The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #26
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
Don't fool yourself. DJ can be an idiot on the field, too.
For sure. Thats why I want a reduced contract. What has it been? ten years in the league. We need to find a replacement. I'm just not a fool to cut a player til we've found a better player.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #27
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I think we have to keep Leonhard unless we sign Woodson and move him to FS.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #28
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think we have to keep Leonhard unless we sign Woodson and move him to FS.
Bingo. Hopefully Q Carter will be back to full strength.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #29
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
Don't fool yourself. DJ can be an idiot on the field, too.
If he was worth a crap as a MLB when they gave him the job, then it would not be a discussion as we speak.. but he was unable to relay the calls in for the front seven, and do not as him to make an adjustment if the call was bad..

the guy is an athlete no doubt but dumber than a box of rocks..

Even at a reduced value (he could not beat out old man Brookins) I'd rather have a rookie MLB even IF that meant him blowing a few plays during the year..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #30
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

First time I have seen that the Broncos are interested in re-signing Vickerson before Free Agency starts. I was always surprised he was never mentioned in any articles as a priority to resign. I thought he did a nice job last year.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...punter-britton

Quote:
After placing their franchise tag on all-pro offensive tackle Ryan Clady, the Broncos had nine remaining unrestricted free agents.

Among those nine, the team is trying to re-sign special-teams player David Bruton and defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson before they reach the NFL's open market Tuesday.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #31
schaaf

No way they let Bruton go, they value his special teams too much for that.

Chris Clark won't be going anywhere, rarely find a guy that can literally play every position on the line even Tight End.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #32
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Bruton definitely has to be re-signed. I agree with keeping Vickerson.

Per the article: Colquitt (P) Clark (OL) and Ball (RB) will be tendered. That means they are on the squad going forward through camp. Clark and Ball are getting right-of-first-refusal tenders, which means their contracts are not guaranteed and would have to make the roster to get the amount of 1.33 million.

Really don't get why we are keeping Ball unless Moreno or McGahee is getting the axe. That dude is not impressive and really a waste of a roster space.

Everyone but Tracy Porter is expected to get some interest from us, but will test the market. Don't see the need for it. Those six guys could cost us decent contracts that could hamper us from getting a legit free agent or two. I'd rather get two solid players than a few rotational guys. We should be able to get a couple of FA and use upgrades through our early picks in the draft to solidify this roster.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #33
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I guess they're trying to keep some continuity on special teams. Young guys like Ball and Clark are useful backups, but their real contribution is on ST's. The FO probably doesn't want to have too much roster turnover this year, the grass isn't always greener. They're cheap and will still have to compete with the lower draft picks and UDFA's. Safe, solid moves.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #34
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Bruton definitely has to be re-signed. I agree with keeping Vickerson.

Per the article: Colquitt (P) Clark (OL) and Ball (RB) will be tendered. That means they are on the squad going forward through camp. Clark and Ball are getting right-of-first-refusal tenders, which means their contracts are not guaranteed and would have to make the roster to get the amount of 1.33 million.

Really don't get why we are keeping Ball unless Moreno or McGahee is getting the axe. That dude is not impressive and really a waste of a roster space.

Everyone but Tracy Porter is expected to get some interest from us, but will test the market. Don't see the need for it. Those six guys could cost us decent contracts that could hamper us from getting a legit free agent or two. I'd rather get two solid players than a few rotational guys. We should be able to get a couple of FA and use upgrades through our early picks in the draft to solidify this roster.
For now I think we have to consider Ball a camp body, he knows the system although he doesn't have the talent to execute it and RFA tenders are not guaranteed until week 1 of the season I believe.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #35
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggymac609 View Post
Here's a list of our upcoming free agents, what does everyone think we will do with them? the ones i think we should re-sign are in bold
RB Lance Ball (RFA):
RB Chris Gronkowski (RFA)
WR Brandon Stokley
WR Matt Willis
C Dan Koppen
OT Ryan Clady

OT Chris Clark (RFA)DL Ty Warren
DL Justin Bannan
DL Jason Hunter
DL Kevin Vickerson
DL Mitch Unrein (exclusive rights)

LB Keith Brooking
DB Tracy Porter
DB Jim Leonhard
DB David Bruton - good ST player, keep him too.
DB Tony Carter (exclusive rights)
P Britton Colquitt (RFA).
broom everyone else, get a FB late in the draft and draft two DT's.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #36
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Not sure that Koppen will be brought back. If they said Walton is the starter moving forward and they had plans to groom Blake at C/OG as well. Perhaps, but I doubt it. Agreed on all of the rest, Clark was already told he would be tendered as an RFA, as well as Ball. Their contracts are not guaranteed until after they make the team. Stokley probably gets his final ride with the team.

Vickerson should get re-signed. Unrein is cheap and an ERFA. Let Bannan go. I don't see us retaining them all. We will see how Sealver Siligia pans out. I thought he could be a good pro coming out of Utah. He is just 22. Either way, that means we will only have 3 DT's on the roster. I expect (because of the JDR connection) that Terrance Knighton will be brought in. That makes four. I'd also expect us to use a pick on one in the draft, probably in the middle rounds.

Bruton has to be re-signed.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote