The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #776
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I didn't see your game this morning just the score. Saw he was -3 what happened?
goal 1-piss poor neutral zone play and no back check.
goal 2-commits 2 lazy penalties, Boyle scores on delayed penalty.
goal 3-(off 2nd penalty)
goal 4-no effort to back check and pick up Richards

This is the captain of a team? He's so lazy he makes Kovalev look like a hard worker.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #777
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
goal 1-piss poor neutral zone play and no back check.
goal 2-commits 2 lazy penalties, Boyle scores on delayed penalty.
goal 3-(off 2nd penalty)
goal 4-no effort to back check and pick up Richards

This is the captain of a team? He's so lazy he makes Kovalev look like a hard worker.
IMO......the Kovy line was excessively harsh. I think he just has let the weight of expectations get to him.

Sid has 3 assists so far tonight..... still in the first period lol.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #778
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
IMO......the Kovy line was excessively harsh. I think he just has let the weight of expectations get to him.

Sid has 3 assists so far tonight..... still in the first period lol.
Any other player would be benched. No one does anything with Fovie for fear of Ted. He's has become the typical Russian player.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #779
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Any other player would be benched. No one does anything with Fovie for fear of Ted. He's has become the typical Russian player.
That is the problem, they have so much money tied up in him they can't do anything and because of that they protect him from everything.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #780
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Hah...another point. Love playing the Isles... Sid always goes off on them. 4 and counting....come on 2 more.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #781
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
That is the problem, they have so much money tied up in him they can't do anything and because of that they protect him from everything.
Any coach would have nailed his ass to the bench after the first lazy penalty.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #782
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Any coach would have nailed his ass to the bench after the first lazy penalty.
Not if the owner is going to be in the lockerroom between periods telling the coach he goes back on the ice.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #783
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

5 point night for Sid. Hopefully Geno is back Tuesday vs Boston.

Edit: Geno out 1-2 weeks.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-10-2013 at 07:15 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #784
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

An embarrassing weekend for the **** show that is the caps.

It's the same old crap every era. Ovechkin deserved big time blame for the game against the Isles on Saturday. Him and Ribeiro were extremely selfish players that game. Penalties, lack of focus, dumb decisions, etc.

It's an organization problem. The same crap that happened with Larry Murphy will happen with Ovechkin. The same thing that happened with Jaromir Jagr will happen with Ovechkin.

Ovechkin will be run out of town and win a Cup elsewhere. No one in DC realizes the pattern across the history of the caps. A lot of bandwagon sheep will drink the kool aid Ted Leonsis throws at them.

You cannot acquire Jaromir Jagr, put him with an AHL defense and scream that you are going to win the Cup.

You cannot put Alex Ovechkin with grinders and again AHL guys on defense and expect results. They expect Ovechkin to carry a crappy team and truthfully to my eyes 8 has checked out of DC.

I don't blame him. I blamed Larry Murphy, Scott Stevens, Jaromir Jagr and **** even Brendan Witt and Halpern with their gripes against the organization.

You know what though? Alex Ovechkin was loyal in 2008 when everyone was telling him to GTFO of the 2nd rate hockey market like DC (a reputation well earned) but he stayed and helped build some elite regular season teams with other core guys who btw are now always injured (Green) or MIA (Backstrom).

So at the end of the day, so as to not be burned as in the past; I am going to give ovechkin the benefit of the doubt and blame this piece of **** organization or lack thereof. I've seen enough throughout the caps history to give the organization a break.

Ownership and management is the big culprit here. Once ovechkin is traded, it will play out what was really the issue in DC.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #785
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

To many damn Californians live here. Half the crowd just cheered when the Sharks scored. Embarrassing
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #786
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

One more thing. Dale Hunter benched Ovechkin, he tried the authoritative mind games, etc.

When DH found out that Ted Leonsis is only about marketing, he said **** this and went back to London. Of course the organization put it as "he was home sick and wanted to go back"

Complete BS. Dale Hunter wanted nothing to do with this clown show. He knew he couldn't fulfill his dream of winning a Cup here with Ted Leonsis and Co. in charge. Unlike Mcphee, DH will not stand for being hamstrung. Mcphee just accepts being overruled.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #787
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
To many damn Californians live here. Half the crowd just cheered when the Sharks scored. Embarrassing
On yet another Hunwick turnover. No clue why he's playing over Barrie.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #788
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
On yet another Hunwick turnover. No clue why he's playing over Barrie.
I know, hopefully we get em in the shootout!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #789
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Lol, nevermind. That was awesome .2 seconds left in ot!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #790
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Buzzer beater! Sweet finish, Duchene is playing out of his mind right now.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #791
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
Lol, nevermind. That was awesome .2 seconds left in ot!
That was sick!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #792
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

good couple of Ws for the avs. They need to string a streak together.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #793
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
One more thing. Dale Hunter benched Ovechkin, he tried the authoritative mind games, etc.

