The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #51
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,209

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Well the Broncos can like what they will, but I prefer if she keeps her lawn at least mowed.
Fully agree, I definitely prefer putting on a well-trimmed green rather than whacking around like a madman from the deep rough.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #52
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,752

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
How does he block? It seems like unless we develop some type of play that involves 2 RBs this would telegraph a run play instantly.
Not really, because he could go out in routes and be a dump off valve because he catches the pass so well. He's decent at blocking because of his size but it's not a strength of his.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #53
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I compared Reggie Bush's stats to Willis McGahee's stats. They are virtually identical. Last year, McGahee averaged 4.4 ypc and 8.5 receiving yards. Bush averaged 4.3 ypc and 8.3 receiving yards. Now, Steven Jackson is a bigger back than both of them (6-2, 240) and has a distinct advantage in receiving yards. His worst year (2010) showed he had a 6.3 receiving yards average. Most of his receiving yards averaged in the 8 and 9 yard range. He would clearly make the ground game better...
Averages yes, but Bush had more touches as well, 227 carries and 35 receptions to Willis having 167 carries and 26 receptions. Bush had 8 TDs to Willis' 4 and he had one less fumble (4) than Willis, and 2 fewer lost (2 to his 4).

I like Willis, no question...but Bush would be the better option of the 2, IMO. I would love SJ here though.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #54
SlyEli
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I compared Reggie Bush's stats to Willis McGahee's stats. They are virtually identical. Last year, McGahee averaged 4.4 ypc and 8.5 receiving yards. Bush averaged 4.3 ypc and 8.3 receiving yards. Now, Steven Jackson is a bigger back than both of them (6-2, 240) and has a distinct advantage in receiving yards. His worst year (2010) showed he had a 6.3 receiving yards average. Most of his receiving yards averaged in the 8 and 9 yard range. He would clearly make the ground game better...
Except bush was the lone threat in his offense. And McGahee benefitted from a Peyton manning led passing game.

I'd be down for bush if they drafted lacy. Young thunder and lightning combo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #55
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Bartlett at IAOFM likes the Bush idea and has some good thoughts on it here:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...pering-edition
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #56
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,809
Default

i'm all for this signing at the right price. he addresses a lot of needs in one signing. we can split him out at slot, use him on returns that we don't trust Holliday on instead of using Jim L or worse.

plus, Manning loves him some receiving RB's.
would really have liked Jackson but Bush fits nicely too.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #57
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,334
Default

This is what I was saying after the season ended. Moreno's receiving ability was a real difference maker for this offense. Bush takes that to the next level. Team him with a bull via draft or FA and develop Hillman as the change of pace from Bush and we're looking good at RB.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #58
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

It was already said, but basically he's what Knowshon should have been.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #59
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Bartlett at IAOFM likes the Bush idea and has some good thoughts on it here:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...pering-edition
that's a much better take than Doug's earlier post.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #60
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

i like Bush over Jackson. Not sure what Jackson brings that Moreno/McGahee doesn't.

Bush is a game breaker...we dont have that kind of elusive speed on the team. Im all for this
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #61
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,500
Default

If he signs here, get ready for people to b1tch why he dances around in the backfield rather than just hitting the hole and grind out 4 yards...
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #62
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default



Or



Or

DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #63
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,752

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i'm all for this signing at the right price. he addresses a lot of needs in one signing. we can split him out at slot, use him on returns that we don't trust Holliday on instead of using Jim L or worse.

plus, Manning loves him some receiving RB's.
would really have liked Jackson but Bush fits nicely too.
I think Holiday once and for all put the fears of him having back there to rest with his 2 returns for TD's in the playoff game. He was a huge weapon in that game. I would not use Bush in the return game. With all the injuries we have at RB, save him for the running game.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #64
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think Holiday once and for all put the fears of him having back there to rest with his 2 returns for TD's in the playoff game. He was a huge weapon in that game. I would not use Bush in the return game. With all the injuries we have at RB, save him for the running game.
he's a beast but he has to stop making those mental errors by muffing punts and doing little things that negates his impact.
he definitely got better as the season went on but he still has warts, lord knows he doesn't believe in the fair catch.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #65
bigbucks24
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 191

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Miami would beg to differ. He was extremely effective on the ground there. Would be a great addition.
As a Miami fan who watches just about every game, I beg to differ. Reggie is a great guy. He's a hard worker, leader on the team and a great teammate. And it was great seeing him break one off and go to the house. It was also maddening to see him dance behind the line and lose 2 yards quite often, putting yourself in 2nd and 12. I think he would be good for Denver, but you will get frustrated in him putting you in tough situations with his dancing. I would have been ok with Miami keeping him, but would rather see what Lamar Miller and Danial Thomas can do. There will be fewer home runs, but fewer strike outs, too.
bigbucks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #66
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Averages yes, but Bush had more touches as well, 227 carries and 35 receptions to Willis having 167 carries and 26 receptions. Bush had 8 TDs to Willis' 4 and he had one less fumble (4) than Willis, and 2 fewer lost (2 to his 4).

I like Willis, no question...but Bush would be the better option of the 2, IMO. I would love SJ here though.
Statistically they may be similar, but Bush and McGahee are polar opposites. Stats don't tell you the whole story. Reggie likes to run to the outside, and will often create negative plays by bouncing inside runs out, and not following his blocks. Reggie is a home run threat, and is deceptively strong one-on-one breaking tackles.


That's why he wants to go to a pass first team, he's better in space, and he wants to be more of a home run threat.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #67
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
As a Miami fan who watches just about every game, I beg to differ. Reggie is a great guy. He's a hard worker, leader on the team and a great teammate. And it was great seeing him break one off and go to the house. It was also maddening to see him dance behind the line and lose 2 yards quite often, putting yourself in 2nd and 12. I think he would be good for Denver, but you will get frustrated in him putting you in tough situations with his dancing. I would have been ok with Miami keeping him, but would rather see what Lamar Miller and Danial Thomas can do. There will be fewer home runs, but fewer strike outs, too.
Yep, I think the Dolphins are going in the right direction with Miller. They really need to get another back as I wouldn't settle with Thomas.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #68
bigbucks24
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 191

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i'm all for this signing at the right price. he addresses a lot of needs in one signing. we can split him out at slot, use him on returns that we don't trust Holliday on instead of using Jim L or worse.

plus, Manning loves him some receiving RB's.
would really have liked Jackson but Bush fits nicely too.
How many punt and kick returns did Reggie have last year combined?

Answer: 0

As he gets older, I don't really see that he is going to be a punt returner.
bigbucks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #69
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
How many punt and kick returns did Reggie have last year combined?

Answer: 0

As he gets older, I don't really see that he is going to be a punt returner.
i'm not saying replace Holliday, i said use him in areas where you don't fully trust Trindon. like on the plays the used Leonhard on when we were going to be pinned deep and etc.
we'd barely be putting him back that except to fair catch.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #70
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
Get ready for a few big plays and a lot of dancing behind the line.
So, Knowshon Moreno, but with a few big plays.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #71
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
So, Knowshon Moreno, but with a few big plays.

but they both make a good pair for Manning. Moreno can block and catch on 3rd down, Bush could electrify and make big plays, Willis can be the goal line back and Hillman can be change of pace.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #72
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Well the Broncos can like what they will, but I prefer if she keeps her lawn at least mowed.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #73
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
there's something about this picture. i just can't place it.
it's almost as if it's supposed to make me think a certain way...
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #74
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Lorena Bobbit got a makeover
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #75
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,381
Default

just some topless chick trimming her bush...
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Denver Broncos