide a decent option at FS and CB. He's depth at 3 spots on the field, basically. If he is unlucky enough to not find a home soon, we should scoop him up, let him compete for the FS starting spot.
I MIght be in the minority but I think Moore and Carter give us two good young FS. SS with Adams is more of a concern for me. Bernard Pollard is available and I believe is a veteran that would be an upgrade over Adams.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #99
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

plus DRC gives us that speedy athletic corner to cover the guys like Torrey Smith that Champ is beginning to have issues with. Champ is still a lockdown guy against all but the fastest WR in the league.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #100
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
I MIght be in the minority but I think Moore and Carter give us two good young FS. SS with Adams is more of a concern for me. Bernard Pollard is available and I believe is a veteran that would be an upgrade over Adams.
I want to see what Carter does this year as well. Hopefully he is healthy. Adams was solid he did not make many mistakes and was a pretty good tackler too, but he just isn't great in coverage. Carter is much fast than Adams and it looks like he has better ball skills.