When DH found out that Ted Leonsis is only about marketing, he said **** this and went back to London. Of course the organization put it as "he was home sick and wanted to go back"

Complete BS. Dale Hunter wanted nothing to do with this clown show. He knew he couldn't fulfill his dream of winning a Cup here with Ted Leonsis and Co. in charge. Unlike Mcphee, DH will not stand for being hamstrung. Mcphee just accepts being overruled.
I think the biggest issue is talent as a whole. One key guy is gone and the rest (AO, backstrom, Carlson, green) all simultaneously fell off their games (even before he left). You can survive one guy having a very extended slump but not a bunch of guys all t once. I know there are injury issues with green and backstrom so that's not their fault but still everyone has to get back to their former selfs or you will top out as a .500 team.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-10-2013 at 08:55 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #794
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Buzzer beater! Sweet finish, Duchene is playing out of his mind right now.
Duchene is playing like he wants that C on his jersey instead of Lando.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #795
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
An embarrassing weekend for the **** show that is the caps.

It's the same old crap every era. Ovechkin deserved big time blame for the game against the Isles on Saturday. Him and Ribeiro were extremely selfish players that game. Penalties, lack of focus, dumb decisions, etc.

It's an organization problem. The same crap that happened with Larry Murphy will happen with Ovechkin. The same thing that happened with Jaromir Jagr will happen with Ovechkin.

Ovechkin will be run out of town and win a Cup elsewhere. No one in DC realizes the pattern across the history of the caps. A lot of bandwagon sheep will drink the kool aid Ted Leonsis throws at them.

You cannot acquire Jaromir Jagr, put him with an AHL defense and scream that you are going to win the Cup.

You cannot put Alex Ovechkin with grinders and again AHL guys on defense and expect results. They expect Ovechkin to carry a crappy team and truthfully to my eyes 8 has checked out of DC.

I don't blame him. I blamed Larry Murphy, Scott Stevens, Jaromir Jagr and **** even Brendan Witt and Halpern with their gripes against the organization.

You know what though? Alex Ovechkin was loyal in 2008 when everyone was telling him to GTFO of the 2nd rate hockey market like DC (a reputation well earned) but he stayed and helped build some elite regular season teams with other core guys who btw are now always injured (Green) or MIA (Backstrom).

So at the end of the day, so as to not be burned as in the past; I am going to give ovechkin the benefit of the doubt and blame this piece of **** organization or lack thereof. I've seen enough throughout the caps history to give the organization a break.

Ownership and management is the big culprit here. Once ovechkin is traded, it will play out what was really the issue in DC.

All of those guys had great work ethic, something F-Ovie hasn't had in about 5 years.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #796
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
All of those guys had great work ethic, something F-Ovie hasn't had in about 5 years.
I cannot and will not argue. You are right in terms of that he doesn't bring it every night anymore. His elite level performances are few and far between these days.

BUT, like I said, I personally believe this is a byproduct of him checking out. Is it right? Probably not, but those other guys checked out too.

The media grills him like they do other Russian players. No one says a damn thing when a North American player wants out.

You simply cannot keep an unhappy player around. Ovechkin is just mentally not there in DC anymore. He is broken and he needs a revival and I don't think that can happen in DC with the clowns that run the show.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #797
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think the biggest issue is talent as a whole. One key guy is gone and the rest (AO, backstrom, Carlson, green) all simultaneously fell off their games (even before he left). You can survive one guy having a very extended slump but not a bunch of guys all t once. I know there are injury issues with green and backstrom so that's not their fault but still everyone has to get back to their former selfs or you will top out as a .500 team.
Yep, that's true. I do feel Backstrom is injured so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Semin, they had to cut bait with him. The idiotic thing about it all was not REPLACING him with another top 6 scoring forward. Green has just proven to be made of glass.

DH had that team going through a wall for him. It's amazing that they should have really beat the rangers to get to the ECF and then you never know what happens.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #798
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
I cannot and will not argue. You are right in terms of that he doesn't bring it every night anymore. His elite level performances are few and far between these days.

BUT, like I said, I personally believe this is a byproduct of him checking out. Is it right? Probably not, but those other guys checked out too.

The media grills him like they do other Russian players. No one says a damn thing when a North American player wants out.

You simply cannot keep an unhappy player around. Ovechkin is just mentally not there in DC anymore. He is broken and he needs a revival and I don't think that can happen in DC with the clowns that run the show.
See Carter, Jeff.....

Difference between F-Ovie and guys like Nash are that Nash still busted his tail on a losing team. You have a captain that doesn't care, it poisons the well.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #799
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Tonight the Bruins start a murderous stretch of 5 games in 7 nights with two of them on the road against Pittsburgh, both of which are the 2nd games in back to back nights. Here's where the lockout will hurt.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #800
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
See Carter, Jeff.....

Difference between F-Ovie and guys like Nash are that Nash still busted his tail on a losing team. You have a captain that doesn't care, it poisons the well.
Meanwhile......
Ducks center Ryan Getzlaf has signed an eight-year, $66-million contract extension, the team announced Friday.

Thought the Ducks would let him walk, but this is great news for Duck fans.
1 more signing to go.........
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote