The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Poll: When will a majority of Republicans view this "tea party victory" as bad?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
When will a majority of Republicans view this "tea party victory" as bad?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,910

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default How long until republicans view the sequester as negative

"This will be the first significant tea party victory in that we got what we set out to do in changing Washington" - Tim Huelskamp, Kan. (R)


Currently as of March 4th:


------------




------------


When will a majority of Republicans decide austerity is a bad thing? Or perhaps, when will a majority of Republicans blame this "tea party victory" on Obama?

Gallup is keeping their poll updated, so when/if the shift happens, I will bump this thread with a list of winners.

Last edited by Blart; 03-05-2013 at 01:22 PM..
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,491
Default

i already do see it as a negative. But doing no cuts is even worst. A better plan would have been the politicians really getting down into the budget and cutting specific waste. But they won't do it so this is the only way.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,491
Default

So when will democrats regret not dealing and demanding instead even higher taxes? Also when will you all regret Obamacare? When you lose your coverage and your favorite family doc?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,910

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
So when will democrats regret not dealing and demanding instead even higher taxes?
Oh man, higher taxes. Imagine that, rich americans investing in america?!?! Look what those evil tax increases have wrought upon California:
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ia-in-surplus/
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,561
Default

As soon as the unemployment rate goes up, expect the rightards to come into this board crying.only thing is is that the GOP is going to get the blame by the american public.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
Oh man, higher taxes. Imagine that, rich americans investing in america?!?! Look what those evil tax increases have wrought upon California:
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ia-in-surplus/
yeah after 4-5 yrs of budgt cuts and a sales tax increase that hits everyone. You make it sound like CA did it by just hitting up rich people. Not the case at all. Also i live here and the unemployment still really bad. Browns plan to tax the rich is actually slowing driving them out of the state and in -6 yrs will show to have been a horrid plan.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,849

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

I don't understand how the Republicans, that are not die hard tea party folks, because they will just be blind no matter what, can see closing tax loop holes as trying to raise taxes on the wealthy. It's all the money that they move offshore that they are trying to avoid paying taxes on. That's not raising taxes, that's just asking them to obey the law and not practice tax evasion.

Well if we're not going to ask the richest Americans and corporations to obey the law and pay taxes on all of their income, then why should the rest of us. Hey, here's an idea, why don't we pass legislation that allows middle income families to move say 25% of our income to offshore accounts and we won't have to pay tax on that either. I'm sure all those banks would just love that idea and The Republican leaders will be super happy at all that tax revenue down the drain.

I'm down with that if that's what they want to do. We should just have the same set of rules the rich get. If they can hide money overseas, we should be able to also. But alas, they won't go for that. They're only interested in helping the wealthy. The Republicans are becoming more and more the party of the rich. It wasn't always as extreme as it is today but it's becoming more and more obvious to most Americans and that's why the Republican party is shrinking.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

First four years, blame bush and the next four years blame the Republican Party.

Never under any circumstances admit Obama and his policies are not working.

Last edited by Pony Boy; 03-05-2013 at 03:17 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
Oh man, higher taxes. Imagine that, rich americans investing in america?!?! Look what those evil tax increases have wrought upon California:
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ia-in-surplus/
Anything Krugman says usually has a 30 day expiration date.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,1532584.story

Quote:
The report says the extra money was "likely the result of major tax law changes at the federal and state level having a significant impact in the timing of revenue receipts."

That is: Taxpayers were paying a share of their bill early, getting income off their books in the hope of limiting exposure to the tax hikes that recently kicked in.

The administration was expecting that money to arrive in April. Now, officials are saying it won't, and that just as January's receipts soared, they'll be offset by a spring plunge.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #10
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,561
Default

Perfect example of righty thinking pony.blame.that's all u guys got left.and u might wanna brush up on how the gubmint works.congress passes laws,not the prez.so far the repubs have the lowest approval rating they have ever had.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
yeah after 4-5 yrs of budgt cuts and a sales tax increase that hits everyone. You make it sound like CA did it by just hitting up rich people. Not the case at all. Also i live here and the unemployment still really bad. Browns plan to tax the rich is actually slowing driving them out of the state and in -6 yrs will show to have been a horrid plan.
California didn't accomplish anything. The temporary bump in revenue proves the opposite of what they claim. It's simply the rush of people working overtime to avoid their new tax raises by taking as much income as they can under old rates.

In other words, they didn't make their budget situation better. They just made it even worse.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #12
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,910

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Perfect example of righty thinking pony.blame.that's all u guys got left.and u might wanna brush up on how the gubmint works.congress passes laws,not the prez.so far the repubs have the lowest approval rating they have ever had.
Exactly, they don't look at their beliefs. The "small government by any means necessary" ideology.

Just, "liberals did that too!" and "OBAMA!!!!"


Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Anything Krugman says usually has a 30 day expiration date.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,1532584.story
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
yeah after 4-5 yrs of budgt cuts and a sales tax increase that hits everyone. You make it sound like CA did it by just hitting up rich people. Not the case at all. Also i live here and the unemployment still really bad. Browns plan to tax the rich is actually slowing driving them out of the state and in -6 yrs will show to have been a horrid plan.

Sorry, the democrat supermajority is doing just fine. Sure, they're acting like moderate republicans rather than leftists, but it's working.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...itch-says.html
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #13
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
First four years, blame bush and the next four years blame the Republican Party.

Never under any circumstances admit Obama and his policies are not working.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/0...h-beating.html

Dow closes at all-time high, beating 2007 record

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51048395#.UTaArjfpy3g

US home prices rose by most in nearly 7 years

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #14
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,213

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/0...h-beating.html

Dow closes at all-time high, beating 2007 record

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51048395#.UTaArjfpy3g

US home prices rose by most in nearly 7 years

So the sequester worked?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #15
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,632

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/0...h-beating.html

Dow closes at all-time high, beating 2007 record

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51048395#.UTaArjfpy3g

US home prices rose by most in nearly 7 years

But are 26 percent below 2007...

Need to read the whole article...
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #16
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
But are 26 percent below 2007...

Need to read the whole article...
Read it. Housing crash happened before Obama was in office. Only took him four years to turn around what your boy ruined. Economy now on upswing. So much for failed policies. Paleocons crawl back into their holes. Nirvana ensues.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,491
Default

No the fed is pumping money into the stock market.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:31 AM   #18
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Read it. Housing crash happened before Obama was in office. Only took him four years to turn around what your boy ruined. Economy now on upswing. So much for failed policies. Paleocons crawl back into their holes. Nirvana ensues.
It's so cute when people think of their favorite politicians as omnipotent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #19
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
So when will democrats regret not dealing and demanding instead even higher taxes? Also when will you all regret Obamacare? When you lose your coverage and your favorite family doc?
Which taxes that you pay are higher?

And with or without Obamacare do you think you'd be able to keep your coverage forever? Do you think the system was working and was going to continue to work as it was? Do you believe in fairy tales? Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Read it. Housing crash happened before Obama was in office. Only took him four years to turn around what your boy ruined. Economy now on upswing. So much for failed policies. Paleocons crawl back into their holes. Nirvana ensues.
the economy shrank last quarter. You lie.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,491
Default

Its true that the bailout on the bad home loans, the fed pumping money into the system has helped the stock markets and the housing markets. I guess Obama gets credit or blame for that depending on how you look at it. Really though the roots of the housing crash go back even further then Bush. TARP even goes back before Obama. The feds policies? who knows who controls them but they are printing money we know that.

I have to be honest its so much money and I am know banking whiz but i can't see this as some great Obama economic policy he will be remembered for.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Its true that the bailout on the bad home loans, the fed pumping money into the system has helped the stock markets and the housing markets. I guess Obama gets credit or blame for that depending on how you look at it. Really though the roots of the housing crash go back even further then Bush. TARP even goes back before Obama. The feds policies? who knows who controls them but they are printing money we know that.

I have to be honest its so much money and I am know banking whiz but i can't see this as some great Obama economic policy he will be remembered for.
Great, so you finally admit it after over a year of us repeating it. Vast majority of spending has nothing to do with him. So you can at least stop with the OMG OBAMA'S SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY bull****.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #23
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Read it. Housing crash happened before Obama was in office. Only took him four years to turn around what your boy ruined. Economy now on upswing. So much for failed policies. Paleocons crawl back into their holes. Nirvana ensues.
Who's going to pay Obama's Chinese credit card bill?
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Great, so you finally admit it after over a year of us repeating it. Vast majority of spending has nothing to do with him. So you can at least stop with the OMG OBAMA'S SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY bull****.
No Obamas spending and policies since taking over are why we haven't recovered. His green energy giveaway, attacks on energy producers through EPA, porkulus debacle of a stimulus have indeed been horrid for growth.

But Obama isn't to blame for the housing crash as far as i know. Was he even around when Barney Frank did that?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Denver Broncos