The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #51
orangenblue2
High-Priced Free Agent

It's a Miracle!!!

Dude is junk...injury prone, clown, and unpatriotic
orangenblue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #52
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I would rather see them keep Willis and cut KM even though we would only save about $1.8 mil. Willis and Mendenhall would be a great rotation with Hillman as the change of pace back.
You'd rather see your mom back there getting the **** kicked out of her, rather than KM keeping a roster spot.

Seriously dude. I'm almost never around here lately but when I am, I see you talking about cutting KM.
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #53
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozomulsion View Post
You'd rather see your mom back there getting the **** kicked out of her, rather than KM keeping a roster spot.

Seriously dude. I'm almost never around here lately but when I am, I see you talking about cutting KM.
She'd break off 2k in this system. Assuming she will restructure for Doom that is.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #54
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I'm not huge on this, but he has had some productive years. A change of scenery might do him well. A strong running and can get tough yards. If this allows WM or KM to be expendable, so be it. I doubt the team picks up Knowshon's option for 2014 anyways.
Exactly. Wonder which one they're planning on getting rid of.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #55
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Eh. Like the player...

But this guy will need to find the Denver chapter of the 9/11 Truthers.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #56
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
What is the love affair with Stephen Jackson?
lots of posters still think it is 2008 is my guess.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #57
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Exactly. Wonder which one they're planning on getting rid of.
hopefully both. McGahee has served his time and is cooked like dinner. KnoShow just isn't worth the roster spot. Get Mendenhall, draft Le'Veon Bell and use Hillman.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #58
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Willis is gone.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #59
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Hope he doesn't drop the pen.

Anyway, I'm sure Der Gaffo will love him.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #60
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
Seems a great player but sucks as a human.
Really? What makes it seem he's a great player? I don't know about you but I think you throw the word "great" around too easily.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #61
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I guess he's a decent buy low guy, but he's not exactly much of a receiver out of the backfield. Considering Manning has used running backs with receiving ability for huge success in the past (James, Addai), why wouldn't we equip him with someone more versatile? That's why I still think Reggie Bush would be great. But if they sign Mendenhall, i certainly wouldnt sign him for much. He's a headcase who barely played last season. As said, decent buy low candidate, but thats all.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #62
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
It isn't? Damnů
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:57 AM   #63
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Mendenhall meeting with Cardinals so it is far from official that he will be a Bronco.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #64
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Mendenhall still a young player. He may still have better seasons ahead.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #65
Bacchus

Rashard Mendenhall | RB Previous Team: Pittsburgh Exp: 4 years

Analysis: Mendenhall told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he's visiting the Cardinals on Tuesday and flying to Denver to meet with the Broncos on Wednesday. Yahoo! Sports reports Mendenhall is being wooed aggressively by the Dolphins, according to a source familiar with the player's situation.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #66
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Or a lot of people appreciate a back who consistently puts up 1K seasons with ****ty OLs and no pass threat to compliment him (and up until recently a defense that gave up so many points the offense had to go into pass heavy mode by early to mid-second half weekly).

Oh, and that same guy is a proven pass pro stud, who also has some great receiving seasons for an RB under his belt.

All around the exact solution Denver needs. He'd be a short term solution to be sure, but he'd still be a massive upgrade for 2-3 seasons.

Quote:
hopefully both. McGahee has served his time and is cooked like dinner. KnoShow just isn't worth the roster spot. Get Mendenhall, draft Le'Veon Bell and use Hillman.
Mendenhall is another team's Knowshon Moreno. First round RB who's had some worthwhile games but hasn't proven himself to be 1. healthy and 2. productive enough when healthy to sign past his rookie deal.

Only real differences are that Mendenhall is an a-hole and Moreno can catch, which makes him a better fit for the Manning offense.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #67
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Or a lot of people appreciate a back who consistently puts up 1K seasons with ****ty OLs and no pass threat to compliment him (and up until recently a defense that gave up so many points the offense had to go into pass heavy mode by early to mid-second half weekly).

Oh, and that same guy is a proven pass pro stud, who also has some great receiving seasons for an RB under his belt.

All around the exact solution Denver needs. He'd be a short term solution to be sure, but he'd still be a massive upgrade for 2-3 seasons.

Mendenhall is another team's Knowshon Moreno. First round RB who's had some worthwhile games but hasn't proven himself to be 1. healthy and 2. productive enough when healthy to sign past his rookie deal.

Only real differences are that Mendenhall is an a-hole and Moreno can catch, which makes him a better fit for the Manning offense.
Killing them with truth! Couldn't agree more... Good post!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #68
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

Klis is saying its Mendenhall is looking for a one year deal, i could deal with that.
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #69
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

Rep. But I was told by a poster on the Mane that Jackson has never been a difference maker in 9 years and that the Rams offensive line is above-average or at least middle of the pack. . .
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #70
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Rep. But I was told by a poster on the Mane that Jackson has never been a difference maker in 9 years and that the Rams offensive line is above-average or at least middle of the pack. . .
I live in St. Louis. The Rams would already have a new stadium picked out in L.A. if Jackson hadn't been here over the last 9 years.

He's the modern day Floyd Little. You'd think Bronco fans of all people would respect what he's been doing for the duration of his career to this point. Now that the Rams are finally looking decent they want to go young, doesn't mean Jackson can't come in, have a 3:1 carry split with Hillman, and be a massive addition to this offense.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #71
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I live in St. Louis. The Rams would already have a new stadium picked out in L.A. if Jackson hadn't been here over the last 9 years.

He's the modern day Floyd Little. You'd think Bronco fans of all people would respect what he's been doing for the duration of his career to this point. Now that the Rams are finally looking decent they want to go young, doesn't mean Jackson can't come in, have a 3:1 carry split with Hillman, and be a massive addition to this offense.
I agree on all points. I can still remember his 1,500 + yard and 90 catch season. I mean, wtf. How many backs catch 90 balls? He almost had 1,500 yards rushing and 1,000 receiving. I don't know if that ever happened, but it was one of the most impressive all-around performances by an NFL player in an entire season. They don't have a Pace/Timmerman anymore though. Wherever Jackson goes, I wish him the best. Hopefully he gets a ring because I honestly believe he is HOF worthy, especially if he can put up two more 1,000 yard years. Every bit as deserving as Curtis Martin.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #72
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Packers Want Jackson on the Cheap

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-on-the-cheap/
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #73
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Jackson takes the Broncos to the SB.

Mendenhall? To press conference after press conference discussing what a ****head he is and why the crucial fumble, etc.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #74
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Huh? That doesn't even make sense. Are you trying to say that he hasn't done anything since 2008? Statistically, 2008 was actually a down year for him.

Steven Jackson has averaged 1,211 rushing yards and 340 receiving yards from 2009-2012. Boy, he really sucks.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #75
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Jackson takes the Broncos to the SB.

Mendenhall? To press conference after press conference discussing what a ****head he is and why the crucial fumble, etc.
Agreed. Mendy is a mess. Jackson has some serious fuel in the tank still and would really bust it playing for a winner.