The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #101
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
You're also the same guy who doesn't know the difference between re-sign and resign.
I typed it fast, grammar boy.

You can keep your head in the sand all you want, but the calculator doesn't lie. I checked the numbers again...and it's even worse than I thought. I didn't add in the dead money the first time.

As far as I can tell, all the rumors about the Broncos wanting to cut Dumervil's salary in half make sense mathematically. Even $8M per year for Dumervil is a little too rich for their blood. They can do it, but they would be over-leveraged heading into next year. Dumervil won't agree to $8M per year in Denver, but he'll probably agree to it on the open market.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #102
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
I'm not shocked. Elvis is not worth the cash and can be replaced.
yeah, every team just has an abundance of guys who are basically guaranteed to get double digit sacks every season. never mind that before him we didn't have a truly good pass rusher since Trevor Price...about 5 years before Doom was drafted. guys who can get to the QB are a need for most teams in the league. it is stupid to think you can just dump one of the best in the game and not miss a beat with a lesser replacement.

also no one who is saying let Doom walk is realizing this will affect Von's numbers. Von is a beast, but he doesn't hit 18.5 sacks if Doom isn't lined up opposite him.

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 03-10-2013 at 11:34 PM..
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #103
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Agreed. The other thing we have to remember is Peyton talking to Freeney about becoming a Bronco weeks ago so this is probably something that management has been planning for some time now. I wonder what people would say if we cut Elvis and somehow landed Freeney, Revis and Steven Jackson. Certainly would be fun to watch.
my reactions

Freeney - if this was 2008 then hell yeah! but in 2013 who cares?
Revis - yay we shipped out picks and potentially players for a guy who will hold out for more money in 2 years and be a constant annoyance
Jackson - i just threw up in my mouth.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #104
extralife
Ring of Famer

we're not ****ed, you moron, you just think the rollover numbers are, for some reason, untouchable. and that projecting the cap into future years is ironclad. guess what, bro? if 2014 is going to be awful (it won't be, really), you can cut Doom then. you get his production this year without affecting 2014 at all! crazy!

edit: or price will delete his post because he maybe realizes he is a moron
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #105
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
we're not ****ed, you moron, you just think the rollover numbers are, for some reason, untouchable. and that projecting the cap into future years is ironclad. guess what, bro? if 2014 is going to be awful (it won't be, really), you can cut Doom then. you get his production this year without affecting 2014 at all! crazy!

edit: or price will delete his post because he maybe realizes he is a moron
Nobody said the rollover is untouchable bozo.

Leaving the contract 'as is', and cutting Dumervil in 2014, would make the Broncos liable to him for $17M for one year of football. DUMBEST MOVE EVER.

Out of all the choices the Broncos have, that is BY FAR the worst one...that's why they are forced to do something about it now. They MUST either cut him now, or rework his contract to AT MOST about $8M per year (which I seriously doubt he'll take in Denver).

Last edited by pricejj; 03-11-2013 at 12:43 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #106
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Nobody said the rollover is untouchable bozo.

Leaving the contract 'as is', and cutting Dumervil in 2014, would make the Broncos liable to him for $17M for one year of football. DUMBEST MOVE EVER.

Out of all the choices the Broncos have, that is BY FAR the worst one...that's why they are forced to do something about it now. They MUST either cut him now, or rework his contract to AT MOST about $8M per year (which I seriously doubt he'll take in Denver).

I dont think you know how the cap works or how the numbers are spread out over the life of the contract. If you did, you would stop posting that the Broncos are in cap hell. They are not, they also have rollover money from NOT spending up to the cap last year.

Stop justifying this move as if it makes any financial sense. It doesnt. Unless your worried about Bowlen's liquer cabinet running dry.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:49 AM   #107
ghostofjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Wonder who they have in mind to fill in for him. Its doubtful Wolfe is ready and there is no one else to put opposite Miller.

Obvious choice is Dwight Freeney has agreed to play here
Old 03-11-2013, 03:08 AM   #108
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Where does 17 million come from? We pay him 12 million this year. If you are prorating some portion of the contract for cap purposes, that is not cash spent, it is cap money, same as this year. Anything that applies to cutting him a year from now applies to cutting him now. You aren't making any sense.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:34 AM   #109
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

D.U.M.E.R.V.I.L for **** sakes
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #110
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I agree I'd like Doom to stay, but I'm not sure the Baltimore gameis the best example of why we need to keep him.
Nor is it an example, best or otherwise, why he needs to be cut.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #111
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Take a deep breath, and then read IAOFM's recent take on this topic.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...r-to-agreement
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #112
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Is there even a shred of evidence that this rumor is true?
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #113
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Is there even a shred of evidence that this rumor is true?
You mean other than the multiple media reports? And the clear fact that the Broncos don't appear to be willing to pay Dumervil what he's scheduled to make this season? And that Dumervil is unlikely to take a reduction, and the Broncos probably don't want to restructure?
Old 03-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #114
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
If we go after say Cliff Avril for the just a bit less than Doom I am going to be livid

Cliff Avril is a poor man's Elvis Dumervil.

Dumervil ****s on every pass rusher on the open market right now, if we release him we I can't say that its smart.
You can't be serious.

Guy got 10 sacks against weak comp and disappeared for entire games. Jumped offsides in crucial situations in big games. ZOMG WUT WILL WEE DU WITDOUT HIM??!??!?!!!!?!1!ONE
Old 03-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #115
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Take a deep breath, and then read IAOFM's recent take on this topic.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...r-to-agreement
Wow. Decker, Harris, and Franklin are all better than Dumervil now? Also, I am surprised that a "pure speed rusher" would be on the field for 1037 snaps.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #116
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Feel free to minimize Von's game to speed rushing. I've seen him power rush tackles for sacks on several occasions.

They absolutely compliment each other.

Only on the mane can you find hate for a guy the regularly breaks 10 sacks a year.

I guess that's the effect an Elway has when he takes the front office. Nothing he can do is wrong, and everyone will find anyway they can to justify it while minimizing others' accomplishments.

Please tell me why, if this is a financial move, why it would make sense to package Doom for Revis and the contract he will command?
I fail to see how anyone is justifying anything. Nothing has happened yet. I for one, before this happened, thought Doom's contract was outrageous. If Doom wants to be a team player and a SB, he'll restructure. If it's the money he's after, buh-bye.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #117
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You can't be serious.

Guy got 10 sacks against weak comp and disappeared for entire games. Jumped offsides in crucial situations in big games. ZOMG WUT WILL WEE DU WITDOUT HIM??!??!?!!!!?!1!ONE
Actually, I would say 15.5 of Von's sacks came against weak competition, not 10. You're right about him disappearing in some games and jumping offside at the worst times, but I feel like maybe we should keep him.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #118
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Wow. Decker, Harris, and Franklin are all better than Dumervil now? Also, I am surprised that a "pure speed rusher" would be on the field for 1037 snaps.
They say the Broncos are looking to cut his salary in half. So that means this front office looks at this production:

Attachment 32132

Attachment 32135

And sees a 4 million dollar player

and then looks at this production:

Attachment 32137

Attachment 32136

and sees a 6 million dollar player?

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-18-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #119
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I fail to see how anyone is justifying anything. Nothing has happened yet. I for one, before this happened, thought Doom's contract was outrageous. If Doom wants to be a team player and a SB, he'll restructure. If it's the money he's after, buh-bye.
I think when he signed it seemed crazy. But I think I read somewhere that Doom currently sits as the 7th highest paid DE. And it goes down from here (while others will undoubtedly get paid even more)

To me, his compensation seems about right where it should be at this point. We won't get a halfway competent replacement and be money ahead, especially with almost $5 mil in dead money factored in. So what if you bring in Freeney for $5 million? Is that decline in production worth $2 million? I refuse to believe it in a league where guys like Joe Mays and DJ Williams can split $10 million bucks.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #120
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You can't be serious.

Also, JJ Watt had 12 of his sacks against horrible teams. He also disappeared in the biggest games (including the "biggest game in Texans history") and while I don't know exactly when he committed his penalties, he was penalized a fair amount.

Maybe the Texans should cut him.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #121
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bottom line: Stupid is what stupid does!

People that b**** about Doom getting his sacks against weak competition (Like saying Doom did most of his damage against the Chuggers, well Von had 1 more sack against them), are just infatuated with the next big signing and are delusional individuals that think Von's production wont be affected by this move. How many times did Doom flush the QB into Von's side and vice versa?

Still willing to give benefit of doubt to Fox and Del Rio. Would prefer this not to happen, but if it does, we better replace him with a talented rookie because a 6 mil old DE sure ain't going to get it done.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #122
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Yeah, I thought that was pretty disturbing when I read that. Don't know how the best D-lineman on the field got on fans' **** list quite so fast.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #123
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, I thought that was pretty disturbing when I read that. Don't know how the best D-lineman on the field got on fans' **** list quite so fast.
Klis is a joke.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #124
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

If the Broncos really are serious that Dumervil is coming at too high a price then it makes sense to restructure his contract as best they can ( along his agents lines?) and then trade him. To outright release a pro bowl player and get NOTHING for him is stupid. Restructure and then put him on the trading block.

Dumervil has faults and disappears too much in bigger games...but he is going to get a huge contract somewhere if he is a FA. It is rediculous to let a player like that walk and get no compensation.

Maybe Doom will not play for the Broncos this coming year, but I'd bet that he will have a new contract with Denver come March 17 that is not going to be for 12 million this year. It makes NO sense to release him outright. He is not old, hurt or declining and is an important part of our defense. You don't throw that away, and other teams should be willing to give up a second or multiple thirds for a player under contract for at least 3 years.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #125
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
They say the Broncos are looking to cut his salary in half. So that means this front office looks at this production:

And sees a 4 million dollar player

and then looks at this production:

and sees a 6 million dollar player?
^ Perhaps worth mentioning that Mays will probably either take a huge pay cut or be released.