The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #176
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
WANT TO REPAIR THE ECOLOGY OF THE EARTH IN A YEAR?

http://www.kacperpostawski.com/306/s...nt-matt-bakos/
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #177
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Some of us don't care what China does.

Some of us just don't want that **** in our backyard. Why can't you respect that? Aren't you the same people that b**** about having to look at a wind turbine? Why should I have to submit to a pipeline running through my country where, if it leaks, it's not going to get cleaned up...period?

All for what, 10 cent cheaper gas? No thanks. No way. Not worth it. Not in my country.
We need to sell our people, our country, our culture, our way of life, our children and their children to China. It's our path to prosperity.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #178
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The end of this road is that there are few pipelines or coal plants in the third world. Some call that an aspiration I guess.
Yeah, yeah.

The US will be a third world country if we don't allow big energy to operate unfettered.

Goddamn, but you're a flake.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #179
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Once again emotional BS from liberal pussies. Its not worth the mother Earth to use oil and gas for electricity. We need to cool mother earth regardless of if it will work. Even if China doesn't and passes us up as the number 1 economy it will be worth it for us to do th right thing because we don't let China influence our energy policy. Who cares as long as Al Gore gets to **** us all in the mouth with his big energy dong.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #180
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Still waiting for some great research, some of those famous liberal graphs you all put up that shows how much our energy policies will cool the Earth over the next 10 years.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #181
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Once again emotional BS from liberal pussies. Its not worth the mother Earth to use oil and gas for electricity. We need to cool mother earth regardless of if it will work. Even if China doesn't and passes us up as the number 1 economy it will be worth it for us to do th right thing because we don't let China influence our energy policy. Who cares as long as Al Gore gets to **** us all in the mouth with his big energy dong.
Tell us to which planet we can move once the ecosystems of this one are too damaged to accomodate our large and growing population.

What's the backup for Earth?

Once again, you want us to be Rulers of the Planet, regardless of the cost. Goddamn but you're a stupid ****.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #182
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Tell us to which planet we can move once the ecosystems of this one are too damaged to accomodate our large and growing population.

What's the backup for Earth?

Once again, you want us to be Rulers of the Planet, regardless of the cost. Goddamn but you're a stupid ****.
He doesn't care. He won't be alive.

Long as he's paying $3.75 at the pump and not $3.85.

Now tell us more about the tenets of this "Christianity" you speak of...
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #183
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

We won't need to go anywhere. The Earth will be fine for humans until the sun or a big celestial object decides otherwise. The notion co2 will decide the Earths fate so completely misleading and a total fantasy of Al Gore and the left.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #184
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
We won't need to go anywhere. The Earth will be fine for humans until the sun or a big celestial object decides otherwise.
How many humans and at what level of development?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown
The notion co2 will decide the Earths fate so completely misleading and a total fantasy of Al Gore and the left.
Completely unsupported by the facts.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #185
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
How many humans and at what level of development?



Completely unsupported by the facts.
Eventually we will probably travel to other planets and live there. We will probably in the next 100 years master the scientific endeavor of fusion and all the energy it will unlock.

How many of us? Who knows I would guess we have more to fear from super strains of viruses and anti biotic resistant bacterias then we do global warming. What would you say kills more humans wiggs? Global warming or severe outbreaks of ebola and it's ilk? But eventually we probably master curing many of them.

Sorry but the temp of the Earth is very low down the list. We already can cool the Earth on a temporary basis with bioengineering. If obama put money it that instead of failed solar we would be better off.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #186
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,941
Default

It's geoengineering, dope.

It won't fix all the other impacts we're having on the climate system - it deals with temps, and that's about it, and even then, far from perfectly.

You're just another technology-will-save-us, even when said technology is pure vaporware. In short, fantasyland.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #187
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

You know what allowed creatures to come onto the land? These tiny little alga over millions and millions of years put so much oxygen into the atmosphere that the excess created a layer of ozone which blocked the sun's damaging UV rays. Before that, creatures could only live in the seas where they were protected. So you want to argue that mankind belching billions of tons of industrial gasses into the atmosphere isn't going to do anything harmful? Keep living in a dream world.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #188
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
You know what allowed creatures to come onto the land? These tiny little alga over millions and millions of years put so much oxygen into the atmosphere that the excess created a layer of ozone which blocked the sun's damaging UV rays. Before that, creatures could only live in the seas where they were protected. So you want to argue that mankind belching billions of tons of industrial gasses into the atmosphere isn't going to do anything harmful? Keep living in a dream world.
Thats not my argument so you must not be talking to me.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #189
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
How many of us? Who knows I would guess we have more to fear from super strains of viruses and anti biotic resistant bacterias then we do global warming. What would you say kills more humans wiggs? Global warming or severe outbreaks of ebola and it's ilk? But eventually we probably master curing many of them.
Pick up a book sometime.

