The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
no, pretty much all reports say they want to reduce his salary not restructure his deal. If it were a cap restructure it probably would have been done. I think what Doom wants is to play for the $$$$ he signed up for. If he can't do that, he would probably like to be released in time to make as close to that amount as possible. I'm finding it hard to blame Doom for his role in this.
And I'm sure the Broncos want him to produce what he was producing when they signed him to the $$$$ he signed up for. He's not come close to 17 sacks at all since either.....which is a huge reason he got his big payday. Maybe the Broncos expect him to get 17 sacks every season for that kind of money....who knows?

And I'm no capologist, but reducing his salary is impossible without restructuring his contract correct?

and if he decided not to that is his decision to make. I don't expect anyone to take a pay cut if they feel they're deserving of their salary....but by the same token the contract also allows the team to release said player if they feel he's not worth his contract anymore.....

Keep in mind when he signed the contract it was after his monster 17 sack season in '09....he promptly missed the next season and hasn't made it through a full season but twice since he signed that huge deal. The Broncos evidently feel he's not worth what they're paying him anymore....it happens.

As for blaming him....I am not blaming him. I'm just stating that he can remain a Bronco if he restructures. The Broncos cannot be expected to pay him a butt load of money anymore than he should be expected to take a pay cut.

hopefully he and the Broncos can come to an agreement...if not, thanks for the memories Doom and good luck wherever you land.

Last edited by errand; 03-11-2013 at 07:51 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote