The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #26
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach
 
Denver Bronco56's Avatar
 
The Greatest

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 223
Default

Yeah, i luckily had some stuff from being in a fraternity in terms of button down shirts and loafers... but needing dress slacks and nicer dress shoes has been a big expenditure lately but it def. will not be a consistent thing.

But im going to make it a point to pack lunch
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #27
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Alimony
Are you the guy I come to for divorce advice?!? I've looked for divorce threads and didn't find any good ones..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #28
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Mende = wasteful spending
rmsanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #29
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,109

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Yeah, i luckily had some stuff from being in a fraternity in terms of button down shirts and loafers... but needing dress slacks and nicer dress shoes has been a big expenditure lately but it def. will not be a consistent thing.

But im going to make it a point to pack lunch
Dude, definitely pack a lunch. I only get 30 minutes on my break at work and I find that it is too inconvenient to try and go and drive somewhere, wait in line and bring it back to my office to have it stink up my desk and crap. Somedays I walk to the sandwich shop down a few blocks and get one of them, but the first thing I do when I wake up (and I'm still have retarded) is pack myself a meal. Also, try pack it before you go to bed, put it in your luncjh box and hold it in the fridge. That way it is ready to go!!!

Saves me a lot of money. My best friend at work eats out to the same places at lunch every day. 5 days a week.

Pizza Hut one day. Taco John's next day. BK on Wednesday. Wal-Mart deli on Thursday. Subway Fri.

Spends easily $50 a week (just weekdays) on FF at lunch. . .

lol
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #30
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Trust me after posting that i realized i really need too ha.

It honestly is just a time issue, waking up later than ideal to pack lunch. When i do have enough time i pack a lunch..but im not a morning person one bit.

The clothes involves me having recently graduated and now working in the buisness/law firm atmosphere and needing more professional attire. i always justify buying a new dress shirt or pair of shoes as a need. but honestly i have more than enough
I pack my lunch the previous night and sometimes will pack lunches for multiple days. Make sure to use good containers like lock n lock. I basically have a set of work clothes for 1.5 weeks. That's enough for me. How many ties/dress shirts does one person really need?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #31
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Vacations.

I spend between 10 and 20k a year on vacations. Pretty ridiculous considering I still drive a 99 honda accord.
Worth every penny to me. Travel and vacations are worth it.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #32
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I pack my lunch the previous night and sometimes will pack lunches for multiple days. Make sure to use good containers like lock n lock. I basically have a set of work clothes for 1.5 weeks. That's enough for me. How many ties/dress shirts does one person really need?
yah right? Also, don't forget your cologne.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #33
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

So are we all in agreement cell phones and internet are not wasteful ?
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #34
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Dude, definitely pack a lunch. I only get 30 minutes on my break at work and I find that it is too inconvenient to try and go and drive somewhere, wait in line and bring it back to my office to have it stink up my desk and crap. Somedays I walk to the sandwich shop down a few blocks and get one of them, but the first thing I do when I wake up (and I'm still have retarded) is pack myself a meal. Also, try pack it before you go to bed, put it in your luncjh box and hold it in the fridge. That way it is ready to go!!!

Saves me a lot of money. My best friend at work eats out to the same places at lunch every day. 5 days a week.

Pizza Hut one day. Taco John's next day. BK on Wednesday. Wal-Mart deli on Thursday. Subway Fri.

Spends easily $50 a week (just weekdays) on FF at lunch. . .

lol
30 minutes? Yikes, that's too fast. Plus I never get any enjoyment eating out at lunch all the time and the selections are almost always unhealthy.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #35
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
yah right? Also, don't forget your cologne.
That is what ex-gf's are for.

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #36
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
So are we all in agreement cell phones and internet are not wasteful ?
For me it's not, it's a necessity.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #37
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,880
Default

OP, are you trying to create a list with your wife/kids to hammer down expenses? Grow a pair(=
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #38
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
So are we all in agreement cell phones and internet are not wasteful ?
I think smart phone service is a huge scam. They lose money on the phones so they screw you on the service and lock you into a contract. "You have unlimited internet access, but only 200 text messages, all for $85.00 a month. However, if you want unlimited text messages it's now $150.00 a month. It's either 200 or unlimited, sorry." (just a made up example).

