The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #801
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Tonight the Bruins start a murderous stretch of 5 games in 7 nights with two of them on the road against Pittsburgh, both of which are the 2nd games in back to back nights. Here's where the lockout will hurt.
Yea, that brings up a really good point. Who in the NHL front office hates the Bruins? You guys have played 22 games, and there are 43 days left (26 games in 43 days)...in comparison the Canes have 24 games left in 43 days, and we are literally playing every other night from here on out. I guess it's a blessing and a curse, but look what it did to Philly playing such a condensed season early on. It might bode well for the Flyers since they will have more rest than some of their opponents later on, and already went through a bulk of 'condensed schedual injuries'. I hope the Bs have some solid depth, because your about to realize what every one else in the league has already come to terms with; a game every other night in Hockey means a boat load of injuries.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #802
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I am quite happy that Detroit has been playing so many games early through all the injuries they have had - at least things may get better. Of course in next month and a half the team has 2 trips to Western Canada and one extended California trip plus a shorter southwest trip.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #803
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Yea, that brings up a really good point. Who in the NHL front office hates the Bruins? You guys have played 22 games, and there are 43 days left (26 games in 43 days)...in comparison the Canes have 24 games left in 43 days, and we are literally playing every other night from here on out.
One of our games was cancelled due to a blizzard, which didn't help. I'm just hoping that the Canadiens start to slide and B's keep this pace up for a few more weeks and lock up a top seed early so they can rest guys a little more that last week or two. It definitely helps that we have very balanced scoring, can roll 4 lines consistently, have two good goalies that will most likely rotate every third game or so and have a few guys in the AHL right now that have big club experience....so depth hopefully won't be too much of an issue.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #804
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
See Carter, Jeff.....

Difference between F-Ovie and guys like Nash are that Nash still busted his tail on a losing team. You have a captain that doesn't care, it poisons the well.
we will have to agree to disagree on this. When **** goes bad, a lot of guys give up.

Nash wasn't busting his ass all the time from what I saw. Remember many were wondering whatever happened to him.

But when it's a North American, it's "he needs change of scenery; get out of that hell hole"

When it's a European, it's "look at his half assing, killing his team."

It's the xenophobia that comes along with the Canadian media. They have to always put down European players so Canada is always #1 in hockey.

A lot of players half ass when teams are not good enough, even good ole Jarome Iginla.

It's just that Ovechkin is the evil Russian. He is punished for daring to go toe to toe with Canada's golden boy Crosby. The irony of it all is they squeezed every last $ out of Ovechkin. They loved marketing and making all that revenue off him.

Now they don't need him because Canada rules.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #805
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
we will have to agree to disagree on this. When **** goes bad, a lot of guys give up.

Nash wasn't busting his ass all the time from what I saw. Remember many were wondering whatever happened to him.

But when it's a North American, it's "he needs change of scenery; get out of that hell hole"

It's the xenophobia that comes along with the Canadian media. They have to always put down European players so Canada is always #1 in hockey.

A lot of players half ass when teams are not good enough, even good ole Jarome Iginla.

It's just that Ovechkin is the evil Russian. He is punished for daring to go toe to toe with Canada's golden boy Crosby. The irony of it all is they squeezed every last $ out of Ovechkin. They loved marketing and making all that revenue off him.

That is crap about JI and Nash, never did they play as lazy as Fovie. If they did, thy would have been benched. Would Hitchcock or Sutter allow that?
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #806
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
That is crap about JI and Nash, never did they play as lazy as Fovie. If they did, thy would have been benched. Would Hitchcock or Sutter allow that?
I watch a lot of games and I have seen them loaf just as much as Ovechkin. Can you blame them when they play on ****ty teams? The NHL is very taxing on the body and a lot of guys give up when the squad is not there.

Like I said, I am not trying to convince you. In fact, Ovechkin has his faults and he needs to step the **** up. My point was merely is that from all my viewing and just playing the sport a lot over the years, JI and Nash float just as much as Ovie when **** goes wrong. At least that's what my eyes see.

And to your point, DH did bench a loafing ovechkin last season. Too bad Ted was not having any of it.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #807
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Duchene is playing like he wants that C on his jersey instead of Lando.
I like Landeskog with the "C". Give him a few more years. He will be one of the best players in the league.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #808
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Tonight the Bruins start a murderous stretch of 5 games in 7 nights with two of them on the road against Pittsburgh, both of which are the 2nd games in back to back nights. Here's where the lockout will hurt.
I'll be happy if we can get a split with you guys...especially with Geno out again.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #809
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I'll be happy if we can get a split with you guys...especially with Geno out again.
Congrats SoCal. Good win for you guys. Looks like mental and physical fatigue, combined with sitting on a lead, took over in the 3rd. The B's really need to get last year's 3rd period killer instinct back. We've given up a few too many late leads for my taste this year.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #810
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Sorry Redskin, revenge was sweet!
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #811
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Devils beat the Flyers 5-2 but it really wasn't that close.

Hilarious to watch Simmonds and Hartnell lose their minds when the Devils don't fall for their nonsense.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #812
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Sorry Redskin, revenge was sweet!
No worries, I want to tank so changes are made. It's pathetic that Mcphee has been here 15+ years; a joke.

Why don't you cooperate and lay a beatdown in raleigh so changes come more quickly

Also, the better Semin does in Carolina the more it shows how inept the culture/environment is here and that will in turn force changes too.

I can always say that Carolina for the most part has been a great family type atmosphere in that organization. It's a good fit for Semin. He also now plays with top notch center like Staal. Other than Backstrom in spurts here or Fedorov he never really had that here.

Everyone is now piling it on Ovechkin but he too now is playing with garbage. He should have had 3 or 4 points last night but when you play with the figure skater Johansson who doesn't know how to use a hockey stick, well of course he's not going to get assists on those prime set ups.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #813
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
Devils beat the Flyers 5-2 but it really wasn't that close.

Hilarious to watch Simmonds and Hartnell lose their minds when the Devils don't fall for their nonsense.
Seriously....what's happened to the Flyers this year? Just miserable hockey.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #814
canadianbroncosfan

Man first the Avs, then the Oilers and now squeak one out with only one goals against Columbus? Chicago needs to get back on track, especially against the bottom teams.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #815
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I had them missing this year.

Their forwards, I am ok with; pretty solid.

Their defense is HORRIBLE. Timonen is old (brutal schedule for him), Grossman is not a top 2 pairing guy. Coburn is not playing to his abilities but that's because he has to cover for the very (IMO) overrated Luke Schenn.

Usually the defense is good enough to cover for bad goaltending, but the Flyers are a disaster this year because both are bad.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #816
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Sweet no look pass by Sid.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #817
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Anyone watch the Hawks beat down the Stars last night? Toews had 2 quick goals then this sweet spinerama by Kaner:

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/vide...222209&lang=en

Hawks were skating circles around them
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #818
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I've got a lot of respect for Chicago but right now I think we could take them. It would be a war but I'm impressed with how we've improved defensively and are really playing at a high level overall...even without Geno.

Letang got hurt today.....hopefully its not serious that would really hurt.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #819
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I've got a lot of respect for Chicago but right now I think we could take them. It would be a war but I'm impressed with how we've improved defensively and are really playing at a high level overall...even without Geno.

Letang got hurt today.....hopefully its not serious that would really hurt.
I watched the 3rd period today, Sure your more physical but we have better team speed and are getting contributions from young guys like Saad. Keith is playing at a high level on D.

Would be a fun series.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #820
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Homer went all in for Weber and failed. We have enough 3-6 dmen but lack a true #1. Homer failed to get us a capable backup goalie and we are forced to start Bryzgalov every single game. Im sure he is very tired after the brutal first half of the schedule we have faced. It gets easier from here on out.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #821
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post

Just curious how much Canadian hockey coverage you watch?

There are plenty of N.A. players that get ripped just plenty. Dion Phanuef and Nazim Kadri are two examples that shoulder the blame every time the Leafs have a bad game. Here in Edmonton; Eberle is the future of the franchise and god forbid he have an eleven game streak without a goal, he shoulders the blame for the Oilers woes.

Ovechkin does get ripped but no more than N.A. players, and part of his thing is people will always put more blame on the guys with the $100M contracts, it comes with the territory in every sport.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #822
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Yea, that brings up a really good point. Who in the NHL front office hates the Bruins? You guys have played 22 games, and there are 43 days left (26 games in 43 days)...in comparison the Canes have 24 games left in 43 days, and we are literally playing every other night from here on out. I guess it's a blessing and a curse, but look what it did to Philly playing such a condensed season early on. It might bode well for the Flyers since they will have more rest than some of their opponents later on, and already went through a bulk of 'condensed schedual injuries'. I hope the Bs have some solid depth, because your about to realize what every one else in the league has already come to terms with; a game every other night in Hockey means a boat load of injuries.
Who in the NHL hates the Bruins They've played like the least amount of games. Every team has a very rough stretch of games. The Flyers was in the start of the season and the Bruins is now. It's nothing against the Bruins. I know that I'd rather have my hard stretch at the end of the season than the beginning right after a lockout.

Last edited by Aftermath; 03-18-2013 at 02:28 AM..
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #823
canadianbroncosfan

3 times in just over two weeks for 'Hawks-Avs. Good ole lock out seasons.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #824
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

The avs are pathetic....this **** is getting old!! Time for change...Sacco GTFO
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #825
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
3 times in just over two weeks for 'Hawks-Avs. Good ole lock out seasons.
it seems as if the Hawks remember that streak ending loss and are taking it out on my Avs
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote