The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #151
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,551
Default

Now Obama wants to try this new terror suspect in America? in our judicial system? **** that send him to Guantanamo for interrogation where he belongs. I will give Obama some credit though. His new policy of reaching out to repubs like he recently did is great. IMO Obama had pressure from the liberal activist side to push left coming out of the gate. He tried it and in many cases still is. Like trying this enemny combatant in America. But I bet fiscally hes about to come right because he sees that his agenda gts ****ed by playing hardball right now.

Then maybe if the tax raising nonesense turns into some smart corp tax reform, solve the problem off offshore profits not coming back to America, and lets get on with this.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #152
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,551
Default

If Obama wants growth there is only one way to get it. He has to loosen up the EPA on energy producers and manufacturing.

We have a rare earth mine in CA almost ready to re-open. Its been a slog of EPA BS like you wouldn't believe. When it open you watch you will see it make a difference in our economy. Obama could do some really good things but most likely he blows it.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #153
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,953

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

With businesses making record profits and sitting on trillions in cash , why aren't they hiring?

It's because they don't need to. They are squeezing productivity from employees and using technology to expand. There are other components, but you don't have to look far for explanations.

Quote:
Economists say many employers aren’t really feeling that much pressure to hire new workers.

After all, many workers who have been able to hold onto their jobs these last few years will tell you that they are working harder than ever, either because business has picked up or because they are also taking on responsibilities for people who have been let go. And yet, not many people have received significant raises in recent years as wages have stagnated.

Because companies can push their employees to be more productive for the same or less pay, they don’t have a great incentive to hire more workers. Instead, they’re more likely to either push people harder or come up with technological solutions for getting more work done.

“All companies are operating very lean,” Mayland said. “For many businesses, they’re back up to the 2007 to 2008 levels of business activities, but what we find is they’re doing it with significantly lower levels of employees.”
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/econ...kers-1C7357026

Quote:
In addition, technology and other productivity improvements have helped boost per-employee sales and profits in recent years, which could reduce the urgency for some companies to hire. In the Sageworks survey, 23 percent of respondents said their clients’ efficiency has reduced the need to hire additional people.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/sagework...panies-hiring/
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #154
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,617

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If Obama wants growth there is only one way to get it. He has to loosen up the EPA on energy producers and manufacturing.

We have a rare earth mine in CA almost ready to re-open. Its been a slog of EPA BS like you wouldn't believe. When it open you watch you will see it make a difference in our economy. Obama could do some really good things but most likely he blows it.
All that seems to be your head is old recycled Republican BS talking points.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #155
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,551
Default

Yeah those old BS talking points about how high energy costs thwart growth.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #156
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Yeah those old BS talking points about how high energy costs thwart growth.
Growth at the cost of the environment isn't worth it. And forcing the EPA to relax standards would be going against public opinion on both sides of the aisle. In a word, suicidal. Even Republicans want the EPA to be the one to decide the standards.

Quote:
Fully 75 percent of voters (even 62 percent of Republicans) think EPA, not Congress, should decide on air pollution rules.
http://grist.org/clean-air/2011-10-1...or-epa-rules/#
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #157
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If Obama wants growth there is only one way to get it. He has to loosen up the EPA on energy producers and manufacturing.
"Only one way"?

Bull****.

I think you'd crap in your pantry if you believed it would make you a buck.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #158
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
"Only one way"?

Bull****.

I think you'd crap in your pantry if you believed it would make you a buck.
I'm surprised Obama doesn't want a union for that. Then he would give pantry crappers minimum wage. You can't have an economy without energy. Cheap energy should be the goal of every president until we beat China. We can worry about cooling the Earth later. What good is a cool Earth if we lose our status as biggest and the best? That ain't cool! I would rather heat the **** out of the Earth and stay on top as long as possible. You think China and Russia are worried about co2?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #159
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'm surprised Obama doesn't want a union for that. Then he would give pantry crappers minimum wage. You can't have an economy without energy. Cheap energy should be the goal of every president until we beat China. We can worry about cooling the Earth later. What good is a cool Earth if we lose our status as biggest and the best? That ain't cool! I would rather heat the **** out of the Earth and stay on top as long as possible. You think China and Russia are worried about co2?
Do you know what the difference in standard of living between the "biggest and best" and countries like Germany, UK, or Canada? Have you ever been abroad?

I know you don't believe in global warning but let's just pretend you agree with 97% of science. Is the perceived drop in quality of life from #1 to say #10 that much of a difference that its worth gambling the future of the entire world and millions of lives?

And that's just if you believe the quality of life in the US is #1 in the world. Unless when you refer to "biggest and best" you refer to military power, in which case that doesn't really get you anything, as no major power has any interest in military conquest anymore. To do so is to invite ruin. It seems like every major civilized nation understands that...except the US.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #160
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,551
Default

Houghtam just basically admitted the policies he supports will end up dropping the USA to about 10th instead of 1st. Great at least the Earth will be cool.......not! Show me one shred of evidence that Obama has cooled the Earth.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #161
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

WANT TO REPAIR THE ECOLOGY OF THE EARTH IN A YEAR?

http://www.kacperpostawski.com/306/s...nt-matt-bakos/
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #162
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
What good is a cool Earth if we lose our status as biggest and the best? That ain't cool! I would rather heat the **** out of the Earth and stay on top as long as possible.
Go out in a blaze of glory, eh?

Man, you are stupid.

Let's put it to a vote of the planet. 315,000,000 Americans vs. 6,755,000,000 everybody else.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #163
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,551
Default

So now the rest of the world gets to vote our energy prices up? And America spends its capital for the Earth while Russia, China, Indonesia, Brazil, India get to do as they please? I think not WIGGS. It's an awesome line of posts though that really shows how niave liberals are. So what the Earth warms a bit we will adapt. Being the superpower is what is most important.

Haoughtam acutally would prefer America 10th to get his liberal agenda in place.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #164
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
So what the Earth warms a bit we will adapt. Being the superpower is what is most important.
King of the ****pile isn't much of an accomplishment.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #165
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
King of the ****pile isn't much of an accomplishment.
Better then eating the **** of Chinese and the Earth still warming. You said it man America a drop in the bucket 300 million to billions! Unless China agree to halt growth and start retooling to be green it's all ****ing moot. Hell we owe them money explain to me how this works out for us in a positive way? Until all the world is on board wasting money on it is detrimental to our economy and our future as a world power.

Solar power and wind power are not going to conquer the world. The are BS plans to create energy and will never meet the worlds energy demands.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #166
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Better then eating the **** of Chinese and the Earth still warming. You said it man America a drop in the bucket 300 million to billions! Unless China agree to halt growth and start retooling to be green it's all ****ing moot. Hell we owe them money explain to me how this works out for us in a positive way? Until all the world is on board wasting money on it is detrimental to our economy and our future as a world power.

Solar power and wind power are not going to conquer the world. The are BS plans to create energy and will never meet the worlds energy demands.
This is you with a Koch up your ass:


Last edited by W*GS; 03-09-2013 at 08:27 PM..
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #167
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Stop fretting about global warming;

http://www.lunarplanner.com/HolyCross.html
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #168
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Stop fretting about global warming;

http://www.lunarplanner.com/HolyCross.html
Goddamn but you're a flake.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #169
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,551
Default

Wiggs won't argue that co2 reduction by the USA will cool the Earth because he knows it won't. It won't halt, stop, or control global climate change at all. Why? Because he knows India, China, Indoensia, Brazil won't be switching off coal and oil anytime soon. Maybe in another 100 yrs but if we try and move to fast we destroy our economy.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #170
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Wiggs won't argue that co2 reduction by the USA will cool the Earth because he knows it won't. It won't halt, stop, or control global climate change at all. Why? Because he knows India, China, Indoensia, Brazil won't be switching off coal and oil anytime soon. Maybe in another 100 yrs but if we try and move to fast we destroy our economy.
Since when do we let China, India, Brazil, Indonesia dictate our energy policy?

Hell, let's get them to run our country for us.

**** you, cut.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #171
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Houghtam just basically admitted the policies he supports will end up dropping the USA to about 10th instead of 1st. Great at least the Earth will be cool.......not! Show me one shred of evidence that Obama has cooled the Earth.
No, I admitted the US is slipping out of "#1" (however you classify that) regardless of whose policies are in place. Some would say that the US isn't #1 anymore in quality of life. I'm sure there are probably millions (billions?) of people around the world believe their quality of life to be just as good as that in the US. I'm sure many of them are right, too.

But you can go right on ahead and rah rah the US right into an early grave. I'm much less concerned about how much money I have than whether where I live is worth living. Why aren't you? Are you that insecure about yourself that you need need need as much money as possible? I learned to get out of that game years ago, and I'm not really that old.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #172
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Wiggs won't argue that co2 reduction by the USA will cool the Earth because he knows it won't. It won't halt, stop, or control global climate change at all. Why? Because he knows India, China, Indoensia, Brazil won't be switching off coal and oil anytime soon. Maybe in another 100 yrs but if we try and move to fast we destroy our economy.
Some of us don't care what China does.

Some of us just don't want that **** in our backyard. Why can't you respect that? Aren't you the same people that b**** about having to look at a wind turbine? Why should I have to submit to a pipeline running through my country where, if it leaks, it's not going to get cleaned up...period?

All for what, 10 cent cheaper gas? No thanks. No way. Not worth it. Not in my country.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #173
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Since when do we let China, India, Brazil, Indonesia dictate our energy policy?

Hell, let's get them to run our country for us.

**** you, cut.
Do you even know you are a prisoner of your false beliefs?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #174
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Do you even know you are a prisoner of your false beliefs?
Yeah, yeah.

The reptilians run it all.

Goddamn, but you're a flake.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #175
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Some of us don't care what China does.

Some of us just don't want that **** in our backyard. Why can't you respect that? Aren't you the same people that b**** about having to look at a wind turbine? Why should I have to submit to a pipeline running through my country where, if it leaks, it's not going to get cleaned up...period?

All for what, 10 cent cheaper gas? No thanks. No way. Not worth it. Not in my country.
The end of this road is that there are few pipelines or coal plants in the third world. Some call that an aspiration I guess.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Denver Broncos