The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #51
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
WORD! Plus I think Lester could be there in the 3rd round when we pick. Unless he just goes nuts at the combine. He's going to be good. On Walter football they have him rated from 3rd-4th round.
Elam MIGHT be there in the 2nd round but probably won't fall to us.
I haven't watched much of Eric Reid, but he is rated as a 2nd to 3rd rounder.
Jonathan Cyprien might be a guy to go after as well in the 3rd round.
Really? I was thinking Elam was going to get drafted before we got to him in the first round. I think he is going to be real good. I would not be upset if Denver took him with the 28th pick.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #52
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
WORD! Plus I think Lester could be there in the 3rd round when we pick. Unless he just goes nuts at the combine. He's going to be good. On Walter football they have him rated from 3rd-4th round.
Elam MIGHT be there in the 2nd round but probably won't fall to us.
I haven't watched much of Eric Reid, but he is rated as a 2nd to 3rd rounder.
Jonathan Cyprien might be a guy to go after as well in the 3rd round.
Matt Elam reminds me so much of Reggie Nelson. He's a good hitter and solid coverage but a bit to small to be a prime time hitter to me. Lester kinda reminds me of a straight up box safety. He's no that good in deep coverage but a big hitter. We need a guy that can cover with range and an agressive hitter like Eric Reid. Besides I think Elam will be gone by the time our second round comes up and Lester will be there in the 3rd (where I would like to get a RB).
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #53
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Matt Elam reminds me so much of Reggie Nelson. He's a good hitter and solid coverage but a bit to small to be a prime time hitter to me. Lester kinda reminds me of a straight up box safety. He's no that good in deep coverage but a big hitter. We need a guy that can cover with range and an agressive hitter like Eric Reid. Besides I think Elam will be gone by the time our second round comes up and Lester will be there in the 3rd (where I would like to get a RB).
I also want to take a RB, so I am with you there. But I wouldn't say Lester is just a big hitting box safety at all. Actually I think he is quite the opposite and scouting reports that I have read agree. He had 8 INT's two years ago and 4 more last year. If he is there in the 4th I say we absolutely should take him, and if he is there in the 3rd then we should still even take a good look at him.

I will admit though that I don't know much about Eric Reid, but scouting reports that I have read say that he really needs to improve on his pass coverage skills for the NFL. So it's almost opposite to what you have said.

I want a DT, CB, RB, MLB, Safety, WR, O-line in this draft... and I would rank it in that order as far as importance for us to improve this next year. Wouldn't you agree?

I know the sting of Rahim Moore is still fresh in everyone's mind, but I KNOW he is better than that... just had the worst play of his life at the worst moment. So I don't think safety is a HUGE need for Denver this year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #54
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post

I want a DT, CB, RB, MLB, Safety, WR, O-line in this draft... and I would rank it in that order as far as importance for us to improve this next year. Wouldn't you agree?

I know the sting of Rahim Moore is still fresh in everyone's mind, but I KNOW he is better than that... just had the worst play of his life at the worst moment. So I don't think safety is a HUGE need for Denver this year.
I agree with the order but that depends on FA signings. Denver signs Revis or Seymore or Elerbe or Jackson and that list changes. hmmm what is Elway thinking?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #55
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

It is too bad that Cyprien kid is getting raved about now. I thought he was a realistic possiblity for us with our second rounder, probably not anymore.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #56
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,524

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
It is too bad that Cyprien kid is getting raved about now. I thought he was a realistic possiblity for us with our second rounder, probably not anymore.
I have him going to the Lions at pick 36
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #57
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I have him going to the Lions at pick 36
<@:c (
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #58
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
It is too bad that Cyprien kid is getting raved about now. I thought he was a realistic possiblity for us with our second rounder, probably not anymore.
You think he is going to be gone before our 2nd rounder?? I have heard the hype about him, but I didn't think it was that high.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #59
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,262
Default

I don't think the value is really there, but I'm leaning more and more towards a 1st round CB.

Tony Carter is the weak link on a top 5 Defense. If Porter would have played in the playoffs, I bet the Broncos would have won.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #60
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
You think he is going to be gone before our 2nd rounder?? I have heard the hype about him, but I didn't think it was that high.
A great combine will solidify Top 50 status, IMO.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #61
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Any problem with drafting Jesse Williams in the first round? He has only played football since the age of 15. He is very strong and has a great motor. He is also 323lbs, I think putting another white guy next to Wolfe could vault the Broncos to the Superbowl. What ya think?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824786

I saw a Mock draft where Seattle picks him before Denver in the first but most of the mocks has him early second round.


STRENGTHS: Has a naturally wide frame with relatively short limbs, giving him the low center of gravity conducive to holding up at the point of attack.

