The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #126
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Beavis owned again.
So you also think players lose their contractual rights whenever they're traded?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #127
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 10,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Yes you can if you trade for him.
No, when a player is traded his contract is assigned to the new team who - and I quote from the CBA:

Quote:
...assignee club will pay Player’s necessary traveling expenses in reporting to it and will faithfully perform this contract with Player.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #128
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pa...lt-to-pull-off

Quote:
From the day he was drafted money has been an issue. He got a rookie deal over the slot he was in and it sent a bad message. He threatened a long holdout a few years later and got an above-market deal, again sending the wrong message. That deal had a "no franchise" clause in it which makes it tough to trade him under this contract.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #129
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,009

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Sweet, SoCal can send them a gift now
I just got my invitation two weeks ago

Damn Tux rental is more expensive than I thought tho.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #130
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I just got my invitation two weeks ago

Damn Tux rental is more expensive than I thought tho.
I highly recommend you let Hotrod style you for the wedding and go with something like this:

elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #131
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
hmm... something doesn't wash. Elway doesn't believe in spending big in FA unless it's a stud like PM. so who would be so enticing? Jackson to pair with Manning for a title?
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #132
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
No, when a player is traded his contract is assigned to the new team who - and I quote from the CBA:
Yes I read that didn't you read my post where I said I was wrong on that? The radio was wrong I was listening to and I read a BS article on it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #133
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 10,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Yes I read that didn't you read my post where I said I was wrong on that? The radio was wrong I was listening to and I read a BS article on it.
Sorry, must have missed it.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #134
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,307

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
hmm... something doesn't wash. Elway doesn't believe in spending big in FA unless it's a stud like PM. so who would be so enticing? Jackson to pair with Manning for a title?
Uh, the Broncos brought in one of the biggest FA landings ever in Manning.

It's quite obvious the Broncos will go after big named guys IF the price is right.

They were close last year. You don't think they are interested in adding good players to the roster? Lol.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #135
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 
Fun at the range MAR 2014

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,249

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Okay so nobody has an opinion on Jackson? Don't ignore me you friggen tools.......hahahaha, JK - gotta a nice Thursday buzz going. Sometimes instead of watching a good comedy movie I come here and read instead. Same affect, lol.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #136
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Okay so nobody has an opinion on Jackson? Don't ignore me you friggen tools.......hahahaha, JK - gotta a nice Thursday buzz going. Sometimes instead of watching a good comedy movie I come here and read instead. Same affect, lol.
What do you mean, the entire forum minus some negative nancies would love to have SJax.. Are you late arriving to the party?

By the way, the Ravens playing with emotion was a really stupid comment I made now.. Right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #137
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Uh, the Broncos brought in one of the biggest FA landings ever in Manning.

It's quite obvious the Broncos will go after big named guys IF the price is right.

They were close last year. You don't think they are interested in adding good players to the roster? Lol.
so you completely gloss over the fact that i said they don't believe in going heavily into FA unless it's a stud like PM(Peyton Manning) and then use PM to make a point i already made?

not understanding that. Elway has said he wants to build the team through the draft and not necessarily FA. so my question was who in FA would be big enough to be similar to Manning if they want Doom to restructure to free up cap to go into FA.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #138
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 16,994

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

People owe Beavis an apology, or at the least admitting they are wrong.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...elvis-dumervil

Unfortunately, I screwed this one up. Clauses such as the one the Jets gave Revis (waiving their right to use their franchise tag on him) do transfer in a trade. Any team that acquires Revis will either have him for 2013 and lose him to free agency, or they'll have to come to terms with Revis on a longer term deal of their own. Like the Jets, they will not be able to tender Revis.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #139
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,307

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

There are plenty of players the team could look at to help out the squad. I figure we will have some decent room to play with. Them wanting Dumervil to ease things up signals to me there are players in FA they would like to have. They might not be big named guys, but they are players who are better than what we had last year at spots:

Terrance Knighton, DT -- JDR selection, obvious fit for the defense. Legit starter. Young.

Michael Bennett -- Not as good of a pass rusher as Dumervil, but a better defender against the run. Would make sense going forward if Dumervil somehow (unlikely) is released/traded.

William Moore or Dashon Goldson -- Would be pricey, but we need longevity in the secondary. They provide this.

Alan Branch -- Did nothing to start his career, but NT for Seahawks the past two. Could help DT rotation.

Dannell Ellerbe -- Cut Mays, cut DJ -- get him?

Derek Cox, Daryl smith -- JDR connection.

Maybe Jackson or Bradshaw at RB.

we could afford one or two of these guys lol
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #140
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
People owe Beavis an apology, or at the least admitting they are wrong.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...elvis-dumervil

Unfortunately, I screwed this one up. Clauses such as the one the Jets gave Revis (waiving their right to use their franchise tag on him) do transfer in a trade. Any team that acquires Revis will either have him for 2013 and lose him to free agency, or they'll have to come to terms with Revis on a longer term deal of their own. Like the Jets, they will not be able to tender Revis.
One of the many reasons teams aren't considering giving anywhere near one 1st rd pick for him right now, well that and the ridiculous $16m per year contract wanted, oh and I forgot the ACL.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #141
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Robert Kraft frees up money and is a hero.
Pat Bowlen frees up money and is called a broke drunk.

A six you say Jay?
Yeah but Kraft didn't free it up by releasing Brady.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #142
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 10,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Okay so nobody has an opinion on Jackson? Don't ignore me you friggen tools.......hahahaha, JK - gotta a nice Thursday buzz going. Sometimes instead of watching a good comedy movie I come here and read instead. Same affect, lol.
I am pretty meh on Jackson, I don't think he will be an upgrade over Mcgahee as a runner, although he is a definite upgrade as a receiver. It has been 6 full seasons since he had double digit TDs in a season, which is a long time for a guy who has about 300 touches per year. His per carry average is not great and it doesn't look like it will improve.

For any team who goes and gets Jackson, I think there has to be an understanding that he is pretty close to his "best before" day, so giving him a big contract with a lot of guaranteed money is a big risk to take.

I think there are better places to spend money in free agency for both short and long term gains. If we really need a RB, I think the 2nd round of the draft is going to give us some really solid options for guys to complement Ronnie Hillman.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #143
SlyEli
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I am pretty meh on Jackson, I don't think he will be an upgrade over Mcgahee as a runner, although he is a definite upgrade as a receiver. It has been 6 full seasons since he had double digit TDs in a season, which is a long time for a guy who has about 300 touches per year. His per carry average is not great and it doesn't look like it will improve.

For any team who goes and gets Jackson, I think there has to be an understanding that he is pretty close to his "best before" day, so giving him a big contract with a lot of guaranteed money is a big risk to take.

I think there are better places to spend money in free agency for both short and long term gains. If we really need a RB, I think the 2nd round of the draft is going to give us some really solid options for guys to complement Ronnie Hillman.
agreed. I'd rather get bradshaw.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #144
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Broncos RE Elvis Dumervil's agent says his client is open to restructuring his deal.
Dumervil is not open to a pay cut, though. "If we can meet on some common ground there's a potential we can get it done. If we can't, then they'll have to make a decision," said Dumervil's agent. "Elvis wants to return as a Bronco if it all possible, and that's what we're trying to do." Dumervil's $12 million salary becomes guaranteed on March 16, but Denver is likely to make a decision by the start of free agency on Tuesday.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #145
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,307

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

So what can we do to keep Elvis and give us more room this year? Eddie?

Cap dude tell us!!!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #146
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,229

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Yeah but Kraft didn't free it up by releasing Brady.
How many players have the Pats cut to keep the Patriot way going? Also when was Doom cut
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #147
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,310

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
What do you mean, the entire forum minus some negative nancies would love to have SJax.. Are you late arriving to the party?

By the way, the Ravens playing with emotion was a really stupid comment I made now.. Right?
Negative Nancy here
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #148
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,310

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Broncos RE Elvis Dumervil's agent says his client is open to restructuring his deal.
Dumervil is not open to a pay cut, though. "If we can meet on some common ground there's a potential we can get it done. If we can't, then they'll have to make a decision," said Dumervil's agent. "Elvis wants to return as a Bronco if it all possible, and that's what we're trying to do." Dumervil's $12 million salary becomes guaranteed on March 16, but Denver is likely to make a decision by the start of free agency on Tuesday.
Now wait a minute, I was told that restructuring was a pay cut. That I was being really inconsiderate expecting a guy to take a pay cut and essentially restructuring was just that.

Luucccy!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #149
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
So what can we do to keep Elvis and give us more room this year? Eddie?

Cap dude tell us!!!
They could basically save $7.33m this year if they wanted to but they wont. They could turn $11m of his $12m base into a signing bonus then prorate it over the remaining 3 years of his contract, saving $7.33m this year but then adding $3.7m to his cap numbers in 2014 and 2015.

I very much doubt Elway will do that but you never know. It seems to me we're not trying to create caproom as such but to find more actual cash spending money this year. ESPN and the others haven't got a ****ing clue when it comes to actual spending.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #150
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
There are plenty of players the team could look at to help out the squad. I figure we will have some decent room to play with. Them wanting Dumervil to ease things up signals to me there are players in FA they would like to have. They might not be big named guys, but they are players who are better than what we had last year at spots:

Terrance Knighton, DT -- JDR selection, obvious fit for the defense. Legit starter. Young.

Michael Bennett -- Not as good of a pass rusher as Dumervil, but a better defender against the run. Would make sense going forward if Dumervil somehow (unlikely) is released/traded.

William Moore or Dashon Goldson -- Would be pricey, but we need longevity in the secondary. They provide this.

Alan Branch -- Did nothing to start his career, but NT for Seahawks the past two. Could help DT rotation.

Dannell Ellerbe -- Cut Mays, cut DJ -- get him?

Derek Cox, Daryl smith -- JDR connection.

Maybe Jackson or Bradshaw at RB.

we could afford one or two of these guys lol
i agree that we can afford those guys, but the quote was that they wanted to free money up for free agency. Elway is on record as wanting to build through the draft and has passed on top tier free agents in the past outside of Manning.
everyone else has been reclamation projects, aging vets who have a bit left in the tank or lower tier low risk signings.
now maybe the philosophy has changed because Manning has only so many years left and it's a championship or bust mantra now.

so my thought was that there is likely one key guy they see that they want to chase and think it might take up some cap room and want to have additional flexibility if they can land him.

i assume it's Steven Jackson since it would provide Manning with a dynamic RB he hasn't had since James in Indy.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Denver Broncos