The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #726
Aftermath
Creep
 
Aftermath's Avatar
 
Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Dirty Glove
Posts: 830

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Justin Peters makes a season highlight reel save on Vanek, Semin nets his first home goal, and the Canes make it 4 in a row. Next up is a home bout with the Habs.
Hodgsons goal might have been GOTY in that game.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #727
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
I was at the caps/bruins game tonight.

I swear I have never seen a team b**** and whine as much as the "big, bad" Bruins. ****ing STFU and play.

Chara was in the referees ear all game long. They deserved to lose; caps totally outworked them.
Being at the game, you missed what was going on behind the action. Ovy in particular was caught by the cameras taking cheap shots all game long......and no calls. I'll give him the one BS call on the Kelly hit. No way should that have been a penalty. But the call on Chara for hooking Ovy late in the game was equally egregious. It was a very bad night for the refs.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #728
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,037

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Devils are in the midst of a pretty bad skid, but the good news is they can only get better from here and they're still in a playoff spot. Need Marty back in a bad, bad way though. Hedberg is the worst.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #729
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

BTW, Redskin, how is it down there? We just got word that our DC office is shutdown today due to the storm.

It's heading this way tonight/tomorrow.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #730
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Hodgsons goal might have been GOTY in that game.
if we see a better goal than that all season then i pity whomever the poor soul who gets his ankles broken and jock strap left on the ice.
that was sick all around.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #731
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
BTW, Redskin, how is it down there? We just got word that our DC office is shutdown today due to the storm.

It's heading this way tonight/tomorrow.
not bad at all...Im in Alexandria and there is snow on the ground but none on the streets.

of course if you're about 30 miles west, you have 6-8 easy.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #732
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,227

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
not bad at all...Im in Alexandria and there is snow on the ground but none on the streets.
So the schools are closed and the city has been shut down.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #733
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,783

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
So the schools are closed and the city has been shut down.
That's the way states operate south of the Mason Dixon line. If there is white stuff on the ground, take the day off. Hell, in NC if there is a 30% chance of snow they cancel school, and colleges in the state. It's really annoying.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #734
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,783

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Hodgsons goal might have been GOTY in that game.
It was one heck of an individual effort. First he robbed Eric Staal of the puck, then he juked a very positionally sound Justin Faulk, and finished with some nice stick work in front is a hot goaltender.

I was a little disappointed with the lack of energy from the Canes in the third. After dominating the first, and taking advantage of Buffalo's desperation in the second, it seemed like they lost the killer instinct in the third. Too many guys not hustling, and a complete disappearance of the forecheck.


It's always nice to sweep Buffalo.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #735
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
So the schools are closed and the city has been shut down.
pretty much.....there was more snow on the road when I got home from my lacrosse game last night then when I woke up.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #736
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 10,919

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Halfway report on the Red Wings:

Injuries have really piled on, through 20 games the team dressed 5 different Goaltenders, 9 backs and 18 forwards. Only 8 players have played in all games so far this season, that number includes only 1 defenseman and 2 of the top 6 forwards.

Great players play great hockey, of the 166 points recorded by all players on the roster, 81 (49%) have been recorded by the top 4 point scorers (3 forwards and the top defenseman).

Youth movement, although Detroit is considered by many to an aging team, the oldest currently active players are Danny Cleary and Pavel Datsyuk both 34 and the average age of the team is a very respectable 28 years. More importantly, of the 8 players who have played in every game, 5 are under 30 years old. 3 players under 30 have notched double digit points, Damian Brunner who leads all first year players in goals and points, Jonathan Ericsson who has really found his rythm this year as a number 2 D-man and Valterri Filpula.

Mike Babcock has never coached better than he has this season, he is doing more with less than at any other time in his career. This is not the powerhouse Team Canada he won Olympic gold with, nor the team that could field half a dozen hall of famers he took to the Stanley Cup final 2 years in a row or even the underrated Ducks team he took to the finals. No team that has Justin Abdelkader and Danny Cleary masquerading as top 6 forwards and plays Brian Lashoff for nearly 19 minutes a game can be said to be a talent-laden squad. Still, Babcock has been overcoming the onslaught of injuries, the non-existant offseason and the lack of free agency procurements.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #737
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I saw the replay of the puck hitting Marc Staal in the eye in the Rags game.....that looked bad..hopefully he is alright.
any word yet, that was terrible.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #738
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ovy in particular was caught by the cameras taking cheap shots all game long......and no calls. I'll give him the one BS call on the Kelly hit. No way should that have been a penalty. But the call on Chara for hooking Ovy late in the game was equally egregious. It was a very bad night for the refs.
Ovie is the new cindy, I swear, he is brutal, he may even be worse than cindy at this point for the embellishment crap
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #739
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Halfway report on the Red Wings:
Dont care
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #740
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
any word yet, that was terrible.
nothing until the swelling goes down but the fact he didn't need to go to the hospital is a great sign. It's said it is not a career ending injury.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #741
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Nice effort Avs....now fire Sacco!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #742
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,257

