The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Report: Immigration costs Miami-Dade schools $22 million a year

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/0...sts-miami.html

According to a report released last week, the district pays $22 million each year to educate new students who come to South Florida from other countries and enroll in K-12 classes. The report says close to 1,000 new immigrant students enter Miami-Dade classes on average each month — totaling about 11,000 a year — costing about $2,000 more per student than those who come from South Florida and don’t require additional language services.

The “Immigration Impact Briefing,” compiled at the request of Miami-Dade School Board member and Republican political consultant Carlos Curbelo, says the extra $22 million — a conservative estimate — is not reimbursed by federal or state funds. Translation: It comes from Miami-Dade taxpayers.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/0...#storylink=cpy
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

I support a LEGAL immigration policy; our current one does need amending as I personally know 6 fellow professionals who are awaiting citizenship while working in 6 figure highly educated jobs (healthcare).....I highly doubt that all 11,000 new students integrated into the Miami Dade School system are LEGAL residents of the UNITED STATES.....
Old 03-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

"bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses..."
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
"bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses..."
"LEGALLY......."
Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
I support a LEGAL immigration policy; our current one does need amending as I personally know 6 fellow professionals who are awaiting citizenship while working in 6 figure highly educated jobs (healthcare).....I highly doubt that all 11,000 new students integrated into the Miami Dade School system are LEGAL residents of the UNITED STATES.....
But at least some are.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
But at least some are.
"At least I got some questions correct....."---that worked for you in school? Interesting...
Old 03-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
"At least I got some questions correct....."---that worked for you in school? Interesting...
Got enough questions correct to graduate cum lade with a post-graduate degree. It worked for me.

You missed the point. Its ok.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Got enough questions correct to graduate cum lade with a post-graduate degree. It worked for me.

You missed the point. Its ok.
your point that because SOME immigrants are legal that therefore ALL of the spending that Miami Dade residents are being asked to undertake is in fact okay with you strikes me as being misguided at best............
Old 03-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #9
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

What was the pejorative term for Italians migrating to America, BroncoFan7?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #10
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Pizza Man.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #11
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Pizza Man.
I was just curious, because you called DenverBrit the Italian pejorative for a black person.

You seem to have an obsession with the African-American community and "crime" -- yet seem to not give a care about the rise in crime in major American cities thanks in part to the organized Italian-American mafioso.

Care to tell us about this?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #12
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I was just curious, because you called DenverBrit the Italian pejorative for a black person.

You seem to have an obsession with the African-American community and "crime" -- yet seem to not give a care about the rise in crime in major American cities thanks in part to the organized Italian-American mafioso.

we aren't living in 1910-1950. The world we live in NOW the vast majority of urban crime is a BLACK AND BROWN PROBLEM. Not an Italian one.

want proof??

Here you go you misguided, mouth breathing leftist self hating delusional bigot................http://colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf
Old 03-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #13
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Organized crime is a multi-ethnic enterprise.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #14
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:

and I think it was he who made the semantic argument that because the people who reside in what is now called Italy didn't call themselves "Italian" during the Roman age that that meant somehow the center piece of the Roman empire was not in fact based on Italian culture.....because they didn't "call themselves Italian" --what pure disingenuous hogwash.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #15
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
and I think it was he who made the semantic argument that because the people who reside in what is now called Italy didn't call themselves "Italian" during the Roman age that that meant somehow the center piece of the Roman empire was not in fact based on Italian culture.....because they didn't "call themselves Italian" --what pure disingenuous hogwash.
You just don't get it. Lol.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #16
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Actually it was me. And it's true. Do some reading. Italians were looked down upon and treated like **** by the Romans for hundreds of years. Care to explain why there was so much animosity against Gaius Marius? What did you think the Italian Social War? The Romans were basically using the Italian troops as cannon fodder against the Germanic tribes...why? Because Italians aren't worth a **** (according to Romans). If you called yourself an Italian to a Roman, they would have laughed at you.

Lets also talk again about that multi-region migration theory that supports the idea that humans have interbred through the duration of their evolutionary journey, and as a result has completely blown out of the water your absurd idea that humans of one race are evolutionarily different than others.

Awwwww. Sad racist is sad. And lacking in education.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #17
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I wonder if TXTEBOW even knows about the cross-cultural diversity that existed in the Roman Empire, lol. NAH MAN WE ALL ITALIANS!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Double post rep.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #19
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
I wonder if TXTEBOW even knows about the cross-cultural diversity that existed in the Roman Empire, lol. NAH MAN WE ALL ITALIANS!!!!
Silly rabbit. The vast expanses of territory made roman citizenship for non Italians essential; and that expansion of the term roman also coincided with their demIse; much as the USA has been. A Eurocentric nation and is now crumbling under the weight of brown and black cultural deviancies
Old 03-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Silly rabbit. The vast expanses of territory made roman citizenship for non Italians essential; and that expansion of the term roman also coincided with their demIse; much as the USA has been. A Eurocentric nation and is now crumbling under the weight of brown and black cultural deviancies
If you're making that claim and know anything about Roman History, you're essentially making the claim that the downfall of the Roman Empire started with the acceptance of Italians as Roman citizens.

So again, thanks.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #21
nyuk nyuk

The US is the third world's welfare office, here legally or otherwise, while those who profit off their cheaper labor wipe their butts in 100s.