The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #4326
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,312

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Chiefs are currently have $12 million cap space. Cassel will be cut next week which will put them slightly over 17.

That's a lot of money to play with in FA.
Dream Team 2.0
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #4327
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Dream Team 2.0
I believe that drafting your team is the right way to go. Buying championships just doesn't work anymore.

Cowboys, Eagles and Broncos have proven that in recent years while SB winners have most of their team brought in through the draft, especially their QB's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #4328
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

Sounds like Ellerbe may be staying in Baltimore...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...g-ravens-offer
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #4329
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I believe that drafting your team is the right way to go. Buying championships just doesn't work anymore.

Cowboys, Eagles and Broncos have proven that in recent years while SB winners have most of their team brought in through the draft, especially their QB's.

Drew brees disagrees.....Biatch
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #4330
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

MIAMI -- Coming off his best season, Brian Hartline wanted to stay put.

The veteran receiver signed a five-year deal Friday for nearly $31 million to remain with the Miami Dolphins, his agent said. The contract includes $12.5 million guaranteed, agent Drew Rosenhaus said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...ee-5-year-deal
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #4331
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,027

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

That was a good deal for Miami. Hartline produced big time and was a good target for Tannehill. If they go after Mike Wallace or another guy and draft a dude in the 2-4 round with all their picks, they will be LOADED.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #4332
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
That was a good deal for Miami. Hartline produced big time and was a good target for Tannehill. If they go after Mike Wallace or another guy and draft a dude in the 2-4 round with all their picks, they will be LOADED.
I think that is a lot of money for a guy that got almost 500 of his 1000 yards in 3 games and 250 in a game Arizona couldn't cover him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #4333
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I think that is a lot of money for a guy that got almost 500 of his 1000 yards in 3 games and 250 in a game Arizona couldn't cover him.
Are you on the clock in the draft..?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #4334
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Are you on the clock in the draft..?
I guess I was the out of place draft pick through me off and someone usually pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #4335
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Chiefs signed CB Dunta Robinson.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #4336
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,943

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Chiefs signed CB Dunta Robinson.
You mean
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #4337
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,312

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Chiefs signed CB Dunta Robinson.
I thought FA didn't start until Tuesday or Wednesday?

Oh well, kFc getting a head start on signing busts and hasbeens on their way to Dream Team 2.0.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reports, citing a source close to the player, that Dunta Robinson has reached an agreement with the Chiefs on a three-year deal. The former Falcons defensive back was released by Atlanta earlier this month in a cap-saving move that slashed $9 million off the books. The Falcons also got rid of a largely disappointing performer.

More here:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ee-to-contract
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #4338
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I thought FA didn't start until Tuesday or Wednesday?

Oh well, kFc getting a head start on signing busts and hasbeens on their way to Dream Team 2.0.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reports, citing a source close to the player, that Dunta Robinson has reached an agreement with the Chiefs on a three-year deal. The former Falcons defensive back was released by Atlanta earlier this month in a cap-saving move that slashed $9 million off the books. The Falcons also got rid of a largely disappointing performer.

More here:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ee-to-contract
Nope if you're cut you can sign anywhere at any time.

And they are still going after Sean Smith according to reports.

Looks like Dunta is going to be the nickel.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #4339
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Wow I just saw this. John Elway had an interest in this guy too.


Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos

Dunta Robinson visited with Broncos today before signing with Chiefs http://dpo.st/10tdUgG #broncos
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #4340
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,570

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

I like Dunta. He's a good get.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #4341
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Wow I just saw this. John Elway had an interest in this guy too.


Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos

Dunta Robinson visited with Broncos today before signing with Chiefs http://dpo.st/10tdUgG #broncos
I expect him to look at alot of options on a position of need. In glad he's not on our team though. We already have a CB that gets burned.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #4342
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Nope if you're cut you can sign anywhere at any time.

And they are still going after Sean Smith according to reports.

Looks like Dunta is going to be the nickel.
Reports I've seen say they aren't looking to smith now with the dunta signing. I would take milliner over either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #4343
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Browns | Might have interest in Britton Colquitt
Fri, 08 Mar 2013 20:50:10 -0800

The Cleveland Browns might have an interest in restricted free-agent P Britton Colquitt (Broncos). He received the original-round tender Friday, March 8, meaning the Browns would not have to surrender a draft pick to sign him.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#842368#ixzz2N1QQJjkc
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #4344
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I think that is a lot of money for a guy that got almost 500 of his 1000 yards in 3 games and 250 in a game Arizona couldn't cover him.
$12 million is a good deal. He needs someone opposite of him to be the #1.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #4345
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,312

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Reports I've seen say they aren't looking to smith now with the dunta signing. I would take milliner over either.
I have said all along they needed at least 2 CB's among a whole bunch of other positions.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #4346
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I don't like Robinson...

Someone's doing a terrible job watching film to want Robinson.. We have a great Nickel CB in Harris.. We need a legit outside corner, and preferably a new safety or two.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #4347
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Reports I've seen say they aren't looking to smith now with the dunta signing. I would take milliner over either.
I'm just going by what I read here.

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs made a free agent signing late Friday night when they locked up former Atlanta Falcons CB Dunta Robinson to a three-year contract.

But not only did the Chiefs find themselves a corner that could potentially start opposite CB Brandon Flowers, they also prevented Robinson from lining up opposite Dwayne Bowe.

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, Robinson met with the Denver Broncos earlier in the day before deciding to sign with the Chiefs.
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/0...enver-broncos/

What's interesting is we might have signed Robinson to play safety.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #4348
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,841

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I like Dunta. He's a good get.
I can't wait for the day that you think any CB signed is not a good get.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #4349
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,570

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I can't wait for the day that you think any CB signed is not a good get.
Important spot that needs a lot of depth in a passing league. Signing the better players to reasonable deals will always be a good decision.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #4350
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Browns | Might have interest in Britton Colquitt
Fri, 08 Mar 2013 20:50:10 -0800

The Cleveland Browns might have an interest in restricted free-agent P Britton Colquitt (Broncos). He received the original-round tender Friday, March 8, meaning the Browns would not have to surrender a draft pick to sign him.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#842368#ixzz2N1QQJjkc
Any punter who would trade kicking at the Mile High city for Cleveland has rocks in his head.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Denver Broncos