The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #251
R-Mac
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Elway is starting to feel some heat, IMO. Others may disagree, but if you pay a guy $40 million in two years to QB your team, you better find a way to win a Lombardi. Going one and done the first year of $40 million puts some massive pressure on year two.
Especially when he won a playoff game with Simple Jack playing QB the year before.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #252
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Elway is starting to feel some heat, IMO. Others may disagree, but if you pay a guy $40 million in two years to QB your team, you better find a way to win a Lombardi. Going one and done the first year of $40 million puts some massive pressure on year two.
I don't think he's feeling the heat right now....he took over a team that went 4-12, had the 2nd overall pick in the draft, and had Tim Tebow and Kyle Orton at QB.

2 years later his team goes 13-3 behind Peyton Manning. Not sure how many other GMs could have done a better job in 2 years' time?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #253
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
I don't think he's feeling the heat right now....he took over a team that went 4-12, had the 2nd overall pick in the draft, and had Tim Tebow and Kyle Orton at QB.

2 years later his team goes 13-3 behind Peyton Manning. Not sure how many other GMs could have done a better job in 2 years' time?
Exactly. This team was a joke to anyone who wasn't a broncos fan just a couple years ago. Respected organization competitively now and people take notice
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #254
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Elway is starting to feel some heat, IMO. Others may disagree, but if you pay a guy $40 million in two years to QB your team, you better find a way to win a Lombardi. Going one and done the first year of $40 million puts some massive pressure on year two.
To be fair, I think the hopes were that they could win a championship before Manning retires. I don't think anyone expected them to do it in his first year. So I seriously doubt Elway is feeling any heat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #255
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You "don't see teams breaking the bank" for a top 10 pass rusher. I don't need to be Doom's agent to think you are an idiot.
Doom isn't worth $12Million this year, the Broncos don't think so either. If Doom goes elsewhere it will be appease his pride and he won't get $10Mill+ despite how much you want cry about it.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #256
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You "don't see teams breaking the bank" for a top 10 pass rusher. I don't need to be Doom's agent to think you are an idiot.
Your JHNS or jizz depending on what people called you. Pretty easy to tell.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #257
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,022

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Elway is starting to feel some heat, IMO. Others may disagree, but if you pay a guy $40 million in two years to QB your team, you better find a way to win a Lombardi. Going one and done the first year of $40 million puts some massive pressure on year two.
Feeling heat? He took a broken team with the second pick in the draft to a Super Bowl contender in two years. The broncos weren't outclassed against the eventual Super Bowl champs...they lost on a fluke play!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #258
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Doom isn't worth $12Million this year, the Broncos don't think so either. If Doom goes elsewhere it will be appease his pride and he won't get $10Mill+ despite how much you want cry about it.
he would certainly get 10 million a year as a free agent you god damn idiot
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #259
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Your JHNS or jizz depending on what people called you. Pretty easy to tell.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #260
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Elway is starting to feel some heat, IMO. Others may disagree, but if you pay a guy $40 million in two years to QB your team, you better find a way to win a Lombardi. Going one and done the first year of $40 million puts some massive pressure on year two.
feeling what heat? he re-signed Champ who was two feet out the door, he gave us Von Miller, he's revamped a team that was 4-12 when he took that was pure crap and helped us make the playoffs and win the division in two consecutive years.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #261
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,332

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Doom isn't worth $12Million this year, the Broncos don't think so either. If Doom goes elsewhere it will be appease his pride and he won't get $10Mill+ despite how much you want cry about it.
Just wait and see what Avril gets on the market. He would easily surpass that. Peter King ranks Avril as his top free agent this year. If Doom would hit the FA market, he would be the Crown Jewl of it. Doom will easily get 10+ if we let him go. Want to bet?
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #262
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,719
Default

They could be KC and be the worst team in the league, McCheat had them headed there on the high rail so to be 13-3 in 2 years is impressive.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #263
SlyEli
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Just wait and see what Avril gets on the market. He would easily surpass that. Peter King ranks Avril as his top free agent this year. If Doom would hit the FA market, he would be the Crown Jewl of it. Doom will easily get 10+ if we let him go. Want to bet?
I think you're overvaluing dumervil a little bit. He's a situational pass rusher
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #264
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
I think you're overvaluing dumervil a little bit. He's a situational pass rusher
If Denver is in nickle 65% of the time, is Doom really a situational player?
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #265
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer
 