Really?

"You can have this smart phone at 'no cost' but you need to sign a 5 year contract and pay us $100.00 a month for phone and interwebz service." (another made up example).

Really?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #39
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,736

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Video games. I don't even spend that much, but when you consider time wasted on something that will have no bearing on anything in my real life outside of conversation with another nerd, it's a big, big waste of production.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #40
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

I just bought one of these:

http://i.imgur.com/IvuoxcC.jpg?1

But I have big plans for it
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #41
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Video games. I don't even spend that much, but when you consider time wasted on something that will have no bearing on anything in my real life outside of conversation with another nerd, it's a big, big waste of production.
Video games and TV shows. Netflix... I watch WAY too much Netflix.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #42
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think smart phone service is a huge scam. They lose money on the phones so they screw you on the service and lock you into a contract. "You have unlimited internet access, but only 400 text messages, all for $85.00 a month. However, if you want unlimited text messages it's now $150.00 a month." (just a made up example).

Really?

"You can have this smart phone at 'no cost' but you need to sign a 5 year contract and pay us $100.00 a month for phone and interwebz service." (another made up example).

Really?
I have a corp plan and the key is to buy unlock phones. You can always threaten to leave and they will offer freebies. For example, I received 6 months unlimited text messaging for free. If you are on contract they have you by the balls and offer no discounts.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #43
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,880
Default

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned women. Are you all married or the single ones just masturbate all the time? Chasing women is a cost I need to reduce.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #44
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I have a corp plan and the key is to buy unlock phones. You can always threaten to leave and they will offer freebies. For example, I received 6 months unlimited text messaging for free. If you are on contract they have you by the balls and offer no discounts.
I agree completely. Don't get locked into a contract.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #45
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,324

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
So are we all in agreement cell phones and internet are not wasteful ?
I would say both are close to necessities in this day and age.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #46
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,106

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I am married to an Accountant. Wasteful spending? WHAT HE HELL IS THAT

We go over the damn thing quarterly because of my business and all my expenses better be itemized correctly and with receipts. I have not been able to wastefullly spend a dollar in 15 years. If I screw up the budget, she takes it out of my retirement funds and makes me pay it back with Interest

Damn, I love her, but she runs a tight ship and we do really well because of that.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #47
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,387

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think smart phone service is a huge scam. They lose money on the phones so they screw you on the service and lock you into a contract. "You have unlimited internet access, but only 200 text messages, all for $85.00 a month. However, if you want unlimited text messages it's now $150.00 a month. It's either 200 or unlimited, sorry." (just a made up example).

Really?

"You can have this smart phone at 'no cost' but you need to sign a 5 year contract and pay us $100.00 a month for phone and interwebz service." (another made up example).

Really?
I love Virgin Mobile. $35 a month and I essentially get unlimited everything and a phone that does more than I could ever need.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #48
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,109

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
So are we all in agreement cell phones and internet are not wasteful ?
For people paying 75-100+ bucks a month individually for a smartphone it is a waste when better deals can be had. I can't imagine what a family of 4 or 5 with all their kids on the same plan, data charges, etc. ends up to being. Probably too much.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #49
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I love Virgin Mobile. $35 a month and I essentially get unlimited everything and a phone that does more than I could ever need.
That's a great deal!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #50
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
OP, are you trying to create a list with your wife/kids to hammer down expenses? Grow a pair(=
I have no kids. 2 dogs they're almost as bad as kids. Anyways. Nope this is for my shop. I'm tired of hearing I can't believe its going to be 500 bucks to fix my car. So I am going to average out all the totals I get and conform a list that I can read of all the unnecessary things in life that you are willing to pay more for and not complain about. It's going to be what I hope a light way of saying you count on your car more then just about anything quit b****ing because you have to put a little money in it.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Denver Broncos