The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #126
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Why worry about aiming in the dark? Just randomly fire two rounds from a double barreled shotgun. A warning shot x2 to let the bad guys know you mean business. That's all you really need. Anything else would be potentially dangerous and could get innocent people killed.
You may not know it, but you appear to be catching on!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #127
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
You may not know it, but you appear to be catching on!
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #128
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Why worry about aiming in the dark? Just randomly fire two rounds from a double barreled shotgun. A warning shot x2 to let the bad guys know you mean business. That's all you really need. Anything else would be potentially dangerous and could get innocent people killed.
Oscar Pistoriusís agrees with Joe Biden, shoot first and ask questions later.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #129
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Actually I don't anymore...I gave that up a year ago to live the sweet life.

so you tear the tickets now?

And your point was invalid.

no it wasn't....I stated I could kill a guy like Holmes and sleep well afterwards because he's a ****head who deserves to die.


I don't care that you're a former member of the Navy.

USMC, while part of the Dept. of the Navy, it's very different.....not that a p***Y liberal like you would know. I understand all military people wear uniforms, but they're not alike.....you wouldn't like it if people called you by your sibling's name would you?


You weren't trained to wield a weapon in a dark movie theater, at a midnight show you're really excited to see, in close quarters, with tear gas in your eyes, with a movie still going on, with people running in between your LOS, with an active shooter.



You just weren't.

Umm, yes I was....Dude, as a US Marine I have gone through live fire course with live rounds being fired over our heads as we low crawled and artillery similators going off and smoke and gas grenades going off....we have had night firing exercises, we have had close quarter combat drills.....and have been taught that the deadliest thing on the battlefield is one well aimed shot. So we make sure of our target....every single time. Your ignorance is really showing. Seriously, WTF do you honestly think we did every day...sit around and play cards?


You would have panicked, cowered, hid, fled for your life, and/or been shot just like the rest of them.


You definitely are ignorant....People like you might panic or **** themselves, hide and run...but we Marines are taught to fight/shoot in all kinds of conditions, not to mention hand to hand, with knives, bayonets, etc....we don't back down. You don't understand the mentality of Marines....we never retreat, we never cower in fear, we believe in ourselves because we're wired different than people like yourself. the training kicks in....even now after all these years, it still kicks in. You obviously don't have it in you to understand, which explains your working in a movie theater.

Do you really think that most movie theaters (run by conservative CEO's, mind you) choose to be gun-free zones because of some massive liberal conspiracy? Or do you think that maybe it's because people realize that low lighting and densely packed people don't make it very conducive for a return fire situation? Use your noggin.

So pray tell how that gun free zone sign did to deter the Aurora shooting?

It has nothing to do with them being dimly lit and densely packed or a conspiracy....it has to do with property rights.

The owner of the property has the right to restrict who may come onto their property. They don't allow you to bring in alcohol or food/beverages purchased from other establishments either......it's their right as property owners to do so.


In bold....oh, and a video so you can see the kind of training we went through.... we didn't have the night vision goggles attached to our helmets like these guys do (but notice they were using them in the rooms as flash bangs going off will basically make you blind if you were using them) when we did our training back in the day......just because the technology has changed these days, the training hasn't.

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #130
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
In bold....oh, and a video so you can see the kind of training we went through.... we didn't have the night vision goggles attached to our helmets like these guys do (but notice they were using them in the rooms as flash bangs going off will basically make you blind if you were using them) when we did our training back in the day......just because the technology has changed these days, the training hasn't.

Yeah I'm sure your training from 30 years ago would have kept you safe.



Keep up with the ad hominems, though. They're truly precious coming from a guy like you.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #131
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
This is right, and the bolded part is most important. None of these clowns has probably ever been in a situation where they were at the wrong end of a gun barrel so none of them has any idea how they'd react. And chances are they wouldn't react well. It's funny (and a little bit pathetic) how because they own guns they all think they're Jack Bauer. They're not. The odds of them soiling their pants are considerably higher than the odds of them stopping the shooter.
Sure when bullets are whizzing around it gets hairy....but short of actually having someone shoot at you directly not even cops can know what they'd do in a shootout. I've been in live fire training where we had people shooting rounds over our heads, but not directly at us.

But the majority of ex-military and law enforcement people have a certain mentality that says when someone is behaving badly, you intervene....you don't run away.

Trust me, I hope I never have to use my gun but will not be afraid to do so, regardless if someone else is armed and pointing their gun at me because your taught to react a certain way...but don't take my word for it...ask other veterans and former/current law enforcement people. I'm confident they'll say the same thing that I have.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #132
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Yeah I'm sure your training from 30 years ago would have kept you safe.



Keep up with the ad hominems, though. They're truly precious coming from a guy like you.
There's a reason the Art of War was and is still to this day used as an example of tactics and strategy. Just because the technology/weaponry has changed doesn't change the fact that one well aimed shot is still the deadliest thing on the battlefield, and that foot soldiers still have a major role in warfare......

you said I wasn't trained to shoot anyone inside a dark or dimly lit place with chaos and obstructed vision, tear gas, etc........I posted a video of similar training I received as a Recon Marine to show you that i indeed have been trained to do so on more than several occasions. In fact since we had less technologically advanced weaponry and gear, etc. like night vision goggles, I'd say I'm even more qualified to do so.

Just because you know that you couldn't do it doesn't mean I couldn't do it.....case in point, the fact it was a so-called gun free zone, Holmes wouldn't have even considered another person armed coming towards him shooting him....element of surprise...Art of War.....worked back when it was written...still works today.

as for ad hominems....you started it by calling me a sailor.

