The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #26
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'd rather the Broncos bring in Mendenhall than Shonn Green...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #27
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Green Bay is probably the most likely landing spot for Lacy, but there's at least a solid chance they would take Tyler Eiffert if he's still around instead. Also, outside chance they take a DT or OT.
True, but all they need is an RB like Lacy to make it back to the SB. They already have Jermichael Finley at TE.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #28
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I remember him being all over Lamar Miller last year. Said we should take him IF he was available with our first round pick.

Its ok though. Those guys have laid off the high school morning style DJ crap and now they just talk Broncos 24/7/365. And they're fun too, because DMac does his homework and calls Al out on his crap constantly.

One of my favorites was last year when they were discussing their fantasy drafts. Dmac asks Al about his team and Al say "I love my team I got 5 quarterbacks." Dmac just starts laughing his ass off at him. Starts reading him texts from fans wanting Al in their leagues. Then Al just has enough and says "man, come on man, people don't wanna here about our fantasy teams they wanna hear about real football." And Dmac just lost it. Had me rolling.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #29
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Big Al and DMAC are pretty much unbearable at this point.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #30
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I don't care if Beavis and Butthead were talking about the Broncos 24/7, I would tune in. Big Al and DMac are Broncomaniacs just like us, so it's all good.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #31
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I'd rather the Broncos bring in Mendenhall than Shonn Green...
He's like a younger, more explosive mcgahee. I'd be interested in signing him
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #32
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
Your high dude. Mendenhall has no vision or feel at all. The dude is a beefed up track star just looking for daylight when he runs. Not to mention, one that can't stay healthy really. I would steer clear of Mendenhall.

Yeah I do like Green, but I'm just saying what Alfred said on the radio today. He loves his toughness. He's only been in the league 3 years so he doesn't have a ton of miles on him either. I think he's saying who he would like to have to replace KM and WM via FA but he's also stating that we need to spend a few picks on some backs, and he gave his favorites. Not sure if he didn't like Lacy or just felt like we don't have a realistic shot at him, and then went on from there. Just because there's not a ton of guys on a forum who like Greene doesn't mean there aren't teams high on him.

But I really feel like better blocking by the line will help our run game the most. There's no AP in the draft, at least it doesn't appear so. We were not the best at run game blocking and I think that has to improve no matter who's toting the rock for us.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #33
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

my thought is don't let him anywhere near the front office.
you have to keep one of KM or WM. then that leaves you one vet, Hillman and then a draft pick to vie for carries and a big role.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #34
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Your high dude. Mendenhall has no vision or feel at all. The dude is a beefed up track star just looking for daylight when he runs. Not to mention, one that can't stay healthy really. I would steer clear of Mendenhall.

Yeah I do like Green, but I'm just saying what Alfred said on the radio today. He loves his toughness. He's only been in the league 3 years so he doesn't have a ton of miles on him either. I think he's saying who he would like to have to replace KM and WM via FA but he's also stating that we need to spend a few picks on some backs, and he gave his favorites. Not sure if he didn't like Lacy or just felt like we don't have a realistic shot at him, and then went on from there. Just because there's not a ton of guys on a forum who like Greene doesn't mean there aren't teams high on him.

But I really feel like better blocking by the line will help our run game the most. There's no AP in the draft, at least it doesn't appear so. We were not the best at run game blocking and I think that has to improve no matter who's toting the rock for us.
I'd still take Mendenhall over Green.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #35
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
we should put manning on the trade block to see how many firsts we can get. best regular season qb ever but not very clutch in the playoffs. if we get 2 1sts lets pull the trigger
I'll bet you $100,000,000,000 Manning has a no trade clause in his contract.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #36
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
Is there another S. Greene? Or are you talking about the RB that has never had a run over 36 yards.. That S.Greene?
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #37
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Not sure if he didn't like Lacy or just felt like we don't have a realistic shot at him, and then went on from there.
Lacy is by far his favorite back in the draft and he doesn't think he'll be around when we pick.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:51 AM   #38
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

You just get the feeling Lacy and some of the others are good rbs, but just not so good they improve the team more then a good interior olineman or DT would. None of the rbs seem like special players.

I like Warford more and more when i watched tape of him stonewalling richardson and Shariff Floyd when he face their teams. Larry Warford should be a Bronco!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:55 AM   #39
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by misturanderson View Post
Lacy is by far his favorite back in the draft and he doesn't think he'll be around when we pick.
Lacy could be a really productive guy but it seems like scouts wonder if hes tough enough. I guess he didn't really carry the ball that much. That could be a good thing though not so much wear and tear. Then also it could be because he had like 3 pro ready olineman on his team. Maybe they see him running through holes so big you don't really know what he is made of yet?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:58 AM   #40
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Lacy could be a really productive guy but it seems like scouts wonder if hes tough enough. I guess he didn't really carry the ball that much. That could be a good thing though not so much wear and tear. Then also it could be because he had like 3 pro ready olineman on his team. Maybe they see him running through holes so big you don't really know what he is made of yet?
He kinda scares me. Why doe she remind me of Trent Richardson?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:27 AM   #41
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Christine Michael, make it happen !! Great potential for an explosive and powerful back. He was limited in action because of the qb in Texas A&M running the ball.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #42
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Just give me someone that will be good on Madden.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:31 AM   #43
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Do you really get advice from Big Al? He changes his opinion every single day. Tomorrow the list will be completely different and then when one breaks out as a rookie he will tell everyone he told them so.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:13 AM   #44
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I remember him being all over Lamar Miller last year. Said we should take him IF he was available with our first round pick.

Its ok though. Those guys have laid off the high school morning style DJ crap and now they just talk Broncos 24/7/365. And they're fun too, because DMac does his homework and calls Al out on his crap constantly.

One of my favorites was last year when they were discussing their fantasy drafts. Dmac asks Al about his team and Al say "I love my team I got 5 quarterbacks." Dmac just starts laughing his ass off at him. Starts reading him texts from fans wanting Al in their leagues. Then Al just has enough and says "man, come on man, people don't wanna here about our fantasy teams they wanna hear about real football." And Dmac just lost it. Had me rolling.
They were all over Lamar Miller because Cecil Lammey kept claiming that the Broncos loved Miller and would probably take him in the 1st or 2nd round.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:49 AM   #45
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
They were all over Lamar Miller because Cecil Lammey kept claiming that the Broncos loved Miller and would probably take him in the 1st or 2nd round.
The Dolphins are probably going to let Bush go because they feel Miller will be able to step up and be their starter.

Miller CAR 51 YDS 250 AVG 4.9 TDS 1
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #46
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

How come I keep" not" hearing about Giovanni Bernard?

Screw combine #'s, the guy would be a stud with Denver.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #47
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
Is there another S. Greene? Or are you talking about the RB that has never had a run over 36 yards.. That S.Greene?
I was talking about mendenhall. greene sucks
Old 03-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #48
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

If we're going to throw out names like Mendenhall and Greene, I'd rather just keep Knowshon and Willis.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #49
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
If we're going to throw out names like Mendenhall and Greene, I'd rather just keep Knowshon and Willis.
Greene is good. Mendenhall for the love of god please no. Too overrated, and a ****ty runningback.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #50
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'm not super hi on Mendenhall but he's got one thing greene does not--speed. Mendenhall has not panned out the way the stellers wanted him to, he's had some injuries and he also has a little bit of fumblitis. But when he's been healthy he's been productive and yes, he's got speed.