The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #651
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I'm at a conference this week so I can't see it but it looks like we had our usual 2nd period problems.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #652
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

just said on sportsnet that the avs have matched
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #653
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
just said on sportsnet that the avs have matched
NHL.com as well. I'm pleasantly surprised. About time the Avs prove me wrong.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #654
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

If I was Sherman, I would not have matched. That Calgary 1st round pick is going to be very, very high IMO. They are a complete mess and I see them completely falling off.

$6.5M next year on the books for ROR in a cap that will be down to ~64M is not a good idea IMO. They should have stuck to their guns and not matched. Now they can't trade him for 365 days.

I realize fanbase pressure, but in this case I would have ran away with that precious #1 pick and a 3rd round pick from a ****ty team. That's not bad. I know it's a tough pill to swallow to seem in perpetual rebuild but this was a time where I think you make the exception for the potential high pick.

edit: I also don't think this is going to end well. There is a lot of bitterness between Sherman and the ROR camp. I just don't see this working out and that would be another reason I would have let him walk.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 02-28-2013 at 08:35 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #655
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
If I was Sherman, I would not have matched. That Calgary 1st round pick is going to be very, very high IMO. They are a complete mess and I see them completely falling off.

$6.5M next year on the books for ROR in a cap that will be down to ~64M is not a good idea IMO. They should have stuck to their guns and not matched. Now they can't trade him for 365 days.

I realize fanbase pressure, but in this case I would have ran away with that precious #1 pick and a 3rd round pick from a ****ty team. That's not bad. I know it's a tough pill to swallow to seem in perpetual rebuild but this was a time where I think you make the exception for the potential high pick.

edit: I also don't think this is going to end well. There is a lot of bitterness between Sherman and the ROR camp. I just don't see this working out and that would be another reason I would have let him walk.
I agree about not matching but I don't know or care about the ROR camp. NHL Players only seem to care about the money these days.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #656
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

IMO matching was the right thing to do. you only let ROR go if he is being traded, no reason to let him walk for some picks and have to develop another teen type guy.

don't get me wrong, i'd love for the Flames pick to have been #2-#3 but i'd rather deal him to a team for a top D prospect and a roster player.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #657
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Blackhawks lose their goalie after the end of the 1st period and Emery comes in and completes the shut out on the road giving the Hawks a 3-0 win on the road in St. Louis.

Never seen a hockey team start this hot before!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #658
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Blackhawks lose their goalie after the end of the 1st period and Emery comes in and completes the shut out on the road giving the Hawks a 3-0 win on the road in St. Louis.

Never seen a hockey team start this hot before!
Doesn't matter, it stops this Sunday.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #659
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I'm at a conference this week so I can't see it but it looks like we had our usual 2nd period problems.
Tranny conference?
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #660
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Tranny conference?
Lol....no Lundqvist isn't here.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 03-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #661
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Lol....no Lundqvist isn't here.
exactly....the King doesn't do Trannies.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #662
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

I'd rather have ROR. The guy is everything you want in a player. Not to mention he'd be going to a divisional team. **** that. We've already traded them Drury and Tanguay in the past. It was the right move IMO.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #663
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Outside of one great pass to Kunitz, Justin Faulk shut down Sidney Crosby. The Pens allowed four goals by letting guys get to the front of the net. Staals goal was pure grit from the first line, the first Tlusty goal was soft defense in the middle due to guys keying on Staal and Semin, the Skinner goal was an awkward breakaway for Corvo that lead to Skinner getting open in front of the net untouched (how is beyond me), and the second Tlusty goal was a sick feed from Semin. Soft defense killed the Pens, and Geno being out really restricted their firepower.

Sid had 1 shot, it came in the third period, and four blocked shots from Justin Faulk....Boooyakasha!!!!!!!!!!
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #664
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Doesn't matter, it stops this Sunday.
It has to end at some point, not sure the last time I have seen a start like this though. And this is considering the games they are shoe horning into to fit the shortend season in.

You would think that all this play would wear them down, many be the adage that you want to keep playing when your hot (like the Ravens) is true.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #665
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Can we just fast forward to the Bs/Blackhawks SCF already?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #666
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
A lot of #1 seeds fail when it matters, just sayin'
Old 03-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #667
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Yeah,..we will need to deal for a good stay at home defenseman to be able to challenge the Bruins when it matters. We beat MTL 7-6 tonight and while its great that Sid is having a 3 point night almost every other game recently and is picking up the slack in Geno's absence (he is now he league leader with 34 points in 22 games) the defense is still charmin soft and the PK in particular sucks also. Vokoun is beyond awful as a backup. He has gotten shelled almost everytime he has started recently including tonight. Flower is having a great year.

Martin improved from last year but Letang got worse in his own zone as did Orpik. Despres has a lot of ability but still turns it over alot. They need an eraser on D bad. They brought Eaton back but that's not a big move. This style isn't going to work in the postseason.

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-03-2013 at 12:08 AM..
Old 03-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #668
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

The blackhawks are the class of the league by far. They have much stiffer competition in the west.

The Bruins are the class of a weak, weak east.

I have never seen Montreal play as ****ty defense as they did last night. Usually they thrive on playing tight checking, smart games but they were atrocious in their own end. Probably amped up for the hype of the game caused that. They got running around too much.

Pens and Canes both have the tools to make deep playoff runs but the defense and goaltending for both has to improve a lot if they want to compete with the stingy Bruins.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #669
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:

Wow did the Flames dodge a bullet on that one!

Because ROR played two games in Russia, after the lockout end, he would have needed to clear waivers. Calgary would've lost the draft picks, and Columbus (who in all likelihood would've taken ROR) would have to give the Avalanche draft picks as well.

Colorado would have loaded up!!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417108
Old 03-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #670
canadianbroncosfan

If there was ever a 'trap' game for the 'Hawks to lose, it's today.

On the road, early, divisional rival, hated rival, national broadcast.

At this point, to lose is almost irrelevant and certainly after an 18-0-3 start wouldn't be disappointing.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #671
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
If there was ever a 'trap' game for the 'Hawks to lose, it's today.

On the road, early, divisional rival, hated rival, national broadcast.

At this point, to lose is almost irrelevant and certainly after an 18-0-3 start wouldn't be disappointing.
Detroit not a bad team either. I wouldn't really say its a trap game. Fun game to watch.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #672
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Detroit not a bad team either. I wouldn't really say its a trap game. Fun game to watch.
Ha-ha I know, I don't believe in 'trap' games
Old 03-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #673
canadianbroncosfan

Well two periods in the books, and still knotted at zero
Old 03-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #674
canadianbroncosfan

Phew.....
Old 03-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #675
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
The blackhawks are the class of the league by far. They have much stiffer competition in the west.

The Bruins are the class of a weak, weak east.

I have never seen Montreal play as ****ty defense as they did last night. Usually they thrive on playing tight checking, smart games but they were atrocious in their own end. Probably amped up for the hype of the game caused that. They got running around too much.

Pens and Canes both have the tools to make deep playoff runs but the defense and goaltending for both has to improve a lot if they want to compete with the stingy Bruins.
Flower is having a great year so our starting goaltending is fine....it's just that we cannot rely on Vokoun when Flower needs a break. Defense is trash yes as is the PK

In good news Geno is back to full contact practice.

BRING BACK BUTCH