The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #226
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
He won't get traded. The Jets can't justify trading the guy who is seen as their best player after the franchise had such a bad year, as it stands the faith of many of the gangrenous fans of the New Jersey Turnpike are unhappy with Sanchez et al., going into full rebuilding mode now without any prospects of replacing Revis with a can't miss prospect is just not an option.

Look at the Manning contract, it had build in safety clauses to allow the Broncos to pull the plug several times during the contract and when he was signed he had been in for several medicals - Revis will not be ready to take medical tests for a long time and there is no point trading him after the draft.

Revis has shown he is all about the money, would he accept a deal without a ton of money up front?

The Jets could only try to justify trading Revis of the spoils were enormous, much bigger than what San Fran got for Smith - and I doubt any team will be offering up more than the top pick in the 2nd round and a 2nd or 3rd rounder next year.
The Jets would be stupid to pass up a 1st rounder and Doom if that is the offer. In a 3-4 defense Doom had 17 sacks.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #227
SlyEli

I think the broncos are trying to get another shutdown corner for the next 7 years after champ retires...I think this is a long term move, but hampers them in the short term. It's also important to realize that revis will be 28 this season, 3 years older than champ was when we traded for him, plus revis is coming off a serious knee injury and won't be 100% til nearly mid season.

I feel like instead of spending the 15 million a year for (revis) and 25 mill a year overall just for the two starting cornerbacks is a bit much. I'd rather see them pick up a guy like ed reed or charles woodson and have them play the big nickel for the next two or three years while the team develops draft picks. And you could sign those guys for 4-5 million a year, and have 10 million of revis money to spend on a d-tackle or something.

Revis seems like a win later move, rather than a win now move.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #228
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

eff that nonsense. if we need a CB then draft one. i love Revis but this is about value, and their asking price doesn't fit for us.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #229
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
The Jets would be stupid to pass up a 1st rounder and Doom if that is the offer. In a 3-4 defense Doom had 17 sacks.
Doom plays the role of a 3-4 rush LB in our scheme.. He occasional stands up when rushing, so I'm not exactly sure we can say he's a 17 sack a year player. That's more the outlier than the norm. I'm content with his double digit 10-13 sacks a season. So long as he can perform when it matters in the playoffs.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #230
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Doom plays the role of a 3-4 rush LB in our scheme.. He occasional stands up when rushing, so I'm not exactly sure we can say he's a 17 sack a year player. That's more the outlier than the norm. I'm content with his double digit 10-13 sacks a season. So long as he can perform when it matters in the playoffs.
which he didn't do this year
Old 03-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #231
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
which he didn't do this year
Miller didn't show up either.. Let's make sure it's known the blame goes all around that game. The pass rush didn't get home period..
Old 03-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #232
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Revis is a monster. Plain and simple, the best press cornerback I've ever seen. You watch the guy and he mauls big receivers like Brandon Marshall and Chad Johnson (when he was good). He jams good WR's right off of their routes consistently. His hands are great, his body control and hips are great, his closing speed is great. He literally has no weaknesses in his game A 1st and Doom is a ridiculous price to pay, but if he truly regains close to 100 percent of his abilities, I'd be OK with it.

I know a lot of people will disagree, but the game tape of Darrelle is just incredible.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #233
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...erest-in-revis

I know this is nothing new but with the Doom talks at an impasse this could start to get legs as Tuesday approaches.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #234
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...erest-in-revis

I know this is nothing new but with the Doom talks at an impasse this could start to get legs as Tuesday approaches.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #235
spiralism

Doom and a second would be a sweet ass price to pay imo and it's a good deal for all.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #236
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Doom and a second would be a sweet ass price to pay imo and it's a good deal for all.
ahahahaahahahahahaahahaahahahah

(i assume can't be serious)
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #237
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
ahahahaahahahahahaahahaahahahah

(i assume can't be serious)
what, you think they wouldnt accept? High enough pick and a starting pass rusher from the off for a disgruntled player that was hurt all year? This deal works for both.

and if you think it's us getting ripped off, you think a pick in the second round and a pass rusher we'll likely cut anyways isnt worth it to get the best starting CB in the league bar none? It would be the Champ trade all over again.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #238
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not for trading an elite pass rusher for a CB (yeah, a ****ing lolCB) that is coming off a serious ****ing knee injury. Remember Rod Woodson? He used to be elite, and never was the same after that. There's no assurance that Revis can recover, but you're willing to pay a premium to find out. I find that absolutely comical.

So we're supposed to trade a preimum player at a a premium position for a ****ing CB coming a dehibilitating injury? Right? ok...lol....

Denver's problem isn't with Revis,,,,,it's why they want to get rid of a player at a position that we've had historical problems filling for DECADES. It's insane to even consider.

The Jets are just propping his vaule because they have no choice and need to cash in while they can, before Revis plays again and everyone can see if he can play at that level or not. It's a lottery.

Doom is a known quantity at a position of greater value. Doesn't make sense to give him up and a high pick for a position that is of much lesser value.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #239
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You know what else makes no ****ing sense? Trading Dumervil because "he costs too much" when his cap hit this year would be less than Revis, and continues to be less every ****ing year from then on.

If this team can afford Revis and the new contract that would come with him, then they can afford Elvis and his diminishing contract.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #240
spiralism

Quote:
I'm not for trading an elite pass rusher for a CB (yeah, a ****ing lolCB) that is coming off a serious ****ing knee injury. Remember Rod Woodson? He used to be elite, and never was the same after that. There's no assurance that Revis can recover, but you're willing to pay a premium to find out. I find that absolutely comical.

So we're supposed to trade a preimum player at a a premium position for a ****ing CB coming a dehibilitating injury? Right? ok...lol....

Denver's problem isn't with Revis,,,,,it's why they want to get rid of a player at a position that we've had historical problems filling for DECADES. It's insane to even consider.

The Jets are just propping his vaule because they have no choice and need to cash in while they can, before Revis plays again and everyone can see if he can play at that level or not. It's a lottery.

Doom is a known quantity at a position of greater value. Doesn't make sense to give him up and a high pick for a position that is of much lesser value.
We probably have the best pass rusher in the NFL on the team at the moment though. And that's on the chance Revis doesn't recover...what if he does?

I dont want doom gone, but i'd rather we get something for the deal at least. A draft pick is every bit as much a lottery as gambling on Revis if not more.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #241
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

There are players on the market that can take Doom's place. Freeney, Osi, or others. Revis is the best CB in the NFL. Maybe you all watched AP this last year?

This team is about winning NOW! Revis....will help them win NOW. They can fill their other holes with smart FA signing like the past 2yrs, and with their other picks in the draft.

I say...give them the 1 and the 3 or give them the 1 and something else. The key, will be can they sign Revis to a new contract. If they can...then do it!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #242
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Except that part of Miller's success is that teams have to account for Dumervil. You cannot underestimate that in a factor to Von's success.

There is no reason Doom should be gone, other than the team wanting to pinch a couple pennies together.

That's really my main issue. Now is the time to pony up and make a push for a title. If the front office is really charted to do that, then there is NO WAY Elvis walks away.

Taking a chance on a crippled CB by getting rid of a top tier pass rusher and a high end draft pick is ludicrious.

I find it amazing how fast fans remember not having a pass rush and not being able to relate how having two elite pass rushers compliment each other. I can already see the threads and posts about how losing Doom was so predictable to Von's loss in production. I suppose the cynic in me would also note that if that's the case, the upcoming contract for Miller would be less. Maybe that is the teams ultimate goal? Save a few pennies now, when you really don't need too, in order to save dollars later when Miller is due to re-up.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #243
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
There are players on the market that can take Doom's place. Freeney, Osi, or others. Revis is the best CB in the NFL. Maybe you all watched AP this last year?

This team is about winning NOW! Revis....will help them win NOW. They can fill their other holes with smart FA signing like the past 2yrs, and with their other picks in the draft.

I say...give them the 1 and the 3 or give them the 1 and something else. The key, will be can they sign Revis to a new contract. If they can...then do it!
You do ****ing realzie that AP is the exception to the rule, not the norm? Most players coming off a serious knee injury are never the same....you do remember a guy named Terrell Davis?

If the team is about winning now, you don't lose a premium pass rusher like Doom, for a CB.