Last edited by errand; 02-28-2013 at 07:55 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #133
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
There's a reason the Art of War was and is still to this day used as an example of tactics and strategy. Just because the technology/weaponry has changed doesn't change the fact that one well aimed shot is still the deadliest thing on the battlefield, and that foot soldiers still have a major role in warfare......

you said I wasn't trained to shoot anyone inside a dark or dimly lit place with chaos and obstructed vision, tear gas, etc........I posted a video of similar training I received as a Recon Marine to show you that i indeed have been trained to do so on more than several occasions. In fact since we had less technologically advanced weaponry and gear, etc. like night vision goggles, I'd say I'm even more qualified to do so.

Just because you know that you couldn't do it doesn't mean I couldn't do it.....

as for ad hominems....you started it by calling me a sailor.
Well to answer your question, you're right, I wouldn't call my sibling by my name. But if you have to be carted around by your sibling all the time, doesn't that make you his b****?

My
Ass
Riding
In
Navy
Equipment
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #134
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Why worry about aiming in the dark? Just randomly fire two rounds from a double barreled shotgun. A warning shot x2 to let the bad guys know you mean business. That's all you really need. Anything else would be potentially dangerous and could get innocent people killed.
awesome!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #135
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,846
Default

Joe Biden says women should get a shotgun.....instead of an AR-15 because it's hard to aim, handle and fire.....I'll report, you decide -

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #136
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Well to answer your question, you're right, I wouldn't call my sibling by my name. But if you have to be carted around by your sibling all the time, doesn't that make you his b****?

My
Ass
Riding
In
Navy
Equipment

You're an idiot........
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #137
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Virginia Beach man charged for shooting shotgun through door.

Vice President Joe Biden told Field & Stream magazine in an interview published Monday, "[if] you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."

Coincidentally, a 22-year-old man in Virginia Beach, Va., was charged Monday with reckless handling of a firearm after doing just that a couple days earlier.

Local TV station WAVY 10 reports that the man observed two masked men leaning into his bedroom window. The men allegedly had weapons and told him to close his bedroom door. He stepped outside of his bedroom and did as instructed, then fired his shotgun through the closed door and then several more times at the window.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...n-through-door
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #138
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
awesome!
So then you agree that a bunch of armed, idiot civilians would probably result in a lot of "innocent people" getting killed? Right? Should I add you to the list of those that have woken up to simple, common sense reality?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #139
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
More awesome self-defense advice from the White House's resident Second Amendment Expert.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articl...iden-interview



Not sure who the eff is knocking on your door at 2am? Don't sweat it. Just blast it and forget it. Let the neighbors figure out who it was the next morning.
So one of our leaders of the free world trying to limit gun deaths suggests murdering people through closed doors. That is exactly what you would be charged with if you were stupid enough as Biden.

Wow...just wow...
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #140
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So then you agree that a bunch of armed, idiot civilians would probably result in a lot of "innocent people" getting killed? Right? Should I add you to the list of those that have woken up to simple, common sense reality?
I'd say the risk is significantly lower than if the country were filled with a bunch of armed idiot Vice Presidents.

Every time the guy talks guns, he incites felonies.

Not sure how you guys can keep up such blind faith in the Technocracy when these are the best and brightest you can find.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #141
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So then you agree that a bunch of armed, idiot civilians would probably result in a lot of "innocent people" getting killed? Right? Should I add you to the list of those that have woken up to simple, common sense reality?
You mean like Rambo Joe Biden who shoots rounds in the air and blows rounds through doors?
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #142
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So then you agree that a bunch of armed, idiot civilians would probably result in a lot of "innocent people" getting killed? Right? Should I add you to the list of those that have woken up to simple, common sense reality?
When are you going to wake up to the commen sense reality that the man charged with leading Obama's gun safety task force is a complete moron? Oh wait, you agree with his proposals. Bless your little bleeding heart.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #143
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
When are you going to wake up to the commen sense reality that the man charged with leading Obama's gun safety task force is a complete moron? Oh wait, you agree with his proposals. Bless your little bleeding heart.


So what does that make the years 2000-2008?

Oh wait, mentioning Bush is baaa-aaaa-aaaad.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #144
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

My KD ratio in COD BlackOps on the map Nuketown was 40:1. I could have gotten Holmes fasho.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #145
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
My KD ratio in COD BlackOps on the map Nuketown was 40:1. I could have gotten Holmes fasho.
I used to play DOOM all the time back in the day. Haven't played a FPS since, but my training from 20 years ago would totally take over if I picked up COD today and I would shred.











houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #146
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I used to play DOOM all the time back in the day.
I'd be up 'til 2am - 3am, using the ol' chainsaw on everything.

Good times.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #147
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
My KD ratio in COD BlackOps on the map Nuketown was 40:1. I could have gotten Holmes fasho.

Houghtam -I used to play DOOM all the time back in the day. Haven't played a FPS since, but my training from 20 years ago would totally take over if I picked up COD today and I would shred.



I'm sure you clowns could do very well in video games where if you **** up you can always hit the reset button.......here in the real world we know there's no substitute for actual training and target practice.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #148
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I'm sure you clowns could do very well in video games where if you **** up you can always hit the reset button.......here in the real world we know there's no substitute for actual training and target practice.
Exactly. Which is why training from 30 years ago is even less relevant than video game playing from 20 years ago.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #149
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,169
Default

After reading this article, now I know why Biden specifically said "double barreled shotgun". Maybe he's not the idiot we all think he is.


http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/0...proposed-bill/
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #150
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default



Biden's tactical home defense shotgun technique. Let me show you it.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Denver Broncos