Possesses unbelievable weight-room strength (600 pound bench press) that translates well onto the football field due to his use of leverage and surprisingly good technique considering the fact that he's a relative neophyte who only took up the game at age 15 and has played just four seasons of football in the United States.


Has improved his use of hands over his two seasons at Alabama and has developed into a cognitive defender capable of reading the action, shedding the block with heavy, active hands and making the tackle in the hole.


Has the length to play outside as a five-technique defensive end, a role in which he initially played during his junior season with the Tide before sliding inside to the nose as a senior. Good phone-booth quickness and plays hard, competing to the whistle.


Also served as Alabama's short-yardage fullback in 2012, a testament to his power and aggression. An ascending talent with passion and work ethic to improve.


WEAKNESSES: Bit of a one-trick pony as Williams does not possess the quickness or the agility to collapse the pocket as a pass rusher. Must do a better job of protecting his knees as he is susceptible to cut blocks. Too often raises his pad level at the snap, negating some of his power and making him all the more vulnerable to cuts, as he possesses only moderate flexibility.


Has to do a better job of getting his hands up in passing lanes as he rarely gets home as a pass rusher (just three passes broken up in 25 career starts at Alabama).


Plays with good effort but lacks lateral agility and struggles to knock down ballcarriers with any room to maneuver.


COMPARES TO: Vince Wilfork, New England Patriots -- Like the Patriots' run-stuffing nose guard, Williams isn't going to pressure the quarterback often but his size and strength will make him a force in the middle.

Last edited by Bacchus; 03-04-2013 at 09:24 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #62
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 7,991
Default

Denver is in trade out spot
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #63
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Denver is in trade out spot
Well, if they trade out of the spot then they might still be able to get him in the second round.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #64
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Broncos are going to select someone like Geathers or Barnes in the middle of the draft. I expect their first four selections to include: DB, LB, WR, OL. Maybe a running back pending on what they do in FA.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #65
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Broncos are going to select someone like Geathers or Barnes in the middle of the draft. I expect their first four selections to include: DB, LB, WR, OL. Maybe a running back pending on what they do in FA.
Depending what they do in FA. I think they will go DT, DB, WR, OL.

Of course all this will change after FA opens. Denver could sign Revis, or a DT and that would change their draft needs.

Denver right now has lost BOTH their starting DTs. I did read they want to re-sign Vickerson so we'll see how that plays out. He is due for a raise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #66
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Yeah brother, I'm with you on wanting a DT early -- but all of us here and elsewhere have been wanting that for years. Getting Wolfe as at DT, who played a majority of snaps at DE is probably as good as it is going to get for us with an early selection on a DT. We are all losing hope. But I'm with you -- we basically have nobody besides Unrein (ERFA) at DT going forward. Bannan and Vickerson. Who the Hell was our fourth DT?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #67
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Yeah brother, I'm with you on wanting a DT early -- but all of us here and elsewhere have been wanting that for years. Getting Wolfe as at DT, who played a majority of snaps at DE is probably as good as it is going to get for us with an early selection on a DT. We are all losing hope. But I'm with you -- we basically have nobody besides Unrein (ERFA) at DT going forward. Bannan and Vickerson. Who the Hell was our fourth DT?
Malik Jackson who did get some quality minutes last year. Jackson has a large frame and I think he will be able to add some big pounds to his body. I look forward to him playing about 300 lbs in the future.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #68
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Malik Jackson who did get some quality minutes last year. Jackson has a large frame and I think he will be able to add some big pounds to his body. I look forward to him playing about 300 lbs in the future.
Nope, Nope, nope. Dude is a natural DE and ONLY played inside at TENN because they needed bodies. That he was good inside just adds to his nickel pass rush value inside. Should be a DE in this system, and a solid Pass rusher and run defender.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #69
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,199

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

After the combine, I'm really intrigued by Akeem Spence from Illinois.

He had one of the fastest 10-yard splits among linemen at 1.67 - at 307 lbs.

I think he can be a good bull rusher to generate internal pressure.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #70
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
After the combine, I'm really intrigued by Akeem Spence from Illinois.

He had one of the fastest 10-yard splits among linemen at 1.67 - at 307 lbs.

I think he can be a good bull rusher to generate internal pressure.
Akeem who!? Shh. Don't mention his name. He is going to be a steal in the OM draft.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #71
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Nope, Nope, nope. Dude is a natural DE and ONLY played inside at TENN because they needed bodies. That he was good inside just adds to his nickel pass rush value inside. Should be a DE in this system, and a solid Pass rusher and run defender.
Ok, he did play almost all DT last year, I figured they would want to keep him there. Although I do agree he does not fit the mold of a JDR tackle. I really think we'll see some good things from him this year. I guess he could step into Doom's spot maybe.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Denver Broncos