The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Report: Immigration costs Miami-Dade schools $22 million a year

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/0...sts-miami.html

According to a report released last week, the district pays $22 million each year to educate new students who come to South Florida from other countries and enroll in K-12 classes. The report says close to 1,000 new immigrant students enter Miami-Dade classes on average each month — totaling about 11,000 a year — costing about $2,000 more per student than those who come from South Florida and don’t require additional language services.

The “Immigration Impact Briefing,” compiled at the request of Miami-Dade School Board member and Republican political consultant Carlos Curbelo, says the extra $22 million — a conservative estimate — is not reimbursed by federal or state funds. Translation: It comes from Miami-Dade taxpayers.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/0...#storylink=cpy
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

I support a LEGAL immigration policy; our current one does need amending as I personally know 6 fellow professionals who are awaiting citizenship while working in 6 figure highly educated jobs (healthcare).....I highly doubt that all 11,000 new students integrated into the Miami Dade School system are LEGAL residents of the UNITED STATES.....
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,161

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

"bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses..."
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
"bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses..."
"LEGALLY......."
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,881

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
I support a LEGAL immigration policy; our current one does need amending as I personally know 6 fellow professionals who are awaiting citizenship while working in 6 figure highly educated jobs (healthcare).....I highly doubt that all 11,000 new students integrated into the Miami Dade School system are LEGAL residents of the UNITED STATES.....
But at least some are.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
But at least some are.
"At least I got some questions correct....."---that worked for you in school? Interesting...
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,881

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
"At least I got some questions correct....."---that worked for you in school? Interesting...
Got enough questions correct to graduate cum lade with a post-graduate degree. It worked for me.

You missed the point. Its ok.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Got enough questions correct to graduate cum lade with a post-graduate degree. It worked for me.

You missed the point. Its ok.
your point that because SOME immigrants are legal that therefore ALL of the spending that Miami Dade residents are being asked to undertake is in fact okay with you strikes me as being misguided at best............
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #9
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

What was the pejorative term for Italians migrating to America, BroncoFan7?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #10
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Pizza Man.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #11
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Pizza Man.
I was just curious, because you called DenverBrit the Italian pejorative for a black person.

You seem to have an obsession with the African-American community and "crime" -- yet seem to not give a care about the rise in crime in major American cities thanks in part to the organized Italian-American mafioso.

Care to tell us about this?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #12
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I was just curious, because you called DenverBrit the Italian pejorative for a black person.

You seem to have an obsession with the African-American community and "crime" -- yet seem to not give a care about the rise in crime in major American cities thanks in part to the organized Italian-American mafioso.

Care to tell us about this?
we aren't living in 1910-1950. The world we live in NOW the vast majority of urban crime is a BLACK AND BROWN PROBLEM. Not an Italian one.

want proof??

Here you go you misguided, mouth breathing leftist self hating delusional bigot................http://colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #13
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Organized crime is a multi-ethnic enterprise.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #14
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I was just curious, because you called DenverBrit the Italian pejorative for a black person.

You seem to have an obsession with the African-American community and "crime" -- yet seem to not give a care about the rise in crime in major American cities thanks in part to the organized Italian-American mafioso.

Care to tell us about this?
and I think it was he who made the semantic argument that because the people who reside in what is now called Italy didn't call themselves "Italian" during the Roman age that that meant somehow the center piece of the Roman empire was not in fact based on Italian culture.....because they didn't "call themselves Italian" --what pure disingenuous hogwash.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #15
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
and I think it was he who made the semantic argument that because the people who reside in what is now called Italy didn't call themselves "Italian" during the Roman age that that meant somehow the center piece of the Roman empire was not in fact based on Italian culture.....because they didn't "call themselves Italian" --what pure disingenuous hogwash.
You just don't get it. Lol.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #16
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
and I think it was he who made the semantic argument that because the people who reside in what is now called Italy didn't call themselves "Italian" during the Roman age that that meant somehow the center piece of the Roman empire was not in fact based on Italian culture.....because they didn't "call themselves Italian" --what pure disingenuous hogwash.
Actually it was me. And it's true. Do some reading. Italians were looked down upon and treated like **** by the Romans for hundreds of years. Care to explain why there was so much animosity against Gaius Marius? What did you think the Italian Social War? The Romans were basically using the Italian troops as cannon fodder against the Germanic tribes...why? Because Italians aren't worth a **** (according to Romans). If you called yourself an Italian to a Roman, they would have laughed at you.

Lets also talk again about that multi-region migration theory that supports the idea that humans have interbred through the duration of their evolutionary journey, and as a result has completely blown out of the water your absurd idea that humans of one race are evolutionarily different than others.

Awwwww. Sad racist is sad. And lacking in education.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #17
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

I wonder if TXTEBOW even knows about the cross-cultural diversity that existed in the Roman Empire, lol. NAH MAN WE ALL ITALIANS!!!!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Double post rep.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #19
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I wonder if TXTEBOW even knows about the cross-cultural diversity that existed in the Roman Empire, lol. NAH MAN WE ALL ITALIANS!!!!
Silly rabbit. The vast expanses of territory made roman citizenship for non Italians essential; and that expansion of the term roman also coincided with their demIse; much as the USA has been. A Eurocentric nation and is now crumbling under the weight of brown and black cultural deviancies
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Silly rabbit. The vast expanses of territory made roman citizenship for non Italians essential; and that expansion of the term roman also coincided with their demIse; much as the USA has been. A Eurocentric nation and is now crumbling under the weight of brown and black cultural deviancies
If you're making that claim and know anything about Roman History, you're essentially making the claim that the downfall of the Roman Empire started with the acceptance of Italians as Roman citizens.

So again, thanks.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #21
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The US is the third world's welfare office, here legally or otherwise, while those who profit off their cheaper labor wipe their butts in 100s.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Denver Broncos