The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default OT--Weed!!!

So I gotta ask. Has anything Changed ? Its amazing that we have heard nothingof it..i figured there would be something on the news by now but i have heard nothing.

Last edited by Quoydogs; 03-08-2013 at 05:50 PM..
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

This is coming from someone who has smoked weed... It's not a big deal and the rest of the states should get on board if they want to cut spending.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

The state law left alot of unknowns. State has mechanisms for DUI for alcohol, but not for weed. Protection for merchants who decide to set up and sell it, and its still against federal law.

Little stumbling blocks...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
The state law left alot of unknowns. State has mechanisms for DUI for alcohol, but not for weed. Protection for merchants who decide to set up and sell it, and its still against federal law.

Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky tacky,
Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes all the same...

Fixed it for you
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I am considering growing it. $$$
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I liked the Showtime show WEEDS but the thing that I got a kick out of was that it wasn't as much about weed as it was about the choices we all make and how it impacts our lives.

Weed itself is just something to divert us, fill the emptyness users feel. Apparently people are not running out demanding pot infrastructure and distribution now that it is legal in some states. Seems like the demographic that wanted it legal already have access to it.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
Agamemnon

Quote:

Actually, you can get a DUI from driving under the influence of marijuana.

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...me=CBONWrapper
Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #8
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Can not wait to see the posts for you when you find your kids getting into your stash and smoking all your "legal" weed, The stories of those telling their 13 year old it is bad for them lmao.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #9
bombay
Ring of Famer

If your children are stealing your marijuana, that is a 'you' problem.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I liked the Showtime show WEEDS but the thing that I got a kick out of was that it wasn't as much about weed as it was about the choices we all make and how it impacts our lives.

Weed itself is just something to divert us, fill the emptyness users feel. Apparently people are not running out demanding pot infrastructure and distribution now that it is legal in some states. Seems like the demographic that wanted it legal already have access to it.
excellent post
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #11
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Can not wait to see the posts for you when you find your kids getting into your stash and drink all your "legal"beer, The stories of those telling their 13 year old it is bad for them lmao.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #12
Bacchus

Quote:

If everyone smoked weed there would be no traffic fatalities. You can't die when two cars collide going 7 mph.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Speaking as a user, the only difference I've really noticed personally so far is that I don't feel like I have any need to hide it anymore. Even as a MMJ card holder, I always worried a bit about getting stopped on the way home, for example. Now, it's legal, so there's no need to worry. I also don't feel like I'm doing anything shady when I hook other people up.

As for greater societal impact? Nothing that I've seen. That'll shift a bit once they get the retailers up and running, but I still bet the impacts will be far less than you expect. My guess is that the biggest thing we'll notice will be people from outside the state coming in for it rather than the locals really changing.
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #14
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Speaking as a user, the only difference I've really noticed personally so far is that I don't feel like I have any need to hide it anymore. Even as a MMJ card holder, I always worried a bit about getting stopped on the way home, for example. Now, it's legal, so there's no need to worry. I also don't feel like I'm doing anything shady when I hook other people up.

As for greater societal impact? Nothing that I've seen. That'll shift a bit once they get the retailers up and running, but I still bet the impacts will be far less than you expect. My guess is that the biggest thing we'll notice will be people from outside the state coming in for it rather than the locals really changing.
You proved my point. You already have access and are a user so it is more just not having to worry about the five O rolling up on you.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

from what I've read in the local papers, it's more about setting up the infastructure to handle this new consumer product. Guidelines have to be set and if the legislators in CO don't do this then the feds will get involved and no one wants that. I think the feds really want CO and other states to take care of this stuff and get a basic foundation set for moving forward with the legalization of marijuana in other states.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #16
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:

This pretty much sums up how I feel. Nothing is really that different except now its just something you don't have to worry about anymore.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #17
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Thanks for the replys . Really figured there would have been a lot more stink thrown at it. So basically no change. The sky didn't fall. The ground didn't open up. Just life as normal or better them normal for some. Right can't wait to get up there.

Go Broncos!
Old 03-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #18
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

I would be curious to know the amount of drug arrests Feb 2013 v. Feb 2012.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #19
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Colorado and Washington residents

DON'T **** THIS UP!!! THE REST OF THE COUNTRY IS WATCHING!!!!

Last edited by Drunk Monkey; 03-11-2013 at 07:26 AM..
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #20
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Colorado and Oregon residents

This.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #21
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Ed Weeeeeeeed?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #22
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Colorado and Oregon residents

Im Oregon , i think you're talking about Washington. We are still med only right now.

Well I'm kinda pissed here. Raised my donation almost ten bucks when they past that laws. One would think it would have went down but nope.

Last edited by Quoydogs; 03-11-2013 at 08:48 AM..
Old 03-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #23
COWheatGrower

I grow stuff.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #24
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

I can tell you that the state is doing a bad job of informing people. The kids in schools seem to think its all legal now and I have seen a massive increase in usage as a result. They are going to screw this up, because its basically being ignored until the Feds do/say something about it.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #25
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

This, plus it's nice to be able to step outside a bar and have a quick toke on the weekend.