The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #4351
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I can't wait for the day that you think any CB signed is not a good get.
Rev is a pretty good evaluator of DBs and he's right we need another one.. But I'm with you on this one, I'm scratching my head as to why he likes Robinson. Robinson is terrible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #4352
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,046

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Any punter who would trade kicking at the Mile High city for Cleveland has rocks in his head.
R$O$C$K$S$
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #4353
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,943

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Yeah I'm honestly surprised that we want another corner. I thought we were good with Champ, Carter, Harris, and Bolden. But I guess you can never have enough corners, but I hope if we do get another CB he's fast enough to check speedy receivers.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #4354
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Rev is a pretty good evaluator of DBs and he's right we need another one.. But I'm with you on this one, I'm scratching my head as to why he likes Robinson. Robinson is terrible.
He probably was loving him coming out of college and just can't stop the bromance. Just like how PP can do no wrong. That would be my guess.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #4355
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Rev is a pretty good evaluator of DBs and he's right we need another one.. But I'm with you on this one, I'm scratching my head as to why he likes Robinson. Robinson is terrible.
Terrible is a gross exaggeration. He's certainly not a top player, but he knows how to play the spot and has a solid skillset. Set him in more zones like KC will and away from the man exposure he got in Atlanta, and it's absolutely a solid value signing.

He certainly won't beat out Flowers, and I have doubts he'll beat Arenas on the outside, but he'll be a solid nickel if they don't throw him at safety.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #4356
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He probably was loving him coming out of college and just can't stop the bromance. Just like how PP can do no wrong. That would be my guess.
Now that Ive completed establishing a permanent residency in your head, I can finally get an in-state school discount in AZ!
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #4357
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He probably was loving him coming out of college and just can't stop the bromance. Just like how PP can do no wrong. That would be my guess.
I would be inclined to agree with the PP part.. But I obviously have a bromance with PM so I would be the last person to cast that stone!

As far as Robinson, hes awful. I'd be curious as to why Rev would want him..?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #4358
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Terrible is a gross exaggeration. He's certainly not a top player, but he knows how to play the spot and has a solid skillset. Set him in more zones like KC will and away from the man exposure he got in Atlanta, and it's absolutely a solid value signing.

He certainly won't beat out Flowers, and I have doubts he'll beat Arenas on the outside, but he'll be a solid nickel if they don't throw him at safety.
No he's terrible, he was the biggest liability in their secondary.

Yes he's probably better in some zones or inside.. We need an outside CB, Harris is great inside.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #4359
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I would be inclined to agree with the PP part.. But I obviously have a bromance with PM so I would be the last person to cast that stone!

As far as Robinson, hes awful. I'd be curious as to why Rev would want him..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
No he's terrible, he was the biggest liability in their secondary.

Yes he's probably better in some zones or inside.. We need an outside CB, Harris is great inside.
...Do we have an eye roll smiley?

Btw: opposing QBs had the LOWEST QB rating in the league targeting Peterson. And not by a small margin. Will be interesting to see how next season plays out with Revis' return.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #4360
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,943

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
No he's terrible, he was the biggest liability in their secondary.

Yes he's probably better in some zones or inside.. We need an outside CB, Harris is great inside.
I thought Carter played the outside pretty well in man coverage.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #4361
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
I thought Carter played the outside pretty well in man coverage.
Carter was great.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #4362
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...Do we have an eye roll smiley?

Btw: opposing QBs had the LOWEST QB rating in the league targeting Peterson. And not by a small margin. Will be interesting to see how next season plays out with Revis' return.
I really like PP, but I like Sherman slightly more as a cover corner where we stand today.. But what makes PP so special is not only is he a great cover corner, he's dynamic with the ball in his hands! I also think PP has more upside in the future because of his crazy athleticism. Don't think I don't like him, he's a good player to have a bromance on, as I'm sure you would agree with me having one on PM being justified.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #4363
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I really like PP, but I like Sherman slightly more as a cover corner where we stand today.. But what makes PP so special is not only is he a great cover corner, he's dynamic with the ball in his hands! I also think PP has more upside in the future because of his crazy athleticism. Don't think I don't like him, he's a good player to have a bromance on, as I'm sure you would agree with me having one on PM being justified.
I assume you think Ty Law was better than Bailey, too?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #4364
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
I thought Carter played the outside pretty well in man coverage.
I think Carter was ok. His interceptions were on miss thrown balls. I think his youth and lack of awareness and discipline really show.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #4365
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I assume you think Ty Law was better than Bailey, too?
Are you being serious?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #4366
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Are you being serious?
Absolutely.

Ty Law posted up great seasons and great numbers back in the day. But he was a big time mugger and big on downfield contact and benefited from a lot of zones.

Back in the day, Bailey played strict man without over the top help so his numbers were lower.

The comparison is pretty identical. I haven't seen anyone get away with illegal contact more than Sherman since Law himself.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #4367
SlyEli
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'd like to see the broncos make a move for grimes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #4368
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
I'd like to see the broncos make a move for grimes.
Too hit or miss for the money, imo. He's started one full season in his career and coming off some pretty significant injuries, especially for a smaller guy.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #4369
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Absolutely.

Ty Law posted up great seasons and great numbers back in the day. But he was a big time mugger and big on downfield contact and benefited from a lot of zones.

Back in the day, Bailey played strict man without over the top help so his numbers were lower.

The comparison is pretty identical. I haven't seen anyone get away with illegal contact more than Sherman since Law himself.
No Law was not better than Bailey and I don't think the comparisons are completely identical, but I think it paints your picture. However, Sherman plays a lot of man coverage without over the top help. Thomas usually rolls over top of Browner. But they mix up zone and man, Sherman will play lots of man. Peterson plays majority man but he gets over the top help. Neither are left completely alone every snap on an island.

I still think PP has more upside..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #4370
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Now that Ive completed establishing a permanent residency in your head, I can finally get an in-state school discount in AZ!
You need some new material your getting a little outdated. Post the article showing PP lowest QB rating. Is it the same PFF that if someone uses against your arguments you say is complete garbage? Rev is the ultimate goalpost mover.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #4371
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
No Law was not better than Bailey and I don't think the comparisons are completely identical, but I think it paints your picture. However, Sherman plays a lot of man coverage without over the top help. Thomas usually rolls over top of Browner. But they mix up zone and man, Sherman will play lots of man. Peterson plays majority man but he gets over the top help. Neither are left completely alone every snap on an island.

I still think PP has more upside..
As rarely as anyone in the league.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #4372
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You need some new material your getting a little outdated. Post the article showing PP lowest QB rating. Is it the same PFF that if someone uses against your arguments you say is complete garbage? Rev is the ultimate goalpost mover.
I dont have any material, scrub. People like you like to bring it up and harp on it.

And people like you are the same guys that would be trashing Von Miller if we'd drafted Peterson.

It is what it is. And I even enjoy your obsession with me.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #4373
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

While we're talking CB, what do y'all think of DRC if Phila lets him go?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #4374
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I dont have any material, scrub. People like you like to bring it up and harp on it.

And people like you are the same guys that would be trashing Von Miller if we'd drafted Peterson.

It is what it is. And I even enjoy your obsession with me.
I was and still am a PP fan. I wanted him in the draft. I knew either pick would be solid and am glad they got Von but PP is amazing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #4375
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
While we're talking CB, what do y'all think of DRC if Phila lets him go?
With our pressure he'd improve, but we can do better, imo.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Denver Broncos