The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,581

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default Scouting Circles: Le'Veon Bell is the best -- and it is not even close.

Just like I have been saying with Bmore for months.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

We was on to this one first!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,236
Default

I think Le'Veon Bell is being underrated in this draft.

I watch a lot of Big Ten football and he is legit.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 03-03-2013 at 06:05 PM..
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

i was praying he would have a mediocre 40 at the combine to ensure he is available in the 2nd or 3rd for us.

this hype keeps building and he could creep into the 1st round. honestly this dude is going to be a beast so i wouldn't be upset of Denver used #28 on him.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,691
Default

Bucky is off his rocker. Good player, not nearly as good as Lacy. He's not as fast, he's not as agile, and he's not as tough. They both have size and decent hands.

Bell has a ton of wear and tear. He's coming off a 400 touch season. That's crazy. Kevin Smith of Central Florida came off a similar type college campaign and broke down in a year.

I think he's a solid RB, but he doesn't overly excite me. And there is risk with his usage. I see less Steven Jackson and more Ron Dayne.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I prefer somebody else who I will not mention.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,581

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Bucky is off his rocker. Good player, not nearly as good as Lacy. He's not as fast, he's not as agile, and he's not as tough. They both have size and decent hands.

Bell has a ton of wear and tear. He's coming off a 400 touch season. That's crazy. Kevin Smith of Central Florida came off a similar type college campaign and broke down in a year.

I think he's a solid RB, but he doesn't overly excite me. And there is risk with his usage. I see less Steven Jackson and more Ron Dayne.
Well, his opinions are being reinforced by scouts.

He is not even comparable to Ron Dayne.

And I'm pretty sure Smith had knee issues in college.

Ronnie Hillman saw more touches in 2 years at SDST than Bell did in 3 years at Michigan State.

And he has never been hurt or had any major injury.

I don't think he will ever be a Stephen Jackson, but a very good pro. I think he is more Michael Bush -- with better athleticism.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
SlyEli
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

seems a lot like legarrete blount. I like him at the end of the second round
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #9
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Well, his opinions are being reinforced by scouts.
So he says. I don't see any actual quotes or names though. Personally I don't have too hard a time believing some scouts may think that (emphasis on some), but when he says "it's not even close" I have to roll my eyes. That's just hyperbolic nonsense meant to generate interest in his article. Personally, I still think Lacy goes a full round ahead of Bell (unless he completely bombs at his pro day).
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #10
driver
Pro Bowler
 
Bronco Fan Extrordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: WAR ZONE D
Posts: 604

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast
Default

Bell is a decent back. Definately not the best!
He reminds me of L Johnson. He might be worth a 4th rnd pick. No higher!

The best back in this draft, if he's healthy, is Lattimore, and it's not even close!
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #11
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I think he's hands down the best value back in the draft. Bell will be available potentially towards our pick in the second to third round. Anyone who watches the tape knows what an absolute stud he is. Sure if Lattimore is healthy he's a great back, but Bell is right there with him. He's able to do everything, with the occasional ability to hit a homerun. Not cause he has blazing speed, but because he is fast enough and sets up his blocks.

I mocked him to us in my original offseason plan and Req and I have continued pimping him ever since. He referred to him as Michael Bush, I referred to him as Jonathan Stewart. He's somewhere in the middle between the two and that's a good thing. He's surprisingly quick and plays that way. Alfred Morris ran in the 4.6 range, nearly a 4.7 but he's certainly not thought of as slow now is he?

If you watch the tape you see the talent of this kid, I'm just glad in an article I read about him we had interest in him. As I think 40 time gets way over blown and he may drop all the way to our fourth round pick!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #12
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I think he's hands down the best value back in the draft. Bell will be available potentially towards our pick in the second to third round. Anyone who watches the tape knows what an absolute stud he is. Sure if Lattimore is healthy he's a great back, but Bell is right there with him. He's able to do everything, with the occasional ability to hit a homerun. Not cause he has blazing speed, but because he is fast enough and sets up his blocks.

I mocked him to us in my original offseason plan and Req and I have continued pimping him ever since. He referred to him as Michael Bush, I referred to him as Jonathan Stewart. He's somewhere in the middle between the two and that's a good thing. He's surprisingly quick and plays that way. Alfred Morris ran in the 4.6 range, nearly a 4.7 but he's certainly not thought of as slow now is he?

If you watch the tape you see the talent of this kid, I'm just glad in an article I read about him we had interest in him. As I think 40 time gets way over blown and he may drop all the way to our fourth round pick!
If he is sitting there in the 3rd then that means every team in the league has had a brain aneurysm.

I honestly don't see him getting out of the 2nd round, early 3rd at the absolute latest, and truthfully it won't surprise me if hr is a late 1st rounder.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #13
driver
Pro Bowler
 
Bronco Fan Extrordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: WAR ZONE D
Posts: 604

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast
Default

Just checked Draftscout.com. Both Bell and Lattimore are being projected in the 4th. If you had the choice Bell or Lattimore,which one would you take?
Guess which one I'd take.
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #14
SlyEli
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
Just checked Draftscout.com. Both Bell and Lattimore are being projected in the 4th. If you had the choice Bell or Lattimore,which one would you take?
Guess which one I'd take.
I don't see the hype with lattimore. I wasn't that impressed with him before the catastrophic injury. He's no Willis McGahee (circa 2003)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,812
Default

Lacey is better but maybe Bell in the 2nd round would be a good pick. I just think Lacy has way more burst and way more wiggle.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #16
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

I wouldn't be shocked if Giovanni Bernard turned out to be the best,
__________________


BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #17
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
Bell is a decent back. Definately not the best!
He reminds me of L Johnson. He might be worth a 4th rnd pick. No higher!

The best back in this draft, if he's healthy, is Lattimore, and it's not even close!
You mean if he'll ever be healthy again, right?
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #18
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
Just checked Draftscout.com. Both Bell and Lattimore are being projected in the 4th. If you had the choice Bell or Lattimore,which one would you take?
Guess which one I'd take.
I'd take the one that hasn't blown out both of his knees within the last 17 months and is expected to be able to play in the 2013 season.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
You mean if he'll ever be healthy again, right?
The guy is three months ahead of schedule now in his comeback.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...edule/1930953/
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #20
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I would trade up for Lattimore in the 3rd and never look back.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #21
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The guy is three months ahead of schedule now in his comeback.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...edule/1930953/
According to that article he's also gained 20 pounds of muscle while rehabbing.

What?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #22
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
According to that article he's also gained 20 pounds of muscle while rehabbing.

What?
horse/goat cheese steroids
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #23
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
According to that article he's also gained 20 pounds of muscle while rehabbing.

What?
The kid is a beast. He just has that "do work" mentality that so many young one should aspire to have. I have been on the Lattimore bandwagon for 2 years now. I am actually stoked that we have a shot a landing him in somewhere in the 3 rounds. No doubt that without his injury he is a top 15 pick. Some people are wired different. Instead of taking it slow and cautious, he took the bull by the horns and is full steam ahead. No doubt he will be playing this year just like he says he will.

And no, the kid loves football too much. But he loves it the right way. No way people that know about him can imply he has been using steroids to heal up.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #24
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

I agree with this.

It's a pretty mediocre class at best, though.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #25
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

...IMO
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Denver Broncos