Broncos4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Just wait and see what Avril gets on the market. He would easily surpass that. Peter King ranks Avril as his top free agent this year. If Doom would hit the FA market, he would be the Crown Jewl of it. Doom will easily get 10+ if we let him go. Want to bet?
Really? I agree that Avril would get a lot more than Doom if Doom hit FA. Thats a no brainer. But using Peter king support your opinion is pretty weak. Dudes a hack. And just because Avril might look like great pickup doesn't mean hes gonna go to a team and tear **** up. See Mario Williams....
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #266
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
Really? I agree that Avril would get a lot more than Doom if Doom hit FA. Thats a no brainer. But using Peter king support your opinion is pretty weak. Dudes a hack. And just because Avril might look like great pickup doesn't mean hes gonna go to a team and tear **** up. See Mario Williams....
he's saying that if they were both UFA, Doom would get more $$ than Avril in FA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #267
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,332

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
Really? I agree that Avril would get a lot more than Doom if Doom hit FA. Thats a no brainer. But using Peter king support your opinion is pretty weak. Dudes a hack. And just because Avril might look like great pickup doesn't mean hes gonna go to a team and tear **** up. See Mario Williams....
You are right, Peter King is a hack (but a very important voice in the press department), but Avril is still ranked in the top 1,2 or 3 in most sites. Look it up. Avril will turn 28, and nowhere near the production Doom has. I have no doubt that Doom would be the prize of the market, would command a 10+ mil/ season and a guarantee minimum of 20 mil.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...?sct=uk_t11_a1
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ent-hot-100-2/
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...best-available
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2...ankings-030713
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...shers-get-paid

so yeah.. Avril is ranked on all those sites top or top 2, except for the NFL one where he drops to #6 but still is the first defensive player.

I have no doubt in my mind that Doom would rape the FA market.

Last edited by Heyneck; 03-09-2013 at 09:27 AM..
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #268
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer
 
LetsGoBroncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Just wait and see what Avril gets on the market. He would easily surpass that. Peter King ranks Avril as his top free agent this year. If Doom would hit the FA market, he would be the Crown Jewl of it. Doom will easily get 10+ if we let him go. Want to bet?
Who cares? Then let another team overpay for him. Doesn't mean we should
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #269
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,332

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Who cares? Then let another team overpay for him. Doesn't mean we should
What do you mean who cares? We should care! We have looked numerous years for a pass rush. You think Von provides that all by himself? Anyway... if we get rid of Doom, we have made our bed and must sleep in it.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #270
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,332

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
I think you're overvaluing dumervil a little bit. He's a situational pass rusher
Was Freeney a situational pass rusher?
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #271
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,187

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
If Denver is in nickle 65% of the time, is Doom really a situational player?
Yes...just because we sit in nickle 65% of the time, doesn't mean the opposition throws at that high %....so yes even in nickle he is out there to run stop and he struggles at it....don't get me wrong, I love doom and don't want to lose him. I figure giving him a 3yr deal at 21 mill with a 3 mill signing bonus should get it done. Thus is essentially 8mill/yr...he is worth that.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #272
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,187

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Was Freeney a situational pass rusher?
I believe he is considered a specialist in the pass rush, but an above average run stopper.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #273
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,332

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
Yes...just because we sit in nickle 65% of the time, doesn't mean the opposition throws at that high %....so yes even in nickle he is out there to run stop and he struggles at it....don't get me wrong, I love doom and don't want to lose him. I figure giving him a 3yr deal at 21 mill with a 3 mill signing bonus should get it done. Thus is essentially 8mill/yr...he is worth that.
You sir are delusional if you think Doom would stay for that amount of money.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #274
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,187

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
What do you mean who cares? We should care! We have looked numerous years for a pass rush. You think Von provides that all by himself? Anyway... if we get rid of Doom, we have made our bed and must sleep in it.
I agree, because KC will go hard after him. So we have to do everything in our power to bring a sensible, strong offer to the table.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #275
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
Yes...just because we sit in nickle 65% of the time, doesn't mean the opposition throws at that high %....so yes even in nickle he is out there to run stop and he struggles at it
fwiw, Denver's D was 2nd in the NFL last year in yards given up per rushing attempt (3.6 YPA). They were top 3 in terms of total rushing yards given up on the year. What the pass rush loses in losing Doom is far more detrimental than what the run defense gains with his loss, imo.
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/2012/opp.htm
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Denver Broncos