The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #176
socalorado
Ring of Famer

After yesterdays combine, i think DEN will go either with Trufant or Rhodes depending on how the 1st round plays out, and if they are gone, then theres a good chance Te'o is there, and they will take him. Minter is a beast too.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #177
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I think this draft is relatively deep at LBer so I can see Denver taking another position in the first and then trying to get a ILB/MLB in the second. I'd prefer the Broncos take a guy like Bostic in the 2nd round as apposed to Te'o in the first, especially when they can get a good CB in the first.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #178
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
What's the story on Jon Bostic from FL? He's run the 40 as fast as 4.48 and he averaged like a 4.61 at the combine. He's got good size too. What is he, just dumb or something, does he not interview well? He's the prototypical 4-3 MLB in height, weight and speed.
Bostic might turn out to be a very good pro. He has pluses and minuses like all of this year's ILB crop.

From watching a few Florida games in 2012 (which had a really good defense this year), it's sometimes hard to tell chicken and egg. Do other players help him look better? Does he help others look better? One thing i'll say is that if you watched any Florida games, you definitely noticed him being a big part of their game. He makes plays and hits hard. As a matter of fact, i'll say that he sometimes plays "too mean" and really tries to drill people (which sometiomes leads to bad form or missed tackles). I thought I remember him making some stupid mistakes like punching people and drawing personal fouls at one time or another. Has a bad-ass attitude.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #179
Bmore Manning

Bostic is not a prospect I like. He missed many tackles that Evans and Elam had to clean up. He's a liability in coverage despite his "fast" 40 time. Conceptually he doesn't grasp the game like you want in a starting MLB. Just not a fan..
Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #180
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
I hadn't thought about it till today, but my bet is they go offensive line. Boring but probably the smart pick. Didn't they have their sights on the kid that went to Pittsburgh last year? I think they fill that spot this time around.
DeCastro? That was unattributed speculation. Elway not's gonna say who he liked at any time except the guy he picks. He played in the League for 17 years, been there, done that. He's not gonna give anything to the media, just bland BS kind of stuff, just enough to keep them interested, a tidbit here and there. He's smart, knows how to play the media game.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #181
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Here's my dream draft as of right now: Broncos take Trufant at #28, and DT with the #58, then a WR with 3rd round pick and Bostic or Alonso with the 4th round pick.

I'd be all giddy. It would be like Christmas in April. Oh, and pick up a RB in the 5th.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #182
Drunken.Broncoholic

I don't think any of those CBs will be at 28. Closer the draft get the higher Rhodes and trufant go. I wouldn't be surprised if they are picked in the teens low 20s
Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #183
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I don't think any of those CBs will be at 28. Closer the draft get the higher Rhodes and trufant go. I wouldn't be surprised if they are picked in the teens low 20s
yep, hence my dream. I've seen one mock that has Trufant going to the Broncos. I've seen another mock that has Lacey going to the Broncos. Trufant really helped himself with his 40 time. The Broncos could always go with the best DT or interior olineman available, or maybe with the best WR or safety available. There just seems to be some decent options for the Broncos in areas of need, that is, ILB, DT, WR, maybe CB, and Oline.

I'm excited about this draft. It definitely sucks for teams who need a QB but it's deep in some other positions like DT. I'd have no problem if the Broncos took defense with their first 4 picks.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #184
TonyR
Franchise Poster

D.J. Williams is done as a Bronco. Nate Irving is the current plan to man the Mike.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-williams-lard
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #185
Bacchus

Articles that continuously use "L.O.L." in it are very hard to read or take seriously.

Last edited by Bacchus; 03-03-2013 at 12:24 PM..
Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #186
Agamemnon

In my opinion, coming out of college, Irving was as good a prospect as any MLB in this draft. If the Broncos believe the guy can get the job done for us I have no reason to doubt them.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #187
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Articles that continuously use "L.O.L." in it are very hard to read or take seriously.
Not trying to be a wiseguy but it was all clear to me. DJ is gone (will probably be cut). They're floating the idea that Irving is the guy to beat for the job. Pretty straightforward stuff.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #188
SlyEli

te'o is a mess.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #189
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

I really liked Irving come out of NC State
The only concern was whether he could hold up long term given he was the bionic man

I would not be totally surprised if Irving actually is being looked at as the de facto starter
With guys like Tony Carter and Chris Harris coming out of nowhere I think this staff feels like they can develop guys into their roles

But given that their last solution for MLB was Joke Mays, they cant just be given the benefit of the doubt
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #190
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
D.J. Williams is done as a Bronco. Nate Irving is the current plan to man the Mike.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-williams-lard
ok, this guy is a joke... lol. I'm done reading his crap. .
Old 03-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #191
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Yep, the unfortunate thing to me is these guys have a lot of solid knowledge but IMO they get in their own way by trying to be cute and just flat out obsessing over certain things.

I am not a Tebow fanboy by a long shot, but man they still carry on about that. The whole "Jets" thing is just idiotic.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #192
Drunken.Broncoholic

Who's gonna even trade for DJ?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #193
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I'm curious what you disagree with? Also curious why you can't just read around/ignore the parts that so offend you?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #194
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Who's gonna even trade for DJ?
No one...his dumb ass is getting cut
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #195
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

No one is going to trade for DJ, not with that salary, and his off the field issues. He's a talented WLB but expensive. I dunna, but maybe a team like the NYG think about bringing him in and give up a 7th round pick for him? The Broncos eat part of the contract and the giants only have to shell out $4m or so, but they get a guy who can step in and contribute immediately?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #196
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Send him back to Tanahan. Daft doodle.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #197
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Agree D.J. has no trade value, but I'm thinking he will draw interest from multiple teams.

My guess is he goes home, the Raiders. They suit him in all aspects of where he's been and where he is now.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #198
CEH
Ring of Famer

Denver played a 4-2-5 defense 65% of the snaps last year. I don't see that changing this year so I don't expect a MLBer to be selected because those 3 down linebackers like SF has are few and far between

Oline has to be the highest priority to keep Manning here as long as possible as well as S to cover those TEs and CB

Last edited by CEH; 03-05-2013 at 08:06 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #199
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Denver played a 4-2-5 defense 65% of the snaps last year. I don't see that changing this year so I don't expect a MLBer to be selected because those 3 down linebackers like SF has are few and far between

Oline has to be the highest priority to keep Manning here as long as possible as well as S to cover those TEs and CB
When you understand that Miller counts as part of the 4 and not the 2, you'll know why a 3 down MLB is paramount for Denver.

PS. Every defense in the league spends 60%+ in the nickel.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #200
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
When you understand that Miller counts as part of the 4 and not the 2, you'll know why a 3 down MLB is paramount for Denver.

PS. Every defense in the league spends 60%+ in the nickel.
It is amazing how this easy to understand football fact evades 90% of the forum. Thank you Rev.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote