The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #1
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default Sorry Draft Junkies

Denver won't be receiving any compensatory picks for this April.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...pro-days-begin
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Sad but even sadder is that we aren't looking at the safety position? Regardless of how you feel about Moore, or Carter, it hasn't been consistent enough to rely on. Like DT it's a position that we truly have been lacking in for over a decade.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #3
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I wouldn't read into the crap the FO says. Last year they said they felt good about our DT's and then proceeded to take one with their first pick.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Either I am seriously lacking reading comprehension skills, or there are conflicting sentences in that article:

First:
Quote:
They'll have to be efficient to do that, but much of the AFC West is in the same boat in terms of draft capital, at least before the compensatory picks are awarded later this month.
Second:
Quote:
The Broncos won't be getting a compensatory pick this year.
Which is it
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Paladin
Ring of Famer

The AFCW is not going to get many comp picks. Denver gets none. The two do not contradict. So, you may need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #6
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Told you so SpringStein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Sad but even sadder is that we aren't looking at the safety position? Regardless of how you feel about Moore, or Carter, it hasn't been consistent enough to rely on. Like DT it's a position that we truly have been lacking in for over a decade.
John Elway personally reached out to John Lynch in order to have him come to Indianapolis to help evaluate defensive backs. I would say that it is definitely an area of emphasis, given the performance of our unit, lack of longevity in contracts and injury of Carter. During Mobile, I saw more reports on Broncos talking to DBs than any other players on the field.

I would be completely surprised if the Broncos rolled with the same guys they had last year. Adams is done after this year with the team. If the Broncos were smart, they would get his replacement now. This would be a nice draft to add people to our defensive backfield.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #7
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Told you so SpringStein!

John Elway personally reached out to John Lynch in order to have him come to Indianapolis to help evaluate defensive backs. I would say that it is definitely an area of emphasis, given the performance of our unit, lack of longevity in contracts and injury of Carter. During Mobile, I saw more reports on Broncos talking to DBs than any other players on the field.

I would be completely surprised if the Broncos rolled with the same guys they had last year. Adams is done after this year with the team. If the Broncos were smart, they would get his replacement now. This would be a nice draft to add people to our defensive backfield.
AMEN!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #8
Drunken.Broncoholic

Say what you will about Adams, he was very mediocre, but on that 4th down he was right where he was supposed to be. Batting down a flacco pass to win the game. It's Moore that is and always has been the weak link. That bonehead backwards trot to the reciever and ball has been done several times by him at UCLA.

I think the language is key. If they aren't "looking" at safeties, ie scouting them, then it would be hard to draft a position you didnt even scout. If they are looking but say its not a direction they want to go, then it could be a smoke screen

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 03-05-2013 at 07:56 AM..
Old 03-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #9
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Say what you will about Adams, he was very mediocre, but on that 4th down he was right where he was supposed to be. Batting down a flacco pass to win the game. It's Moore that is and always has been the weak link. That bonehead backwards trot to the reciever and ball has been done several times by him at UCLA.
I'm just pointing out that Adams contract expires after this season. We need better players at both positions.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #10
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I'm just pointing out that Adams contract expires after this season. We need better players at both positions.
I agree the safety position are of big need. Hopefully Q Carter plays out of his mind. In fact I want the kid you drafted in the OM draft. Cyprien
Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #11
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I agree the safety position are of big need. Hopefully Q Carter plays out of his mind. In fact I want the kid you drafted in the OM draft. Cyprien
I want him too. I think he is going to be a fantastic player.