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

That was ****ty. 3rd period lead blown to a shorthanded goal, 50 seconds away from at least the OT point...
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #743
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,478

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
nothing until the swelling goes down but the fact he didn't need to go to the hospital is a great sign. It's said it is not a career ending injury.
He'll be fine IMO.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #744
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
That was ****ty. 3rd period lead blown to a shorthanded goal, 50 seconds away from at least the OT point...
Avs always find ways to **** up! I have no confidence what so ever when they have a 1 goal lead that they'll pull it out. It's been an on going thing for the past 3 years. It's literally the same **** night in and night out. Yet Sacco is still the coach..I don't get it.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #745
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,241
Default

Sacco has to go, i can't take much more of this. we a have stud goaltender who is constantly getting pelted with shots and having to keep his team in games with no help.
we have a offense that is so retarded that it only looks good on broken plays or instances where a player just says **** it and lets go.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #746
Aftermath
Creep
 
Aftermath's Avatar
 
Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Dirty Glove
Posts: 830

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
It was one heck of an individual effort. First he robbed Eric Staal of the puck, then he juked a very positionally sound Justin Faulk, and finished with some nice stick work in front is a hot goaltender.

I was a little disappointed with the lack of energy from the Canes in the third. After dominating the first, and taking advantage of Buffalo's desperation in the second, it seemed like they lost the killer instinct in the third. Too many guys not hustling, and a complete disappearance of the forecheck.


It's always nice to sweep Buffalo.
Right after he scored he looked at the scoreboard to see how much time was left. He was determined to tie it. I'm a big fan of Faulk but he didn't look too good there (not like anyone would). I luckily took Hodgson in the last round of my fantasy hockey draft. I have no idea what Vancouver was thinking when they traded him.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #747
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He'll be fine IMO.
still don't get the players not wearing a visor....hell, even when playing street hockey (our town had an asphalt rink behind the ice rink), I wore one.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #748
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
still don't get the players not wearing a visor....hell, even when playing street hockey (our town had an asphalt rink behind the ice rink), I wore one.
i'd be tempted to wear a caged mask if i was a NHL guy. damn sure wouldn't play without a visor(though i mostly like them because they look pretty sweet)
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #749
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Avs always find ways to **** up! I have no confidence what so ever when they have a 1 goal lead that they'll pull it out. It's been an on going thing for the past 3 years. It's literally the same **** night in and night out. Yet Sacco is still the coach..I don't get it.
We went to the Ducks game when they played the Avs. Even with a two goal lead, I told my son," Don't worry. Ducks will still win this one." Sure enough, Avs fall apart. That team needs a stopper among other things. When the going gets tough, they fold like a 2-7 poker hand.

I cannot wait until March 20th. I have no clue if Blackhawks will still have their ungodly streak coming into this game vs the Ducks but big time matchup from top 2 teams in the West.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #750
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Halfway report on the Red Wings:

Injuries have really piled on, through 20 games the team dressed 5 different Goaltenders, 9 backs and 18 forwards. Only 8 players have played in all games so far this season, that number includes only 1 defenseman and 2 of the top 6 forwards.

Great players play great hockey, of the 166 points recorded by all players on the roster, 81 (49%) have been recorded by the top 4 point scorers (3 forwards and the top defenseman).

Youth movement, although Detroit is considered by many to an aging team, the oldest currently active players are Danny Cleary and Pavel Datsyuk both 34 and the average age of the team is a very respectable 28 years. More importantly, of the 8 players who have played in every game, 5 are under 30 years old. 3 players under 30 have notched double digit points, Damian Brunner who leads all first year players in goals and points, Jonathan Ericsson who has really found his rythm this year as a number 2 D-man and Valterri Filpula.

Mike Babcock has never coached better than he has this season, he is doing more with less than at any other time in his career. This is not the powerhouse Team Canada he won Olympic gold with, nor the team that could field half a dozen hall of famers he took to the Stanley Cup final 2 years in a row or even the underrated Ducks team he took to the finals. No team that has Justin Abdelkader and Danny Cleary masquerading as top 6 forwards and plays Brian Lashoff for nearly 19 minutes a game can be said to be a talent-laden squad. Still, Babcock has been overcoming the onslaught of injuries, the non-existant offseason and the lack of free agency procurements.
Howard's had a very good year so far and I was shocked to read that Kronwall's a Norris candidate at -3. Brunner's been a great addition and plays well with Z. Still, with Bertuzzi, Sammy, Flip, Mule and Helm out for significant amounts of time, I agree that Babcock's been coaching well. Sleeper for second half: Tatar. I just don't see anyone that can put up consistent offense right now.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Denver Broncos