Lack of potable water is a much bigger threat to overpopulation than any of that.

Guess what processes are known to cause groundwater corruption?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #190
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...h-low-tax.html

Pick up a newspaper. More rich Americans are going to be moving away from high tax areas. Also you are wrong about water being more of a risk to America then drug resistant strains. When I say we I am talking about America. I agree places like the mideast are ****ed they better make some desalination.

I just watched a show on BBC that said doctors feel in 20 yrs having an operation of any kind could be life or death when it comes to infections. It already is but right now our drugs still work. That is changing though. Hopefully our govt pumping money into research on new ways to kill bacterial infections.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #191
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Damage from fracking overstated.

http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/Ne...ary/200201.asp
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #192
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

All I can say is, now that America is going down the crapper, I'm relieved to discover that many of her major corporations are able to jump ship. That's the spirit!

It has become increasingly common for companies to move or keep their profits overseas. The biggest U.S. companies boosted their offshore cash hoards by 14 percent last year, according to a separate Bloomberg report. Apple, Microsoft and Google together have more than doubled their overseas holdings over the past two years. The drugmakers Merck and Johnson & Johnson each saved about $2 billion last year by shifting profits overseas, according to Bloomberg.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2852094.html
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #193
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Rho whats your idea to get those offshore profits back into the American system? I have given mine over and over. We have to make two corp tax rates. One for domestic profits and one for profits made in other countries.

They don't shift profits as much as we have certain huge companies that do a lot of business overseas not bringing the money home. Why should they? After paying high tax to do business in other countries they dont want to pay another 35% to bring that money home to the USA. Until this issue is handled our economy really can't grow much. Obama can do whatever he wants but he has to make doing business in America more friendly if he wants economy to grow a lot.

We should drop the corp tax rate to about 10% for profits made overseas. The tradeoff would be American companies by law forced to bring at least half of what they earn overseas back to America and pay the 10%. Right now we get 35% of almost nothing.

I think we should also drop the corp rate in America also but only for companies re-investing in America.

our article mentions its common for them to move or keep profits overseas. IMO it's mostly keep overseas. The problem isn't money made in America being swindled out of the country.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #194
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Corporations aren't people, no matter what that ****head Scalia thinks. The corporate rate is the lowest it's been since the 50s. These people are greedy bastards. They take our jobs overseas and then want a tax break for doing it. It's like teams telling communities to build them a stadium or they'll leave and take the team with them.

You really don't see what's happening do you? Globalism is devaluing labor across the globe while funneling more wealth to the investor class. You know what Lincoln said? Labor comes first. Our country comes first. Not corporate profits. Some people in America have become so caught up in ideology that they don't see their country being sold out from under their feet.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #195
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Corporations aren't people, no matter what that ****head Scalia thinks. The corporate rate is the lowest it's been since the 50s. These people are greedy bastards. They take our jobs overseas and then want a tax break for doing it. It's like teams telling communities to build them a stadium or they'll leave and take the team with them.

You really don't see what's happening do you? Globalism is devaluing labor across the globe while funneling more wealth to the investor class. You know what Lincoln said? Labor comes first. Our country comes first. Not corporate profits. Some people in America have become so caught up in ideology that they don't see their country being sold out from under their feet.
He knows this, Roh. He's just decided the rich have already won, so you might as well treat them as nice as possible and maybe they'll give him some. He's just like Saruman. But like Sauron, the rich do not share power.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #196
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

The reality is we have corps making profit overseas and we need that money brought back to the USA. Doesn't matter what your corp tax rate is if they don't bring it back to get taxed you get nothing.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #197
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Damage from fracking overstated.
Fracking uses a lot of water. And in a state like CO where there isn't enough water that's a huge problem. Just one of many, many issues that have to be considered.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Denver Broncos