The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #26
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Yeah, i luckily had some stuff from being in a fraternity in terms of button down shirts and loafers... but needing dress slacks and nicer dress shoes has been a big expenditure lately but it def. will not be a consistent thing.

But im going to make it a point to pack lunch
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #27
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Alimony
Are you the guy I come to for divorce advice?!? I've looked for divorce threads and didn't find any good ones..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #28
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Mende = wasteful spending
rmsanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #29
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Yeah, i luckily had some stuff from being in a fraternity in terms of button down shirts and loafers... but needing dress slacks and nicer dress shoes has been a big expenditure lately but it def. will not be a consistent thing.

But im going to make it a point to pack lunch
Dude, definitely pack a lunch. I only get 30 minutes on my break at work and I find that it is too inconvenient to try and go and drive somewhere, wait in line and bring it back to my office to have it stink up my desk and crap. Somedays I walk to the sandwich shop down a few blocks and get one of them, but the first thing I do when I wake up (and I'm still have retarded) is pack myself a meal. Also, try pack it before you go to bed, put it in your luncjh box and hold it in the fridge. That way it is ready to go!!!

Saves me a lot of money. My best friend at work eats out to the same places at lunch every day. 5 days a week.

Pizza Hut one day. Taco John's next day. BK on Wednesday. Wal-Mart deli on Thursday. Subway Fri.

Spends easily $50 a week (just weekdays) on FF at lunch. . .

lol
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #30
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Trust me after posting that i realized i really need too ha.

It honestly is just a time issue, waking up later than ideal to pack lunch. When i do have enough time i pack a lunch..but im not a morning person one bit.

The clothes involves me having recently graduated and now working in the buisness/law firm atmosphere and needing more professional attire. i always justify buying a new dress shirt or pair of shoes as a need. but honestly i have more than enough
I pack my lunch the previous night and sometimes will pack lunches for multiple days. Make sure to use good containers like lock n lock. I basically have a set of work clothes for 1.5 weeks. That's enough for me. How many ties/dress shirts does one person really need?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #31
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Vacations.

I spend between 10 and 20k a year on vacations. Pretty ridiculous considering I still drive a 99 honda accord.
Worth every penny to me. Travel and vacations are worth it.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #32
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I pack my lunch the previous night and sometimes will pack lunches for multiple days. Make sure to use good containers like lock n lock. I basically have a set of work clothes for 1.5 weeks. That's enough for me. How many ties/dress shirts does one person really need?
yah right? Also, don't forget your cologne.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #33
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

So are we all in agreement cell phones and internet are not wasteful ?
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #34
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Dude, definitely pack a lunch. I only get 30 minutes on my break at work and I find that it is too inconvenient to try and go and drive somewhere, wait in line and bring it back to my office to have it stink up my desk and crap. Somedays I walk to the sandwich shop down a few blocks and get one of them, but the first thing I do when I wake up (and I'm still have retarded) is pack myself a meal. Also, try pack it before you go to bed, put it in your luncjh box and hold it in the fridge. That way it is ready to go!!!

Saves me a lot of money. My best friend at work eats out to the same places at lunch every day. 5 days a week.

Pizza Hut one day. Taco John's next day. BK on Wednesday. Wal-Mart deli on Thursday. Subway Fri.

Spends easily $50 a week (just weekdays) on FF at lunch. . .

lol
30 minutes? Yikes, that's too fast. Plus I never get any enjoyment eating out at lunch all the time and the selections are almost always unhealthy.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #35
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
yah right? Also, don't forget your cologne.
That is what ex-gf's are for.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #36
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
For me it's not, it's a necessity.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #37
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

OP, are you trying to create a list with your wife/kids to hammer down expenses? Grow a pair(=
Old 03-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #38
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I think smart phone service is a huge scam. They lose money on the phones so they screw you on the service and lock you into a contract. "You have unlimited internet access, but only 200 text messages, all for $85.00 a month. However, if you want unlimited text messages it's now $150.00 a month. It's either 200 or unlimited, sorry." (just a made up example).

Really?

"You can have this smart phone at 'no cost' but you need to sign a 5 year contract and pay us $100.00 a month for phone and interwebz service." (another made up example).

Really?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #39
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Video games. I don't even spend that much, but when you consider time wasted on something that will have no bearing on anything in my real life outside of conversation with another nerd, it's a big, big waste of production.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #40
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

I just bought one of these:

http://i.imgur.com/IvuoxcC.jpg?1

But I have big plans for it
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #41
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Video games. I don't even spend that much, but when you consider time wasted on something that will have no bearing on anything in my real life outside of conversation with another nerd, it's a big, big waste of production.
Video games and TV shows. Netflix... I watch WAY too much Netflix.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #42
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
I think smart phone service is a huge scam. They lose money on the phones so they screw you on the service and lock you into a contract. "You have unlimited internet access, but only 400 text messages, all for $85.00 a month. However, if you want unlimited text messages it's now $150.00 a month." (just a made up example).

Really?

"You can have this smart phone at 'no cost' but you need to sign a 5 year contract and pay us $100.00 a month for phone and interwebz service." (another made up example).

Really?
I have a corp plan and the key is to buy unlock phones. You can always threaten to leave and they will offer freebies. For example, I received 6 months unlimited text messaging for free. If you are on contract they have you by the balls and offer no discounts.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #43
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned women. Are you all married or the single ones just masturbate all the time? Chasing women is a cost I need to reduce.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #44
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I have a corp plan and the key is to buy unlock phones. You can always threaten to leave and they will offer freebies. For example, I received 6 months unlimited text messaging for free. If you are on contract they have you by the balls and offer no discounts.
I agree completely. Don't get locked into a contract.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #45
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I would say both are close to necessities in this day and age.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #46
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I am married to an Accountant. Wasteful spending? WHAT HE HELL IS THAT

We go over the damn thing quarterly because of my business and all my expenses better be itemized correctly and with receipts. I have not been able to wastefullly spend a dollar in 15 years. If I screw up the budget, she takes it out of my retirement funds and makes me pay it back with Interest

Damn, I love her, but she runs a tight ship and we do really well because of that.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #47
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
I think smart phone service is a huge scam. They lose money on the phones so they screw you on the service and lock you into a contract. "You have unlimited internet access, but only 200 text messages, all for $85.00 a month. However, if you want unlimited text messages it's now $150.00 a month. It's either 200 or unlimited, sorry." (just a made up example).

Really?

Really?
I love Virgin Mobile. $35 a month and I essentially get unlimited everything and a phone that does more than I could ever need.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #48
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
For people paying 75-100+ bucks a month individually for a smartphone it is a waste when better deals can be had. I can't imagine what a family of 4 or 5 with all their kids on the same plan, data charges, etc. ends up to being. Probably too much.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #49
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I love Virgin Mobile. $35 a month and I essentially get unlimited everything and a phone that does more than I could ever need.
That's a great deal!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #50
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
OP, are you trying to create a list with your wife/kids to hammer down expenses? Grow a pair(=
I have no kids. 2 dogs they're almost as bad as kids. Anyways. Nope this is for my shop. I'm tired of hearing I can't believe its going to be 500 bucks to fix my car. So I am going to average out all the totals I get and conform a list that I can read of all the unnecessary things in life that you are willing to pay more for and not complain about. It's going to be what I hope a light way of saying you count on your car more then just about anything quit b****ing because you have to put a little money in it.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote