The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #201
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
When you understand that Miller counts as part of the 4 and not the 2, you'll know why a 3 down MLB is paramount for Denver.

PS. Every defense in the league spends 60%+ in the nickel.
And 80% of the teams do not have a 3 down MLber either

Paramount. Please. Overreact much?

Deshown Golston would have just as much impact on this team as a rookie MLBer and provide the same benefit which is covering teh samn TEs in this league

Last edited by CEH; 03-05-2013 at 11:06 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #202
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Sio Moore might be the best option at MIKE and as a 3-down LB. I know UCONN used him all over the place, but I like what he did on the inside. He definitely has the ability to be a half-field LB. He's got ideal size, he's extremely versatile, smart, strong, has great athleticism, and fights through blockers well.

Only problem is, I doubt he'll still be on the board at #58.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #203
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
And 80% of the teams do not have a 3 down MLber either

Paramount. Please. Overreact much?

Deshown Golston would have just as much impact on this team as a rookie MLBer and provide the same benefit which is covering teh samn TEs in this league
Saying there's only 5 3 down MLBers in the league is nothing shy of laughable. San Francisco has two on their team alone. In fact, I'd bet over half the teams in the league have 3 down MLBers. So not only is your 80% figure a laughable indicator of your ignorance, but 80% of teams aren't blitzing their Sam regularly either...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #204
Bacchus

Quote:
Saying there's only 5 3 down MLBers in the league is nothing shy of laughable. San Francisco has two on their team alone. In fact, I'd bet over half the teams in the league have 3 down MLBers. So not only is your 80% figure a laughable indicator of your ignorance, but 80% of teams aren't blitzing their Sam regularly either...
Elway has already said that they are most likely going to go with Irving and Johnson. Doesn't sound like a high priority to me.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #205
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Elway has already said that they are most likely going to go with Irving and Johnson. Doesn't sound like a high priority to me.
He is bluffing. If he isn't, he is a moron.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #206
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Here come the insults. Good to know that you can do basic 4th grade math.

And SF is one team not two teams and I further pointed out already that SF is the exception to the rule. Sure everone would love to have a Willis or Bowman.

I'm talking about 80% as in a "team" that has a player that would meet my definition of PARAMOUNT. I can only conclude that if you think 50% of the league has this PARMOUNT player Denver needs so badly it migth be easy to aquire said PARAMOUNT player without using a 1st round pick. I mean if 50 % of the league already has one or did all 16 teams use a first round pick and wasn't this the topic of the thread

* See what I'm doing here. Instead of addressing the spirit of a post I'm taking some snippit of a post and harping on it over and over again.

Last edited by CEH; 03-05-2013 at 12:23 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #207
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
True, but you can't trust what they're saying. Could be a smoke screen. They're never going to completely give away their true intentions.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #208
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Here come the insults. Good to know that you can do basic 4th grade math.

And SF is one team not two teams and I further pointed out already that SF is the exception to the rule. Sure everone would love to have a Willis or Bowman.

I'm talking about 80% as in a "team" that has a player that would meet my definition of PARAMOUNT. I can only conclude that if you think 50% of the league has this PARMOUNT player Denver needs so badly it migth be easy to aquire said PARAMOUNT player without using a 1st round pick. I mean if 50 % of the league already has one or did all 16 teams use a first round pick and wasn't this the topic of the thread

* See what I'm doing here. Instead of addressing the spirit of a post I'm taking some snippit of a post and harping on it over and over again.
Willis/Bowman
Darryl Washington
Kuechly
Bobby Wagner
Posluzny
Cushing
Steven Tulloch
Johnathan Vilma
Sean Lee
Akeem Dent
Dansby
Jerod Mayo
Derrick Johnson
Urlacher
Lewis*
Fletcher*

So there's half the NFL, JUST OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD.

Want to keep going or are you sufficiently embarrassed yet?

80%
Old 03-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #209
Bacchus

Quote:
Willis/Bowman
Darryl Washington
Kuechly
Bobby Wagner
Posluzny
Cushing
Steven Tulloch
Johnathan Vilma
Sean Lee
Akeem Dent
Dansby
Jerod Mayo
Derrick Johnson
Urlacher
Lewis*
Fletcher*

80%
Just by looking at that list Vilma did not even play MLB last year, and Urlacher kinda sucked. My knowledge of NFL MLBs is kinda small though.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #210
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Just by looking at that list Vilma did not even play MLB last year, and Urlacher kinda sucked. My knowledge of NFL MLBs is kinda small though.
Can sub Lofton all the same though Vilma will probably be back at Mike this season.

Urlacher's "kinda sucked" consisted of 7 PDs and a pick. Al Wilson had ONE season in his entire career where he was able to match that.

...Just fyi.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #211
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
So we can be expecting Elway to make the draft list public soon right?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #212
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So we can be expecting Elway to make the draft list public soon right?
It sounded like a moment of candor to me. So Would you take Minter in the first? Te'o?

I would not be upset by a MLB in the first but I think the best way to improve the MLB play would be getting a great DT.

Your MLB is not going to make your DT better but a great DT makes your MLB much better by keeping the OL off of him.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #213
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
It sounded like a moment of candor to me. So Would you take Minter in the first? Te'o?

I would not be upset by a MLB in the first but I think the best way to improve the MLB play would be getting a great DT.

Your MLB is not going to make your DT better but a great DT makes your MLB much better by keeping the OL off of him.
I'll tell you what, I want the best player for the scheme we run.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #214
Bacchus

Quote:
I'll tell you what, I want the best player for the scheme we run.
yeah me too, I would not mind that wr from West Virgina or Trufant if he falls that far.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #215
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Willis/Bowman
Darryl Washington
Kuechly
Bobby Wagner
Posluzny
Cushing
Steven Tulloch
Johnathan Vilma
Sean Lee
Akeem Dent
Dansby
Jerod Mayo
Derrick Johnson
Urlacher
Lewis*
Fletcher*

80%
Not really embarrassed by anything. Good job using GOOGLE. My son in 3rd grade uses GOOGLE pretty well too.

Looks to me like your list is made up of top 15 picks and 2nd round and beyond talent

Back to the 80%. I'd say that your list proves there is about 6-7 players all top 15 picks that I would consider PARAMOUNT players. Realistic type player for Denver? Hardly which brings me to the other half of the list.

Remind me again who Denver could not draft in round two with a little wiggling like dropping out of the 1st and pickup a pick or two

While you want to narrow in on a specifc fact you inadvently proved my point of the thread . Denver does not need to draft a MLBer at #28 to fill that position

Job well done.

Last edited by CEH; 03-05-2013 at 02:57 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #216
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Not really embarrassed by anything. Good job using GOOGLE. My son in 3rd grade uses GOOGLE pretty well too.

Looks to me like your list is made up of top 15 picks and 2nd round and beyond talent

Back to the 80%. I'd say that your list proves there is about 6-7 players all top 15 picks that I would consider PARAMOUNT players. Realistic type player for Denver? Hardly which brings me to the other half of the list.

Remind me again who Denver could not draft in round two with a little wiggling like dropping out of the 1st and pickup a pick or two

While you want to narrow in on a specifc fact you inadvently proved my point of the thread . Denver does not need to draft a MLBer at #28 to fill that position

Job well done. I knew I could manipulate you once you turned into Mr Google
So you addressed none of the post and have backpedaled into an entirely different stance.

Bravo. Please don't reproduce again.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #217
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
So you addressed none of the post and have backpedaled into an entirely different stance.

I'm sure teams would get rid of 3 down MLBs all together if they didn't like steakhouses so much.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #218
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I'm sure teams would get rid of 3 down MLBs all together if they didn't like steakhouses so much.
Haha... I forgot about that.

Because... ya know... his neighbor told him so. And you can also believe every pre-draft thing Elway publicly says.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #219
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Yes you cited more than 6 MLBers in the NFL which is greater than 20 % of the league. Is that what you want to hear. Feel better? I don't want you to stress out over this. You have more important tasks at hand like trying to figure out how Denver can secure a player of Pozunzy caliber to play the "paramount" position of MLBer this year

I'll let you get back to this mind bender.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #220
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
You wanna post where Elway said that? The interview I heard several weeks back he did not say he was most likely going to go with either. He was very vague and just said that he likes some of the things both of those guys do but in no way did he indicate just what their plans are for that position.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #221
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Yes you cited more than 6 MLBers in the NFL which is greater than 20 % of the league. Is that what you want to hear. Feel better? I don't want you to stress out over this. You have more important tasks at hand like trying to figure out how Denver can secure a player of Pozunzy caliber to play the "paramount" position of MLBer this year

I'll let you get back to this mind bender.
I think you've completely missed the point of a football message board.

...missing the point of things seems to be par for the course for you, though.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #222
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I think the bottom line is every team in the League would love to have a true 3-down MLB. The trouble is they're hard to find, and if one comes around it takes a #1 draft pick to acquire. And if they're a can't miss kind of guy, it requires a pretty high #1.

For this draft from what I'm seeing there isn't a "can't miss" kind of 3-down MLB available, or maybe what I'm seeing from the draftniks is a reflection of the this meme that MLB isn't as important now with the emphasis on nickle defense.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #223
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

here's the thing though. nickel or not, if you can land a 3 down MLB in this league who can make plays. that trumps the value of the nickel package. means less snaps you have to sub him out. having a really good MLB cures a lot of issues on defense, they get guys lined up correctly, diagnose plays and help counter the opposing team.

we need a stud at MLB and a new SS. that will cure a lot of issues on the D in a hurry.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #224
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
You wanna post where Elway said that? The interview I heard several weeks back he did not say he was most likely going to go with either. He was very vague and just said that he likes some of the things both of those guys do but in no way did he indicate just what their plans are for that position.
You might be right about that come to think of it. I think Elway talked about Irving and Johnson getting their shots and the columnist, klis or Legwold was assumming Denver might bypass a MLB in the draft. Anyway, I will be very very very surprised if Denver takes a MLB int he first round