Sorry, Revis is not the best CB in the NFL. He is an unknown quantity due to his injury. Sorry you bought into the hype of what he's done in the past, with no assurance to what he'll do in the future.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #244
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
I'm not for trading an elite pass rusher for a CB (yeah, a ****ing lolCB) that is coming off a serious ****ing knee injury. Remember Rod Woodson? He used to be elite, and never was the same after that.
You can't really compare Woodson to anybody now days. The technology on sports injuries now is ions past where it was in Woodson's day. Didn't you just see what Peterson did last year on his repaired knee. Your examples of Woodson and TD are dudes that had their surgeries 15-20 years ago.

I think if you can get yourself a Revis, you get him. You can get somebody to give you 12 sacks. Much much much much harder to find a pure shut down physical CB with no weakness in his game.

Last edited by ZONA; 03-10-2013 at 08:36 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #245
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You don't trade a premium player and a blue chip prospect for a player coming off a significant injury. Especially when that player will command a contract that dwarfs that of the player you traded. ****ing retarded.

You're an idiot if you think any player that has a serious knee injury can come back like Peterson did. He's not the rule, only the exception.

You shouldn't be willing to make such a deal based on that.

And no, I don't agree that you can find an elite pass rusher easier than a CB. And, an elite pass rusher is more valuable than a CB. A sack is as good as a turnover, not to mention hurries/pressures that result in bad throws or int's, etc.

I'll take an elite pass rusher over an elite CB any day and all day.

People here are just getting caught up in the hype due to the Bailey trade. RB's are a lot easier to replace the pass rushers. There's a reason elite rush defending DE's aren't even talked about, while elite pass rush DE's are among the highest paid players in the league.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #246
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
. You can get somebody to give you 12 sacks.
I just have to laugh at this. You obviously don't realize the elite company "only 12 sacks a year" puts you in.

We have that in a known quantity. You're willing to trade it for an unknown quantity, plus giving up more in a high end prospect pick. Ridiculous.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #247
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
You don't trade a premium player and a blue chip prospect for a player coming off a significant injury. Especially when that player will command a contract that dwarfs that of the player you traded. ****ing retarded.

You're an idiot if you think any player that has a serious knee injury can come back like Peterson did. He's not the rule, only the exception.

You shouldn't be willing to make such a deal based on that.

And no, I don't agree that you can find an elite pass rusher easier than a CB. And, an elite pass rusher is more valuable than a CB. A sack is as good as a turnover, not to mention hurries/pressures that result in bad throws or int's, etc.

I'll take an elite pass rusher over an elite CB any day and all day.

People here are just getting caught up in the hype due to the Bailey trade. RB's are a lot easier to replace the pass rushers. There's a reason elite rush defending DE's aren't even talked about, while elite pass rush DE's are among the highest paid players in the league.
Who is this blue chip prospect you keep flipping out about?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #248
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Who is this blue chip prospect you keep flipping out about?
Are you this dense?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #249
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Are you this dense?
Clearly I'm not following your breakdown very well. I'm guessing you are talking about a draft pick.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #250
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
I just have to laugh at this. You obviously don't realize the elite company "only 12 sacks a year" puts you in.

We have that in a known quantity. You're willing to trade it for an unknown quantity, plus giving up more in a high end prospect pick. Ridiculous.
As I said, you would have a real argument if said defensive player had 12 sacks and he was solid if not good against the run. The fact that you have said player who can give you 12 sacks but at the cost of being average AT BEST against the run, is not so special. You're giving up one thing to get another. I'd take a guy who gave me maybe 8 sacks but was really good in the run game. You can make up for those extra few sacks in a few different ways. Especially with a CB like Revis on your team. That means you can blitz more often, maybe 2 or 3 times more per game. His coverage alone could give you 10 more team sacks on the season.

Not to mention we have this guy named Von Miller who is going to draw plenty of interest from the offense and who ever we replaced Doom with is going to benefit from that as well.

Look - I think alot of us would love to have Doom stay. But we just think it should be something like 8 million per season and not 12 million. Football is a game where these coaches in the NFL will find your weakness and exploit it. You can't overpay situational players.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote