The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #76
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Don't understand the Rooney snub. Why sit him? Coming in at the 70? some minute mark down 1-2. odd. And your right about the tactics. I don't like that style of play.

Drogba was superhuman for Chelsea last year during the champions league.

I have read that they are talking about the winner of the Europa league could get an auto qualifier for the champions league. I think that's a great idea.
Evidently Rooney is on his way out. It should interesting to see who sir Alex goes after if that is true
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #77
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Anything of course is possible in club football. And with Rooney's staggering salary coupled with the fact that Ferguson is still upset about Rooney holding out a couple of years ago, I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone. If so however, United should have sold him last year when they would have gotten twice as much as they'll get this coming off-season. Not convinced Welbeck or Hernandez are suitable replacements though. Even with the fitness and commitment issues, I still think United would be crazy to get rid of him.

I'm not sure I see Rooney being a regular in top tier teams, such as Manchester City, Bayern, Madrid or Barcelona; they all just have too much talent to ensure regular playing time. There are few other teams that could afford his wage demands and I don't really see him playing for a 2nd tier club. So in effect, Rooney needs to be careful how he plays this, if United hasn't already made the decision.

If they do sell Rooney though, I don't think Ferguson will necessarily go after anyone significant. I think he see's Welbeck and Hernandez as serviceable with Van Pierse as the real "replacement". And don't forget they just signed Kagawa who can play in that deep role that Rooney plays best just behind the single striker. So although they may sign a marginal or younger replacement, they don't a one for one swap that can start from day 1.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #78
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Rooney scored perhaps one of the worst defended free kicks I've ever seen. lolChelsea. Oh yeah, don't start John Terry either. David Luiz wut?

I guess Gus Johnson is ok, not my favorite, but he messes up the player names quite a bit. For example, he keeps getting Hernandez and Rooney mixed up. How is that even possible Pretty embarrassing. But this other yahoo they have on here is terrible. Not even going to bother finding out what his name is. He sounds like some dad trying to commentate on his kids game on a home DVD or something.

I much prefer when FSC just taps into the local announcers, i.e., the Martin Tylers of the world. Don't like it when they try to "Americanize" the callers, just always turns out bad since they are below par.

Last edited by Atwater His Ass; 03-10-2013 at 10:16 AM..
Old 03-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #79
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I agree Gus Johnson doing EPL games just doesn't sound right.

BTW with amount of talent the Blues have on that team, why aren't they better There is something fundamentally wrong with that club.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #80
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Roman Abramovich.

Doesn't matter the players you buy if you can't establish any sense of club stability. Di Matteo wins the champions league for him and his reward is to be fired during the next season.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #81
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Roman Abramovich.

Doesn't matter the players you buy if you can't establish any sense of club stability. Di Matteo wins the champions league for him and his reward is to be fired during the next season.
He is the George Steinbrenner of EPL. Hazard really energized that team when he came on, he going to be very special soon.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #82
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They definately have a ton of fire power with their attacking players. If they could be allowed to stabalize with a system and a manger for a few seasons, they could be really special.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #83
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I still think they need a striker, Torres has lost it and Ba is alright. I could see them making a play for Cavani of Napoli. That would be scary.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #84
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Would be hilarious if they bought Rooney. But he doesn't really fit well for their current sole striker approach.

Hey, but maybe they'll hire an non-interim manager and they'll change it up again. I use the term "non-interim" to mean at least 1 but no more than 2 full seasons in charge!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #85
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Barcelona completly dismanteling AC Milan 4-0.....milan played like **** the entire match and couldn't even manage to defend AT ALL with reach in tackles and fouls all game....at least if that is your game plan, just execute it. More so when you're an Italian club and that style is in your DNA...

Hilarious, because all they needed to do was play a little bit positive and try to get a single goal which would have changed everything for them. For them to come out in that negative style, they deserved what they got and I was happy to see Barcelona take it to them and be successful while doing it.

Losing 4-0 while playing defensive counter-attacking football is a humiliation....why not, even after halftime, come out and attack and fight for the win? An away goal means so much...but they just wanted to grind it out, keep Barca from scoring and go for the eventual penalties. ****'em.

First time in the history of champions league a play a team came back to win the tie after losing the first leg 2-0.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #86
Muddled
Seasoned Veteran

passing through

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Foxworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
He is the George Steinbrenner of EPL. Hazard really energized that team when he came on, he going to be very special soon.
Pretty good at kicking ballboys too.
Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #87
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Even more good news. Fabian Johnson may miss both qualifiers now.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #88
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Even more good news. Fabian Johnson may miss both qualifiers now.
We will see if US Soccer has done its job and got the depth a WC contender needs to be successful.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #89
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
He was special at Lille. I liked him a lot.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #90
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Barcelona completly dismanteling AC Milan 4-0.....milan played like **** the entire match and couldn't even manage to defend AT ALL with reach in tackles and fouls all game....at least if that is your game plan, just execute it. More so when you're an Italian club and that style is in your DNA...

Hilarious, because all they needed to do was play a little bit positive and try to get a single goal which would have changed everything for them. For them to come out in that negative style, they deserved what they got and I was happy to see Barcelona take it to them and be successful while doing it.

Losing 4-0 while playing defensive counter-attacking football is a humiliation....why not, even after halftime, come out and attack and fight for the win? An away goal means so much...but they just wanted to grind it out, keep Barca from scoring and go for the eventual penalties. ****'em.

First time in the history of champions league a play a team came back to win the tie after losing the first leg 2-0.
Amazing performance!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #91
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Bayern versus Arsenal.

Porto v Malaga

On soon.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #92
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Arsenal played like crap, couldn't string any passes together. The best pass of the game was in the 3rd minute when Walcott setup Girourd. It was all down hill from there.

I always do enjoy watching a world class player in Robben who cannot use his right foot at all. I never understand how the defender ever falls for it when he cuts to his left foot. He does it EVERY TIME.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #93
spiralism

Quote:
Arsenal played like crap, couldn't string any passes together. The best pass of the game was in the 3rd minute when Walcott setup Girourd. It was all down hill from there.

I always do enjoy watching a world class player in Robben who cannot use his right foot at all. I never understand how the defender ever falls for it when he cuts to his left foot. He does it EVERY TIME.
Bayern were even worse. Looked so complacent tonight. Robben is a one trick pony yes. He's also a greedy **** who hides in the big matches (two missed 1v1s in world cup final, missed penalty last champs league final)
Old 03-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #94
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Bayern were even worse. Looked so complacent tonight. Robben is a one trick pony yes. He's also a greedy **** who hides in the big matches (two missed 1v1s in world cup final, missed penalty last champs league final)
squeaked by on away goals. When he's off, he's ****ing off. And yah he hasn't been in form since 2010.

And Malaga?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #95
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
He was special at Lille. I liked him a lot.
I thought he was really good in Ligue 1, but I wanted to see how he played in EPL, which has better competition and more physical play.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #96
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quarter-final draw
Málaga CF (ESP) v Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Real Madrid CF (ESP) v Galatasaray AŞ (TUR)
Paris Saint-Germain FC (FRA) v FC Barcelona (ESP)
FC Bayern München (GER) v Juventus (ITA)

Ties take place on 2/3 and 9/10 April.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #97
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Some nice match ups. Ughhh, didn't want to see PSG draw Barca. Juve and Bayern should be a heck of a match.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #98
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quarter-finals (4 & 11 April)*
Chelsea FC (ENG) v FC Rubin Kazan (RUS)
Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG) v FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
Fenerbahçe SK (TUR) v S.S. Lazio (ITA)
SL Benfica (POR) v Newcastle United FC (ENG)

* All games kick off at 21.05CET except the Rubin v Chelsea second leg, which begins at 18.00CET
Old 03-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #99
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

whois going to the WC qualifier tonight? seats are fairly affordable, i would go if i was in Denver.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #100
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Denmark just pummelled the Czech Republic 3-0 in the qualifier.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote