The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Default Trade Twilight?

So if Twilight really would be one of the top QBs in this draft if he would have stayed at ASU, is it too early to explore the market for him? I think we should explore it now that PFM proved he can still play, passed his physical and re-upped, especially in our win now mode, but what can we get for him? Thoughts? Go...

Last edited by tesnyde; 03-12-2013 at 08:45 PM..
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Your post count is fitting based on this one, wow
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Not my post count but my asset, investment, ROI, and background in being an analysts who generates above-average returns. He is an asset that could provide a return worth more than his current value to our team.. That is a worthwhile business decision. Sunk cost should be ignored, but if the return is greater than the investment it should be explored.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

What he means is...

Lay off the Drugs pal!

Your certainly doing your rodent dropping duties.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

lolwut

I don't think they drafted Brock to be a "plan b" in case Manning goes down.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

What is with the lame thread titles today. It is worded like it is a rumor. Why not use something that makes sense like "Why not trade Twilight?"
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #7
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesnyde View Post
Not my post count but my asset, investment, ROI, and background in being an analysts who generates above-average returns. He is an asset that could provide a return worth more than his current value to our team.. That is a worthwhile business decision. Sunk cost should be ignored, but if the return is greater than the investment it should be explored.
Have you ever thought that Elway might value him as a top ten pick? That is, his pet project might be worth the 10th overall pick, but if he had the 10th pick he would pursue Ozzy.

See what I'm saying...
Old 03-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Ok, so you want to get analytical, and really have this conversation. What you are basing your idea of return on is clearly the league trend of getting second round picks for back up Quarterbacks. What you fail to realize, or forgot to include in your analysis, is most of the backups who have been dealt in the past have seen significant playing time. Now you clearly stated that because Osweiler could have stayed in college, and could have been a concinsous top pick that, that is his actual value; your wrong. Osweiler did not stay in college, and his value has been assessed as a second round draft pick, but like a car whose driven off the lot, his value has deminished until he proves otherwise. That's where you are making the mistake.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #9
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Yeah, do you often just take wild guesses at future returns based on no actual real information before trading an asset? Because, as of right now, that's what you have on Brock. My guess is that with most of your deals you actually have some substantial data to build a model off of. Or do you just shoot from the hip and hope it works out in the end?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
Have you ever thought that Elway might value him as a top ten pick? That is, his pet project might be worth the 10th overall pick, but if he had the 10th pick he would pursue Ozzy.

See what I'm saying...
I get it. I am just thinking that if we can parlay him into an immediate assets that helps today, it is worth asking the question. For example, the Bills are desperate. What would they offer? After that pirated phone call, they seem desperate for a franchise QB. Fortune favors the brave.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Yeah, do you often just take wild guesses at future returns based on no actual real information before trading an asset? Because, as of right now, that's what you have on Brock. My guess is that with most of your deals you actually have some substantial data to build a model off of. Or do you just shoot from the hip and hope it works out in the end?
Your right. I use data and I am dedicated to the Baldrige Cirteria for Performance Excellence, which often starts with meeting with my cabinet, asking questions and aligning them with our goals. I'm just asking the question. Do we believe he is worth more in the future than now, or visa a versa? What are our goals? Does he aligne with them? In this case our goal is win now. Does he contribute to that? You tell me. I don't think he does. On the other hand, level five leadership states you must have long term success. My position probably puts that at risk, but $40m says win today.

Last edited by tesnyde; 03-12-2013 at 09:12 PM..
Old 03-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Your right. I use data and I am dedicated to the Baldrige Cirteria for Performance Excellence, which often starts with meeting with my cabinet, asking questions and aligning them with our goals. I'm just asking the question. Do we believe he is worth more in the future than now, or visa a versa? What are our goals? Does he aligne with them? In this case our goal is win now. Does he contribute to that? You tell me. I don't think he does. On the other hand, level five leadership states you must have long term success. My position probably puts that at risk, but $40m says win today.
So now you are just throwing around buzzwords you learned in a cool week long seminar? Careful, pretty soon we are going to call your DomCasual...... or worse yet..... Hotrod!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Nope, I read Titan's thread about the QB club Meeting with Cecil Lammy who said Oss has developed while here but he is our current BU (We do need someone to mop up during the blowouts) and they are building a team for him to take over like Rodgers did when they finally ran Farver out of town. If we traded him away for some desperate franchise who had recently been caught on a taped phone conversations I don't no what we could use to draft instead. Then we would have to draft yet another BU QB. Someone who would be as good as Oss or better... Lets be happy to have Qss in the backup role learning and getting TC/PS reps. The sooner we win a SB the sooner PM should be gone. and it will all be about Oss hype.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #14
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

he's the next QB up after Manning. he's not getting traded.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #15
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Nope, I read Titan's thread about the QB club Meeting with Cecil Lammy who said Oss has developed while here but he is our current BU (We do need someone to mop up during the blowouts) and they are building a team for him to take over like Rodgers did when they finally ran Farver out of town. If we traded him away for some desperate franchise who had recently been caught on a taped phone conversations I don't no what we could use to draft instead. Then we would have to draft yet another BU QB. Someone who would be as good as Oss or better... Lets be happy to have Qss in the backup role learning and getting TC/PS reps. The sooner we win a SB the sooner PM should be gone. and it will all be about Oss hype.
I agree with this post.... I think. Can I ask if you're drunk, though? Your grammar is usually spot-on.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:50 AM   #16
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So if Twilight really would be one of the top QBs in this draft if he would have stayed at ASU, is it too early to explore the market for him? I think we should explore it now that PFM proved he can still play, passed his physical and re-upped, especially in our win now mode, but what can we get for him? Thoughts? Go...
Manning is also closing in on 40, what kind of investment experience do you have that makes you think betting everything on one short term payout and having no insurance behind it's potential failure or value decline is the way to go?
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:41 AM   #17
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Succession Planning. The reason they drafted a QB so early last year was so they could develop their succession plan. Ditching that plan now and starting with a new plan now puts them a year behind... Unless you think they should just throw a season in 2015 and hope that Johnny Football is the next RGIII?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #18
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Our HOF QB/GM hand picked this kid, he's not going anywhere.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #19
Bacchus

Quote:
I get it. I am just thinking that if we can parlay him into an immediate assets that helps today, it is worth asking the question. For example, the Bills are desperate. What would they offer? After that pirated phone call, they seem desperate for a franchise QB. Fortune favors the brave.
The basic theory that Oz would have been a 1st rounder IF he would have played ball last year is just that. A theory and he needed to play ball last year. Sitting one year behind Denver means that he is worth a late second most likely a 3rd.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #20
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Must have been a large earthquake in Colorado today... Knocked the stupid from the trees.
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #21
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

You're going to have a very hard time defending this idea. None of your arguments so far sound reasonable.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #22
lolcopter

Another idiotic OP

Yay offseason
Old 03-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #23
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
His value is low since he hasn't seen the field. I would say he's worth less today than where he was drafted.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #24
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Wesley Woodyard will play like a man hell bent on destruction this year.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #25
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Short sighted. Win now is important, but so is the future.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote