The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #4376
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 23,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
To put the length of his career in perspective in terms of the Lions, Jason Hanson was drafted only 5 months after Mike Utley was paralyzed in a game against the Los Angeles Rams in 1991. I was actually at that game.

Barry Sanders had just finished his 3rd season with the Lions when they drafted Jason Hanson.

Dan Reeves was still the head coach of the Denver Broncos when Jason Hanson was a rookie.

The Kansas City Chiefs last won a playoff game in 1993, Jason Hanson's second season in the NFL.

Peyton Manning was a sophomore....in high school when Jason Hanson was a rookie in the NFL.

Ronnie Hillman was about 7 months old when Jason Hanson was drafted.

Brett Favre was drafted in 1991, but started his first game in 1992....that's kind of amazing to think Brett Favre started his games played streak in 1992 and kept it going until 2010 playing at the QB position.
i'm only 25 and that **** made me feel old as dirt.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #4377
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
lol it's Texas, they believe they can break away from the union anyways
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #4378
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,315
Default

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have waived linebacker Rolando McClain less than three years after drafting him eighth overall.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #4379
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have waived linebacker Rolando McClain less than three years after drafting him eighth overall.
Raven
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #4380
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,315
Default

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ional-combine/

British discus thrower puts on a show at Regional Combine
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #4381
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 12,892

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ional-combine/

British discus thrower puts on a show at Regional Combine

I think he's got a good chance to sign as an undrafted player. Not sure anybody is going to risk a pick, even a low pick, for somebody who's never even put on a helmet before.

But at his size and speed, you sure would love the chance to sign him as an undrafted player and see what he can do.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #4382
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,073

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Raven
Bengals, they have a track record for players like that.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #4383
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think he's got a good chance to sign as an undrafted player. Not sure anybody is going to risk a pick, even a low pick, for somebody who's never even put on a helmet before.

But at his size and speed, you sure would love the chance to sign him as an undrafted player and see what he can do.
Plus, he is only 21 years old, so you could take a few years to develop him.

It would probably be a different story if he were in his late 20s or older.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #4384
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
RIP Mr. Hockey

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 14,793

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DT 88
Default

Jim Leonhard to Saints:

Quote:
Arran Andersen ‏@arranandersen 8m

“@jimleonhard: I got the okay from my agent. New year, new opportunity. We are glad to be joining the Saints.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #4385
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Jim Leonhard to Saints:
They didnt have anyone to fair catch punts?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #4386
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 26,906
Default

Josina Anderson@JosinaAnderson 2h

Agent Carl Poston just told me that DE Andre Carter has agreed to a 1-year deal with the Oakland #Raiders.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #4387
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
RIP Mr. Hockey

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 14,793

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DT 88
Default

Jets regular season schedule released today:

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #4388
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 50,368

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Josina Anderson@JosinaAnderson 2h

Agent Carl Poston just told me that DE Andre Carter has agreed to a 1-year deal with the Oakland #Raiders.
Didn't the Postons get banned from representing players in the NFL for awhile?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #4389
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Bengals, they have a track record for players like that.
OR....


Rolando McClain - LB - Free Agent

The Ravens are reportedly nearing a deal with free agent ILB Rolando McClain.
After losing both Ray Lewis and Dannell Ellerbe, the Ravens are hungry to add talent at inside linebacker. McClain, the No. 8 overall pick in 2010 that flamed out in Oakland thanks in large part to off-field issues, certainly fits the bill. He also has a tie to GM Ozzie Newsome, as both are Alabama alums. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the two sides are scheduled to talk today "to see if they can iron out unresolved issues."
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #4390
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 23,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The Ravens are reportedly nearing a deal with free agent ILB Rolando McClain.
Damn. If this magically works out for them, which with their track record is very possible, that defense will be pretty good.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #4391
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I hate that there are good players out there, and we appear to be done in Free Agency..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #4392
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Got to see Lady Gaga

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 63,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
OR....


Rolando McClain - LB - Free Agent

The Ravens are reportedly nearing a deal with free agent ILB Rolando McClain.
After losing both Ray Lewis and Dannell Ellerbe, the Ravens are hungry to add talent at inside linebacker. McClain, the No. 8 overall pick in 2010 that flamed out in Oakland thanks in large part to off-field issues, certainly fits the bill. He also has a tie to GM Ozzie Newsome, as both are Alabama alums. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the two sides are scheduled to talk today "to see if they can iron out unresolved issues."
The "unresolved issues" in this case are all mental.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #4393
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 23,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I hate that there are good players out there, and we appear to be done in Free Agency..
Yup, there are definitely some upgrade and depth signings to be had out there. But I suppose the same could be said for just about every team.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #4394
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 26,906
Default


Ravens ink QB Hanie


Owings Mills, MD (Sports Network) - The Baltimore Ravens signed quarterback Caleb Hanie on Tuesday.

Hanie served as Peyton Manning's backup for the Denver Broncos this past season. The 27-year-old Colorado State product served the same role for the Chicago Bears from 2008-2011.
Hanie has appeared in 10 games, throwing for 679 yards, three touchdowns and 10 interceptions. In 2011, Hanie started four games after Jay Cutler was sidelined with a broken thumb on his throwing hand.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #4395
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post

Ravens ink QB Hanie


Owings Mills, MD (Sports Network) - The Baltimore Ravens signed quarterback Caleb Hanie on Tuesday.

Hanie served as Peyton Manning's backup for the Denver Broncos this past season. The 27-year-old Colorado State product served the same role for the Chicago Bears from 2008-2011. Hanie has appeared in 10 games, throwing for 679 yards, three touchdowns and 10 interceptions. In 2011, Hanie started four games after Jay Cutler was sidelined with a broken thumb on his throwing hand.
I wonder if this means the Broncos will be drafting another QB?
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #4396
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

"Hey, until these young guys start doing something, I'm not taking a back seat to them," Bailey said Tuesday, according to the Denver Post. "Later on, maybe, but right now I still feel like I can play at the level I expect and the level they expect me to at corner. Besides, I'm not even close to 36. I'm 34."

Bailey turns 35 in June.





http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...denver-broncos

****ing love Champ.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #4397
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 23,377
Default

hahaha Champ is the man and telling it like it is.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #4398
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Sun-Sentinel reports that the Dolphins are working on a deal for Branden Albert.

Both sides trying to decide which Dolphins 2nd round pick will be compensation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #4399
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Wow... so from Cassel and Albert to Smith and Joeckel at the cost of #1 overall and some 2nd round value.

The Chiefs are hilarious.
I actually think it will be Fisher, not Joeckel.

What would you have done?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #4400
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,315
Default

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ore-the-draft/

Bengals expect to sign either Harrison or Dansby before the draft
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Denver Broncos