The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #51
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I would love to see us sign a vet MLB, even the broken down old guy in Chicago would be an upgrade right now.
god no to Urlacher. dude's legs are going to fall off soon.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #52
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I doubt the Broncos pursue Dansby, but it's possible..
I don't know why not. Drop mays and DJ. It's really a no brainer. Hey are contacting pretty much every other FA why not Dansby? Obviously it wasn't in the plan at the start cause he wasn't released yet, but you have to adapt and attack
Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #53
Bmore Manning

Nope just get Dansby.. Irving and Johnson can play special teams. Nobody wants that bum Bradley..
Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #54
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Good post, BI. I'm overreacting to Bradley because I'm in the Phila media market and saw both Bradley and Mays take turns failing at MLB for the Eagles. They couldn't get rid of either fast enough and the fans were happy to see them go. We've already seen Mays fail, I don't want to see the same with Bradley. But you're right, if just a depth signing on the cheap then perhaps nothing to get overly excited about. I'm just hoping for an upgrade at the position because I'm skeptical of Irving. He barely got any run at the position last year and now he's going to be the starter? Will have to trust they know what they're doing, but they certainly didn't with Mays.
Yep. I'm going to calm myself down over this as well. After all, JDR played linebacker in the NFL for eleven years and coached LBs for a couple of years in Baltimore. I'm guessing he knows something about the position.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #55
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

So is Dansby the new "if we don't get him, this off season was a bust" OM meme? Just want to keep up.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #56
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I don't know why not. Drop mays and DJ. It's really a no brainer. Hey are contacting pretty much every other FA why not Dansby? Obviously it wasn't in the plan at the start cause he wasn't released yet, but you have to adapt and attack
I just don't think the Broncos will put a high priority on Dansby, JMHO of course.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #57
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
So is Dansby the new "if we don't get him, this off season was a bust" OM meme? Just want to keep up.
Failure to upgrade the MLB position would be IMO
Old 03-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #58
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Dansby is a versatile player and a guy who has made an impact wherever he goes. The year the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl he was playing lights out. My best friend is a Dolphins fan and he was quite surprised to see that Dansby was released, but he only knew of the Ellerbe signing then they got Phillip Wheeler. Said he played good last year and was a team leader on defense.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #59
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Landing Vasquez and likely landing Knighton will make people content with FA as long as there are no major cock up overpays waiting in the wings.

The draft is it's own beast and how the FO handles Doom is as well, but the free agency period at least isn't looking like a bust - again as long as the FO doesn't do something stupid like giving Mendenhall a multi-year deal or some other stupid ****.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #60
Bacchus

Dansby is a good lber but he is not great. He is about the same quality as DJ.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #61
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #62
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Don't get me wrong, I would love if we could get him at a decent price. I am only saying, it's ridiculous to even suggest that if we don't get Dansby that the FO somehow failed.

Is it that hard to believe, that they are content with Irving and Johnson? I am as nervous about MLB as anyone else after watching Mays stink it up, but perhaps they have a plan involving the draft and what we already have...that they just aren't sharing with those of us here on the Mane.

If we made no other move, and managed to keep Doom...I would be perfectly content with what we've done pre-draft.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #63
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

We can still cut some losers (keep Doom) and be more pro-active. Why keep Mays when Dansby is going to command a similar price and is 50x the player? It wouldn't be a fail, but I sure do hope they at least give his agent a call.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #64
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
We can still cut some losers (keep Doom) and be more pro-active. Why keep Mays when Dansby is going to command a similar price and is 50x the player? It wouldn't be a fail, but I sure do hope they at least give his agent a call.
This!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #65
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Seriously, why is mays still on this team?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #66
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I would love if we could get him at a decent price. I am only saying, it's ridiculous to even suggest that if we don't get Dansby that the FO somehow failed.

Is it that hard to believe, that they are content with Irving and Johnson? I am as nervous about MLB as anyone else after watching Mays stink it up, but perhaps they have a plan involving the draft and what we already have...that they just aren't sharing with those of us here on the Mane.

If we made no other move, and managed to keep Doom...I would be perfectly content with what we've done pre-draft.
Do YOU believe it?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #67
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You are an idiot.

They both came into the league in 2004 discount the 2012 season.

From 2004-20011 Williams had 804 tackles and 20 sacks Dansby had 751 tackles and 30 sacks.

They are about the same. Dansby has maybe been to a Probowl or two back in the day I don't know.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #68
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

Quote:

Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #69
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

It's a little strange that the phins are willing to pay Ellerbe $35m (not sure how much is guaranteed) yet they already had a good MLBer in Dansby. This is how franchises fail IMHO. Dansby is a good MLBer but obviously the phins see something in Ellerbe that Dansby doesn't have. And then the big contract to Wheeler too.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #70
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
You are an idiot.

From 2004-20011 Williams had 804 tackles and 20 sacks Dansby had 751 tackles and 30 sacks.

They are about the same. Dansby has maybe been to a Probowl or two back in the day I don't know.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #71
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
You are an idiot.

...yup. It's definitely ME that's the idiot.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #72
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
It's a little strange that the phins are willing to pay Ellerbe $35m (not sure how much is guaranteed) yet they already had a good MLBer in Dansby. This is how franchises fail IMHO. Dansby is a good MLBer but obviously the phins see something in Ellerbe that Dansby doesn't have. And then the big contract to Wheeler too.
And, let's face it, their success hinges on Tannehill's development.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #73
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Ellerbe is younger. They're setting the foundation for the next 5+ years instead of the next couple
Old 03-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #74
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
And, let's face it, their success hinges on Tannehill's development.
Yep, very much so. I really, really don't understand the phins organization. They draft Tannehill in the first which I'm ok with, he's got lots of upside. But they already had Matt Moore on the team. Why not sit Tannehill for his rookie season, let him learn and develop and then start him this coming year? They were paying Matt Moore a lot of cash, and IMHO they probably would have won just as many games with Moore starting as with Tannehill.

Now they are throwing all this money at Ellerbe and Wheeler when their defense is already pretty good with Dansby as the MLB. Why?

They did bring in Wallace to help but is he gonna really help Tannehill?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #75
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...yup. It's definitely ME that's the idiot.
yup, don't let stats or facts get in your way of a good gif.