The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #476
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I was responding to an equally disingenuous argument with one of my own, if you want better quality responses from me don't post **** like "without Peyton we were 8-8, now we're a Super Bowl contender". Ignoring that the previous QB got us to that 8-8 record despite the FO's best efforts to the contrary (trading Lloyd post-haste when they made the switch) and his predecessor's 1-4 start, or that being a Super Bowl contender now just requires you to make it into the divisional round when last year that apparently wasn't good enough.
I'm not just saying without Manning we were 8-8. I'm saying without him we would have been that (or worse) again. I'm not sure what part of going 13-3 and clearly being one of the top 5 teams in the league you don't understand, and how without Manning this wouldn't have remotely been possible. We just got beat on a fluke play and poor officiating by the Super Bowl champions.

Of course we all want to keep Doom. But the FO doesn't want to pay him $12 million this year and he understandably won't accept the pay cut they offered him. I think they'll figure out a way to survive the loss.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #477
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why were they ok with paying him $14 last season if they're not ok with $12 this season?
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #478
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ Further to my argument about the importance of the QB...

Quote:
On Friday afternoon, Buffalo GM Buddy Nix and Tampa Bay GM Mark Dominik shot the sh*t for about six minutes. They talked about their impending free agents, their frustration with a new three-day negotiating window, and the major handicap of not having a franchise quarterback. They had no idea that a pair of pranksters had set the whole chat up, or that those pranksters were still on the line, listening in…

...The two acknowledge how many problems can be solved just by having a dependable QB. “If you get one, everything’s easy,” Nix says. As director of player personnel for the Chargers, he recalls having Drew Brees and Philip Rivers. In the draft, you can “take the best on the board. Don’t worry about it.“Dominik recalls telling Colts GM Ryan Grigson, “Look, you got the best gig in the National Football League. I mean, you got a quarterback the first pick, you’re a genius for 10 years now.”
http://deadspin.com/pranksters-recor...y-ov-452366184

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...erbacks-matter

Two NFL GM's agree with me. As if there was any doubt to begin with. Of course some of you crybabies are upset about PM's contract. Sigh.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #479
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Why were they ok with paying him $14 last season if they're not ok with $12 this season?
Last year's cash budget vs. this year's. Last year's salary cap (current and forward looking) considerations vs. this year's. Different personnel and scheme plans last year vs. this year. Etc.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #480
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Last year's cash budget vs. this year's. Last year's salary cap (current and forward looking) considerations vs. this year's. Different personnel and scheme plans last year vs. this year. Etc.
How much actual cash did they spend last year?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #481
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Last year's salary cap (current and forward looking) considerations vs. this year's.
Calling bull**** on the cap concerns. You don't get any cap value by leaving $5 million dead cap money on the table cutting a Pro Bowl Top-10 DE making Top-10ish money.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #482
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
^ Further to my argument about the importance of the QB...

http://deadspin.com/pranksters-recor...y-ov-452366184

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...erbacks-matter

Two NFL GM's agree with me. As if there was any doubt to begin with. Of course some of you crybabies are upset about PM's contract. Sigh.
people say dumb things sometimes. they apparently think franchise QB's grow on trees and bypassed the issues at QB after Elway and the rancid QB play before Manning.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #483
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Calling bull**** on the cap concerns. You don't get any cap value by leaving $5 million dead cap money on the table cutting a Pro Bowl Top-10 DE making Top-10ish money.
It's a little more complicated than that.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #484
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You sure he is Top 10? Include 3-4 OLB.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #485
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You sure he is Top 10? Include 3-4 OLB.
In QB pressures, yes.

Including everyone in the NFL.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #486
TonyR
Franchise Poster

According to PFT, via Klis/DP, Broncos won't release Doom until they have a replacement (or Saturday, whichever comes first)...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-is-in-place/

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...medium=twitter
Old 03-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #487
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
According to PFT, via Klis/DP, Broncos won't release Doom until they have a replacement (or Saturday, whichever comes first)...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-is-in-place/

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...medium=twitter
Elway is a evil genius.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #488
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Source: Elvis Dumervil is now willing to take a pay cut. His side has exchanged a proposal with the Broncos, hasn't heard back since 4
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote